Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hugh leaving at the end of the year.

vCash

Hugh leaving at the end of the year.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Spewing. That is all.

vCash
    Sad loss for us and the Wallabies :-(

vCash
    he just signed a 2 year contract at the end of last year so im not sure about this one.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Really hope this is wrong. I wish it was Wykes going.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Will be disappointed but if true I can't really blame him given his injury history

vCash
    I am not sure about the departure time. I think someone has got there wires crossed and it is at the end of next season.

Hugh signed a two contract last year for 2014/15, not sure if there was an opt out clause, but this early would not be the time to opt out unless the injury is more serious than anticipated.

Hugh, please do not go we need you at the Force!!!

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    McMeniman plans early Force exit
    The West Australian

Nick Taylor The West Australian

Hard man Hugh McMeniman will deal the Western Force a blow when he cuts short his contract to join Japanese club Honda.

The Force are reeling from their 22-point loss to the Waratahs in Sunday's season opener and are set to lose Wallaby McMeniman at the end of the season.

McMeniman is signed with the Force until 2015 and the move, if sanctioned by the Australia Rugby Union, will be a huge loss to the club and to Australia.

The man they call Madness was recalled to the Wallabies side for coach Ewen McKenzie's first game in charge in August, making his 22nd Test appearance.

But he sustained a shoulder injury in that game against the All Blacks and later had surgery.

Force coach Michael Foley is likely to pair McMeniman with South African import Wilhelm Steenkamp on Saturday to give his side more steel and go- forward against the Brumbies at nib Stadium.

The Force did not penetrate the Waratahs defence very often in Sunday's 43-21 loss but when McMeniman was introduced from the bench, his first appearance after his operation, he showed he had lost none of his trademark aggression.

Giant Brumbies winger Henry Speight says his side is motivated by revenge for Saturday's clash.

The ACT side went down by five points in last year's Super Rugby final against the Chiefs, but Speight said the final-round 21-15 loss to the Force in Perth had upset their finals build-up.

"It's still very prominent in our memories and that was a stumbling block on the way to the finals," he said.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...ly-force-exit/

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    So far this is all media speculation as usual, but I can't say there is "no smoke"

HQ have been asked and there is no "official" word at this stage.

Watch this space for more news soon....

Last edited by The InnFORCEr; 26-02-14 at 14:53.
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I guess him going would give Wykes a reprieve. And that, to me, shows just how big the loss would be :-(

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    There's a huge, 23 year old Wales International Lock whose family lives in Perth, who's played club rugby here, and who's father coached Premier grade here, that the Force could approach to replace the second rate bunch they've got .... oh , wait ....

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    McMeniman is signed with the Force until 2015 and the move, if sanctioned by the Australia Rugby Union, will be a huge loss to the club and to Australia.
    I don't know if anyone else picked up that that bit of the story but to me that is the most important part. Perhaps a deal is in the air. Obviously he couldn't come back with a Wallaby top up but maybe do a back to back Force/Honda?Force deal.
    Lets face it Honda are not a top side and maybe his body could cope with that but the Japanese contracts are pretty tight.

Last edited by wholetruth; 26-02-14 at 21:19.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    There's a huge, 23 year old Wales International Lock whose family lives in Perth, who's played club rugby here, and who's father coached Premier grade here, that the Force could approach to replace the second rate bunch they've got .... oh , wait ....
    Sorry Fulvio but the marquee spots are full. Unless Alby can't come back.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    I don't know if anyone else picked up that that bit of the story but to me that is the most important part. Perhaps a deal is in the air. Obviously he couldn't come back with a Wallaby top up but maybe do a back to back Force/Honda?Force deal.
    Lets face it Honda are not a top side and maybe his body could cope with that but the Japanese contracts are pretty tioghht.
    Would be great if true. I was more worried that that statement referred to whether or not the ARU would release him from his ARU contract. I doubt that would be an issue for a cash-strapped ARU.

Players backing up Super Rugby with Japanese Rugby is a good move. We have 5 franchises. That means we need about 15 hookers (enough to get Craig Thompson's mouth watering), 20 locks, 15 scrum-halves, etc, etc. How do you ensure a good mix of high quality players with reliable reserves and young and up and coming players. Why would guys like Colby Faingaa or Chris Alcock stay in Australian Rugby long term with guys like Pocock, Hooper and Gill ahead of them? Relaxing the rule that says "Super Rugby players must make themselves available for the Wallabies" would benefit everyone. There has to be capacity for guys who probably won't ever make the Wallabies who are none the less solid Super Rugby performers to earn a bit of extra money backing up in Japan, but staying in Aussie Rugby. It would have to be managed so that it does not become too many players, but the benefits outweigh the risks.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    You don't do irony, do you, Wholetruth?

Anyway, the Lock I'm referring to is, I believe, an Australian citizen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast