Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Michael Foley needs two or three wins in first eight weeks to save Force job

Player
    vCash
    Yeah the Rebels performed well but its 1 game in. We need to see how all the teams are going after 6 or 7 games to get a guide. Will have a better idea after the Brumbies game. The Force need to come out and really put on a huge performance and show some style and direction.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Impressed with the way the Rebels played and their heart. Was it a flash in the pan? We will see next week.
    Let's just hope our boys get up for the Brumbies and show that last week was just a dump in a pan!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Great post SNOB! I see the media are fawning all over the Rebels after their game last night. One day, that WILL be us! Won't it? Surely? Please?!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The article was in response to a throwaway line Horan made on the rugby club. Horan is a c&cksmoker but there wasn't much in that comment. It was clear that Horan was just speculating when he made that comment and fox have repeated it just to fill up space on their site.

TBH I was never sold on appointment of Foley as coach in the first place considering his record with the Tahs, but the length of his contract with us and lack of other options for coaching would mean that his job is safe for the season at least.

I was also of the view that giving Graham the arse mid way through the season really didn't do much for us and probably meant that we had to pay out the rest of his contact for the year.

Still, considering where we are at the moment Foley needs win some games at home. I think its crucially important now that we finish above the Rebels on the table. To do that we need to beat them, something we have found hard in the past. If their first match is anything to go buy we will have our work cut out for us.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    On paper at least the tahs are worthy title contenders. The Force had no hard games in trials to prepare for that.
    So why did we not arrange harder trial games to prepare for the upcoming season?

Surely that's a fu@k up on the management side?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Maybe it was for financial reasons WFDS? They seem to have pumped a lot of the budget into their wall-to-wall #belong advertising campaign so maybe nothing left over for spending on travelling anywhere. Equally, maybe the other S15 sides spurned us as they thought WE wouldn't give THEM much of a hit out????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    And before his fan boys job all over me he is a great club man and rugby director but his coaching history is less than impressive.
    Can't see what is riling people about what he has said. After last weeks match, you'd have to question a few of the players (not on effort, but on ability), and you would really have to ask who came up with the gameplan - the Force were effectively out of the contest in the first 5 minutes, and the 'Tahs took their foot of the gas well before half time. Growden and Horan write "opinion" (remember that word) pieces, and if the Force continue in that vein it will be a long season.

History is replete with roadkill who were subjected to a change of "rebuilding" priorities by the board. Horan is right Foles needs to build some good-will early on - wins, not near things - or is that what's really worrying people, the fact that no-one can see who that's going to be.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    This wasn't even an article by Horan, it was an article by another journalist quoting him from the Rugby Club where the hosts went through and talked about each team and their performance from the weekend. The basis of the comments actually stemmed from a Foley quote, where he talked about aiming for 8 wins for the season.

vCash
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog

The Force are renowned for big scalps

The playing roster isn't the greatest list in the super rugby union but there have been some handy additions since last year. It's hard to coach a team that lacks ability against the best players in the world. 8 wins is too conservative however. They should be aiming for a home final. Believe and achieve.

If you go out with the attitude 8 wins is a good season, you will lose more than you win. You get what you focus on in life.

If you go out with a bloody minded attitude that you aren't walking off the field a loser, you are more likely to dig deep when the big moments arrive in the game.

Great to see Alcock starting at 7 today. He was one of our best in season 2013. The captain has to be under a bit of pressure. His performances havent been as good as a few seasons back.

Hopefully Wykes will get injured early so we can get some Afrikaaner mongrel into the pack.

Rex will be there buying watered down over inflated beer, ridiculously hyperinflated trashy merchandise, and sporting 3 kids with massive grins. They are lucky to have me back after running out a club team to play the Lions when I payed full freight for the tickets last year.

Rugby will be the winner. Will love to see some Brumbies bleeding and heading back to Canberra with no points and a "just raped by the Force" look all over their Chevy Chase

See you at the game

Force by plenty. Horan can call for Larkham's head next week.

'Carn the Force

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog

Hopefully Wykes will get injured early so we can get some Afrikaaner mongrel into the pack.

'Carn the Force
    Vilhelm Steenkamp is one of the many who went missing last week.

I hope he get's an opportunity to show us what he has from off the bench!!

Last edited by andrewg; 01-03-14 at 13:36.

Player
    vCash
    I think Stander and possibly Heidberg will be the pick of the Saffa recruits (even though they arn't playing). We need some toughness in the front row. Not saying Faulkner, Charles, Kbomb and Cowan aren't good players but they don't come across as overley aggressive. We need to find a balance between skill and intimidation and outside of MMM and maybe McCalman we haven't got much.

Looking forward to the game, not the soapy beers as Rex says, but thats why they have pubs that serve good beer and have the Tahs v Reds game on. Go the Force!

vCash
    Anyone know if the members' has real beer. Did at Subi. Tossing up between Reds/Tahs or the 4:30 A game.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Anyone know if the members' has real beer. Did at Subi. Tossing up between Reds/Tahs or the 4:30 A game.
    Mid strength draft! Ie cats piss!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Looks like The Carbon for Reds then.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I'd just like to go on record and say that I had completely misunderstood the visionary genius of Michael Foley. He isn't looking to build an average 80 minute rugby team, he is going to build the best three minute rugby team in the world and shock the opposition into losing after the siren.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast