Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Michael Foley needs two or three wins in first eight weeks to save Force job

vCash

Michael Foley needs two or three wins in first eight weeks to save Force job

MICHAEL Foley needs at least two or three wins over the opening eight weeks of Super Rugby if he’s to save his job at Western Force, Fox Sports rugby commentator Tim Horan says.

The Force began their season with a 43-21 loss to NSW Waratahs in Sydney last weekend and face another tough challenge on Saturday when they welcome last year’s finalists the Brumbies to Perth.

The club this week revealed its goal was to secure eight wins for the season but with the Australian conference set to be as keenly contested as ever, Horan believes Foley is likely to come under intense scrutiny.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/su...-1226840281468

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Not posting the above in support what's being quoted, cant stand the little twerp.

Was just interested what yous lot were thinking.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    why isn't Horan's job as a shit commentator ever under scrutiny ?

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    This appears to be Tim Horan trying to stir up things in the west, what has he got against us, he appears to be out to sink. Be it this or the Genia affair.

He has taken an article taking about what we want to achieve and made it the yardstick by which our coach will survive.

He needs to get a life or out the media as he is tainting them even more than they are.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Same reason Tah-Fellating Kearns & dick head Marto's jobs are safe

vCash
    whilst i dislike TM i am in total agreement with him Foley is on very thin ice his record as a coach isn’t great and unless he starts to show some REAL improvement then i think his position will be untenable.

One thing that does worry me is that we have more real successor options in the ranks both our assistance from last year left and if Foley was given the chop we have 2 Saffa boys who have no experience at all in super rugby bar last weekend. Again a massive worry that Foley has replaced 2 top flight coach’s with 2 nobody yes man.

And before his fan boys job all over me he is a great club man and rugby director but his coaching history is less than impressive.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm so much happier with Michael Foley than his predecessor. I can't see that changing anytime soon

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    2012 Record (NSW) - 4 wins, 12 losses
    2013 Record (Western Force) - 4 wins, 1 draw and 11 losses

Agreed not a great record as a coach but he has been given a job to rebuild the Force and rebuilds don't happen overnight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    2012 Record (NSW) - 4 wins, 12 losses
    2013 Record (Western Force) - 4 wins, 1 draw and 11 losses

Agreed not a great record as a coach but he has been given a job to rebuild the Force and rebuilds don't happen overnight.
    yeah i think he has been doing a great job buiding the new rugby department but his coaching ability still has a massive question mark over it. And when i say REAL improvement im not talking about get a win here and there as giant killers i want us to be beating the teams we should be week in week out eg the Rebels Lions Cheetah Highlanders

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Every coach is under scrutiny every season. Sounds like TH is struggling to fill his contracted column inches.

Win/loss is a bit too narrow a criteria for mine. Effort, application and legitimate improvement would all have to be factors. All of which were lacking from the Force in the first round.

Gaffa is correct - Foley's coaching record isn't great so he isn't on a firm footing to start with. I hope he makes a go of it but Sindeberry doesn't strike me as a sit on his hands type if performance does not start to improve.

vCash
    I really enjoyed Tim Horan's consistent endeavours for the Wallabies.

This comment re Michael Foley has no more credibility than his consistent poor efforts as a rugby commentator.
    To make such a comment after a single game is premature to say the least!!

The rebuilding of the Western Force, after gross mismanagement over many years, is more than an 18 month task.

Tim Horan, like the majority of East Coast centric Fox commentators, don't have clue about what's happening at the Western Force.

A good example is the commentary of the Tahs game.
    How many of the Western Force player's names does Phil Kearns even know??
    Watch the game again...he's incapable of even acknowledging their efforts.

EVERYTHING is moving in the right direction....we just need to give what is a very new combination - management, coaches and players - a fair go with our support and encouragement...not threats.

Go you good things....nothing succeeds like success!!

vCash
    Tim Whoreman talks kaka!
    It's about time he was removed for being the worst commentator on fox, tv or radio.
    As for Foley he is in the same position that ever other coach is, get results or walk! The difference with Foley is that he is rebuilding a team/club and that doesn't come over night. That said we have to improve and I think Foley's aware of the consequences if we don't.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    I'm interested to see the composition and performance of the Western Force squad over the first half of the season.

16 of the 30 man squad currently have no contract beyond 2014. It's obviously time to shape up or ship out. The rebuilding must continue. Foley highlighted this at the end of last season and said that there'd be some early extensions. I s'pose this awaits end March and completion of Force A games.

The EPS guys need to grasp their chances when they come. Continued dumb activities bordering on Yellow Cards (Rory Walton and Robbie Abel) will not get them into the 23. Looking forward to seeing Adam Coleman get fit to show us what he's got.

The best of our local talent also need to bridge the HUGE gap to Super XV. The Pacific Cup is a good initiative which gives them a chance to show their stuff on the bigger stage. Great to see Ollie Hoskins in the 23 as a great reward for his efforts in the pre-season.

vCash
    Whilst I'm as gutted as anybody about losing to the Tahs (remember, anybody but the Tahs) I think we need to get a little bit of a grip.

Foley may not be the messiah, but he has had a massive job to do. Clearing out dead wood from Braindead Dick meant that last season was pretty much a write off. Let's not forget that this job may not be finished yet (does anybody think Sias would have a contract if he wasn't on a two year) I don't think Foley is under any more pressure than any other coach (especially Cheika who will be axed in week 8 if the win/loss ratio isn't up to scratch, it happened with Link) but there is always pressure.

At the end of the day Tim Horan is a grade A knob gobbler who has some form of vendetta against the Force. I simply can't wait until the chickens come home to roost on the Reds with Graham coaching them, it'll be fun to watch Horan try to blame that one on the Force!

C'mon the

vCash
    If he is to be chopped mid-season, then with whom would he be replaced? Took long enough to appoint him.

I think he is safe for the season.

Problem for me is how long we are re-building. If the coach is replaced, the new coach can quote "re-building" for the rest of this season and then all next. It has already been too long imho

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast