Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Waratahs vs Force - SR R2 Sunday 23 February 2014

vCash
    I like the comment by Greg Clarke when he said 15000 crowd... More fans will come once the retards start winning.... They dont win they just play the ref better

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    The way the Fox lot were talking forget the season and just give them trophy now! As for the Force I can only sigh and hope that has ironed out the lots of first match jitters!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Apart from hodgo and madness there was little commitment, did we really sign wykes for another two seasons?...the policy of targeting folau with the high ball is never going to work, the biased pro tah commentary team was laughable.... It's going to be a long season... Brumbies next up let's see if the boys can raise their game...

vCash
    The only hope we have next week is that the Brumbies looked horrible this week. If they don't improve and we do, there's a small chance we'll be in it.

We simply aren't good enough for this competition.

C'mon the

vCash
    I like Hodgo as a player, but I think he made some bad decisions as a captain today. We could have really got ourselves back in the game at the beginning of the 2nd half

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Amazing the difference. Our guys just could not get
    a backline formed
    the ball was always so slow from the rucks
    Tards always seem to have a player on our side of the rucks ( Rucking a Player on our side should be allowed )

As said before Fox are not good at acknowledging the other teams when either the tards or reds play

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    As said before Fox are not good at acknowledging the other teams when either the tards or reds play
    As much as it pains me to say it, there was really nothing about the force that they could talk about. We defended well at times, which to be fair they did recognize. But in attack we showed next to nothing.

Badger was quiet and defended pretty poorly. Backline in general didn't seem to click. Steenkamp had a very unremarkable game (outplayed by rookie skelton). Wykes made almost no meters. Hodgeson & macalman were really trying, but seemed to be doing it alone. I could go on.

I wil rewatch later to try and find some hope, but at the moment I am sincerely disappointed.

vCash
    The Force just seem to sap my enjoyment of rugby, year on year.. depressed.. they're always committed, but sadly not skilled enough for another season .. must be coming up for 10 years of disappointment soon..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
    As much as it pains me to say it, there was really nothing about the force that they could talk about. .
    One positive thing to say about the Fox commentary this weekend - no Marto

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
    Hodgeson & macalman were really trying, but seemed to be doing it alone..
    I think Gus did OK, but I'd still have Alcock in my starting back three. He always makes a big difference when he comes off the bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    I think Gus did OK, but I'd still have Alcock in my starting back three. He always makes a big difference when he comes off the bench.
    The issue is that Alcock should be starting ahead of Hodgo but as captain he needs to be out there

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Laurie Fisher was sitting in front of me and I asked him during the second half if he'd let us win next week but he said he'd prefer not too.

Crowd was bad but not as bad as on the tele, everyone moved to the camera side to get away from the sun.

Re the game it was just poor defense and a flat back line that couldn't get the ball quick enough. The real depressing thing was how there is no backup plan.

vCash
    Here they come. Out of hibernation......

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    God there are some miserable buggers on here. Sure it wasn't the flashest of games, but it was the first one of the season and we were playing an away game against a side that will be one of the competition's best. Was anyone really pinning all their hopes on this one game?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    I thought Benny Mac had a great game. As did Cheese considering he's not played for about 10 months. There just didn't seem to be any 'spark' or enough hard-nosed will to win. I'm sure that wasn't the case, but it just seemed that way watching it at the Piazza. Kyle did one of his trademark attacking breaks but no-one kept up with him. And the high kicks with Folau waiting to catch them seemed suicidal.

I wasn't expecting us to beat the Tahs but I thought we could have finished closer. That freak try to the breadman on the stroke of halftime was just cruel and the Tahs ran away with it from there I guess :-(

Bring on the home game next weekend!!

Last edited by Alison; 24-02-14 at 08:25.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast