Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: What makes you go WTF???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    RA. Again.

SMH running an article where the "unbiased" Kearns praises the transparent "external" review (Goog, Slacky & Darlene Harrison). Goes on to say “I think probably the people that have the least responsibility for that performance is the board,” Kearns said. “The people that have the most responsibility are the coaching staff, selectors and the players." (FUCK OFF!!!). This despite no clear terms of reference being announced. Our game really is in dire straits.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...23-p5em87.html
    I'm sorry Shasta, but the terms of reference were pretty clear to me "the "strategy and structure" of the Wallabies' performance" ie basically indemnifying any of the preparation, broader decisions and most importantly the decision to oust the coach 9 months before and install a psychopath with a blank cheque.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Never mind Rugby WA making fuck ups. The Mungos currently have 4 players plus a bunch of suits and various journos in Las Vegas promoting their hoped for venture into the gambling major leagues. As usual the players do clinics at local clubs. Problem is the local Mungos are outraged. The reason? They sent Spencer Leniu & Campbell Graham to a local junior Rugby Club.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I must be missing something. Assuming you mean local Junior Rugby Union club, why would they be outraged by being given the chance to poach players from another code? Seems odd from the local Rah Rahs though.

vCash
    I wouldn't spend too much time trying to make sense of a simple fuck-up, Andy. Most times they are just what they look like.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I wouldn't spend too much time trying to make sense of a simple fuck-up, Andy. Most times they are just what they look like.
    so the saw the word Rugby and didn't bother to check further?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    so the saw the word Rugby and didn't bother to check further?
    They probably engaged a local PR outfit to organise such promos. Most people in the US don't know that there are other football codes besides NFL, let alone knowing the differences between them.

vCash
    When I was in Hawaii in 2017 I was chatting to some of the locals at a pub and we were waiting for one of the NRL finals to start and they were just referring to it as Rugby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    When I was in Hawaii in 2017 I was chatting to some of the locals at a pub and we were waiting for one of the NRL finals to start and they were just referring to it as Rugby.
    Well when you consider that the mob who started the revolution still stubbornly refer to Rugba League as Roogbeh, it's not a big stretch.

Senior Player Contributor DarthMoose's Avatar
    vCash
    Just got an email from RA regarding Wallabies hospitality packages for Lions tour… and in same email offers for Waratahs packages…!!!

RA- At least pretend that there is some separation please!
    Makes me not want to purchase anything out of spite!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMoose View Post
    Just got an email from RA regarding Wallabies hospitality packages for Lions tour… and in same email offers for Waratahs packages…!!!

RA- At least pretend that there is some separation please!
    Makes me not want to purchase anything out of spite!
    But there is no longer any separation now. Waratahs signed up to RAs centralisation / alignment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    But there is no longer any separation now. Waratahs signed up to RAs centralisation / alignment
    Regardless of whether they are run out of the same office or not you would think they would separate the 2 different approaches. You have to think of your audience. It’s not like they save money by sending 1 email.

Do other franchises get to spam all of the past Australian rugby ticket buyers with their teams advertisements piggy backed onto Wallaby marketing drives?

vCash
    Im probably what you would call a ‘swing supporter’- force member since the very beginning and went to most Wallaby jaunts out West.
    The Force axing and related shitstorm really pushed me away from rugby for a long while (probably mirrored by my lack of engagement here on TWF). I’ve stayed a member of the WF the whole time and continued through GRR and the rest but emails like the above from RA really make me question why I bother.
    I know 2017 was a long time ago and we’ve moved on (and I probably should have moved on too), and the local teams were burnt also and WA rugby is different etc etc but I’m just venting how I felt when I read the email.

I feel optimistic about this year (again for the 15th year or more) and this email just pissed me off!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMoose View Post
    Im probably what you would call a ‘swing supporter’- force member since the very beginning and went to most Wallaby jaunts out West.
    The Force axing and related shitstorm really pushed me away from rugby for a long while (probably mirrored by my lack of engagement here on TWF). I’ve stayed a member of the WF the whole time and continued through GRR and the rest but emails like the above from RA really make me question why I bother.
    I know 2017 was a long time ago and we’ve moved on (and I probably should have moved on too), and the local teams were burnt also and WA rugby is different etc etc but I’m just venting how I felt when I read the email.

I feel optimistic about this year (again for the 15th year or more) and this email just pissed me off!
    I agree with what you have said and doubt I will ever fully get over 2017 myself. Still been unable to wear Wallabies colours since, such was the betrayal I felt. Force gear all weekend at the 7s. Unfortunately as it was in 2017 when the Force signed with RA, my expectation would be the spamming of products. Unfortunately we were led down the garden path by manipulative flogs. Of course when the Tahs signed it will be all benfit with no risk at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    Of course when the Tahs signed it will be all benfit with no risk at all.
    And let's not forget how they encouraged all the other franchises to get on board by making veiled suggestions that the axe might swing on them as easily as anybody else.

Thankfully literally everybody in every other state administration saw it as the snow job that it was.

Even the Rebels who are looking at genuinely going out of business (again....yeah...I know) aren't willing to catch the "lifeline"

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Even the Rebels who are looking at genuinely going out of business (again....yeah...I know) aren't willing to catch the "lifeline"
    Is it the Rebels saying no or RA not willing to take on their debt. RA have enough of their own.

I can't understand how the Rebels has been run so poorly for so long and multiple times.

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast