Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: SUPER RUGBY – WEEK 4: WESTERN FORCE V REBELS

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

SUPER RUGBY – WEEK 4: WESTERN FORCE V REBELS

WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Friday, 7 March 2014

The Western Force will mark Matt Hodgson’s 100th Asteron Life Super Rugby match this Saturday (8 March), when the team takes on the Melbourne Rebels at the ‘Force Field’ (nib Stadium).

The Western Australian captain becomes the first player to represent the club in 100 tournament matches, having begun his career in the Force’s first Asteron Life Super Rugby match against the Brumbies in 2006.

The Western Force will be looking to bounce back following last weekend’s loss to the Brumbies and have promoted flyhalf Sias Ebersohn, fullback Jayden Hayward, prop Pek Cowan and lock Wilhelm Steenkamp to the starting line-up. Towering lock Adam Coleman and outside back Marcel Brache are also in line to make their Super Rugby debuts for the Western Force off the bench.

Matches between the two sides have always been close, with a converted try the greatest margin in their previous six encounters – with three decided by a solitary point.

The Rebels will be looking to continue their strong start to the season following last weekend’s 35-14 win over the Cheetahs in Melbourne. The Rebels have made six changes to their starting XV with Paul Aloe-Emile and Max Lahiff helping form a new front row; Cadeyrn Neville at lock; Colby Faingaa at openside flanker; while flyhalf Angus Roberts and winger Tom Kingston are the new faces in the backline.

The Rebels teams boasts three former Force players in Luke Jones, Mitch Inman and Paul Alo-Emile, while Force hooker Heath Tessmann will line up against his former Melbourne teammates.

Members will have access to ‘The Corner Post’ members alfresco members area prior to and following the match. The area features food and bar facilities, as well as the presentation of the Haigh and Hasting Man of the Match award.

Tickets to Saturday’s match against the Melbourne Rebels are still available through Ticketmaster – visit www.ticketmaster.com.au.

Western Force v Melbourne Rebels
    The ‘Force Field’ (nib Stadium), Perth
    Saturday, 8 March, 2014
    Time: 4.40pm (AWST)
    Gates Open: 3.10pm (AWST)
    Coverage: Live on 990am (WA listeners)
    Weather Forecast: Min: 14C Max: 27C Partly cloudy. Winds south-westerly 15 to 25 km/h turning southerly 20 to 30 km/h during the morning.
    Official Twitter hashtag: #FORvREB
    Live match updates available on Twitter (@westernforce) with half-time/full-time scores available on Facebook (facebook.com/westernforce)

Last Meeting: Rebels 30 def Western Force 23 in Perth (2013)
    Head to head: Played 6 – Western Force 1; Rebels 5
    In Perth: Played 3 – Western Force 0; Rebels 3
    Biggest win: Western Force 27 def Rebels 24 in Melbourne (2011)
    Biggest loss: Rebels 30 def Western Force 23 in Melbourne (2013) and Perth (2013)

2014 record:
    Western Force: Played 2; Won 0, Lost 2; 0pts (15th)
    Rebels: Played 1; Won 1, Lost: 0; 5pts (6th)

Western Force: 1. Pek Cowan, 2. Nathan Charles, 3. Kieran Longbottom, 4. Sam Wykes, 5. Wilhelm Steenkamp, 6. Angus Cottrell, 7. Matt Hodgson (c), 8. Ben McCalman, 9. Alby Mathewson, 10. Sias Ebersohn, 11. Nick Cummins, 12. Kyle Godwin, 13. Junior Rasolea, 14. Luke Morahan, 15. Jayden Hayward. Res: 16. Heath Tessmann, 17. Tetera Faulkner, 18. Ollie Hoskins, 19. Adam Coleman, 20. Brynard Stander, 21. Ian Prior, 22. Zack Holmes, 23. Marcel Brache.

Rebels: 1. Max Lahiff, 2. Pat Leafa, 3. Paul Alo-Emile, 4. Hugh Pyle, 5. Cadeyrn Neville, 6. Sean McMahon, 7. Colby Fainga'a, 8. Scott Higginbotham (c), 9. Luke Burgess, 10. Angus Roberts, 11. Tom English, 12. Mitch Inman, 13. Tamati Ellison, 14. Tom Kingston, 15. Jason Woodward. Res: 16. Shota Horie, 17. Toby Smith, 18. Laurie Weeks, 19. Luke Jones, 20. Lopeti Timani, 21. Ben Meehan, 22. Bryce Hegarty, 23. Lachlan Mitchell.

Referee: Nick Briant Assistant Referees: Ian Smith, Ed Martin TMO: George Ayoub

Curtain Raiser
    Bankwest Junior Rugby
    Kick-off: 3.40pm
    The next generation of Western Force stars will be on show on Saturday when a selection of the Under 8 to Under 11s from the local Western Australian clubs take to the field prior to the Western Force v Melbourne Rebels main game.

Transport Information
    Please note: Public transport is included as part of your ticket/membership. Full information on Transperth timetabling for Western Force matches can be found at www.transperth.wa.gov.au.

Please note: Train services will be cancelled on the Midland Line between Midland and Claisebrook stations from the evening of Friday, 7 March until last service Sunday, 9 March 2014 in order to facilitate works on the Midland Line. Please check www.transperth.wa.gov.au for details and alternate arrangements.

For the latest information on any road closures and how they could affect you please visit the MainRoads WA website: www.mainroads.wa.gov.au

Parking
    Very limited car parking is available at nib Stadium. Parking is available at East Perth rail terminal (adjacent to East Parade), Royal Street, Central TAFE (Fielder Street), Royal Perth Hospital (Moore Street), Newcastle Street, Pier Street (south of Edward Street only), William Street (near Newcastle Street), Stirling Street (south of Bulwer Street only), and Brisbane Street.

Disabled (ACROD) car parking areas are available and are located on Pier Street, Brewer Street and on Loton Park (fee applies) on match days only

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Brache should be given a start on the wing, with the Honey Badger at 13. Rasolea should be out of the 22 - Dellit on the bench. Alcock unlucky to miss out on a bench spot.

Sias worth his starting spot - hopefully he doesn't kick everything away. Holmes should get good game time though.

Melbourne have got some mobile and powerful runners - our defence in close and our speed off the line must be very good.

PUT IT IN FOR HODGO, BOYS!!

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    Brache should be given a start on the wing, with the Honey Badger at 13. Rasolea should be out of the 22 - Dellit on the bench. Alcock unlucky to miss out on a bench spot.

Sias worth his starting spot - hopefully he doesn't kick everything away. Holmes should get good game time though.

Melbourne have got some mobile and powerful runners - our defence in close and our speed off the line must be very good.

PUT IT IN FOR HODGO, BOYS!!
    yeah, dump Junior. But Alcock is off due to injury. Our defence's were really stretched on the wings, that was where they kept scoring their tries. Lets hope they have worked on their drift defence!

vCash
    BELIEVE YOU CAN DO THIS BOYS... FOR HODGO, ; YOURSELVES, THE FANS.. .AND THE BLOODY CRITICS ..

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    BELIEVE YOU CAN DO THIS BOYS... FOR HODGO, ; YOURSELVES, THE FANS.. .AND THE BLOODY CRITICS ..
    Your posts are getting very flashy Hertryk! Been training on that iPad?

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    I have been a big fan of Junior's, but he hasn't been bringing anything to the table. He can be a more bullocking runner, but he's jsut not doing it. Could be the service he's getting - I don't know. Perhaps more suited to the wing?

Also, it's been said elsewhere on the boards that Alby hasn't been his normal self, and I'd have to agree with that. Things sparked up when Prior came on, but that was against a tiring defense.

Regardless, hopefully both of them will bring it today! This is approaching "must win" territory, only 3 weeks in!

vCash
    Snob I sure am trying... !!! I don't know why though it's in twice???

vCash
    I feel optimistic. They will play for 80 mins this week and walk away with A bonus point to help celebrate Hodgos 100th match for the Force.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Go The Force!

vCash
    Melbourne chopped, changed, butchered, tampered, fiddled, interfered, molested a winning team that put The Cheetahs to the sword. I see the intellectual giant of "spin it wide" Mark-during-my-stella-career-Ella is all over the Rabble like a John Holmes movie climax. This can only spell trouble for the travelling Rabble.

Half time against the ponies was a turning point in the Farce season. The second dig against the Brumbies was a much better effort.

Force by 15 with a BP

Bring back the biff

regards
    Rex

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

vCash
    It's going to be a tough game. The boys had better show up this arvo, not just for Hodgo, but for themselves and Foley. If they don't perform I can imagine Foley will be feeling the heat !

So dig deep lads and do your long suffering fans proud by stuffing those ducks from Melbourne.

Player
    vCash
    This is line in the sand time for the season. Im a fan, Im long time suffering.....I want a WIN!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Force got this

I hate Victards

Senior Player
    vCash
    Think I may have just seen a hertryk kicking around at the member's bar - at least, I know she's likely to have a Force v Lions top with 5 on it...

vCash
    I didn't tip them.
    But I am most happy with the 1/2 time score

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    What is it?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast