Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: O'Connor heading back Down Under

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    And in breaking news, Nick Taylor tosses a coin......
    At least that story explains how the arrogant little s**t and his manager think they can get him back to Super Rugby. Release clause be buggered!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Samoans can't handle 38 degrees! WTF!!!!!??

BTW wot happened to 'go to Top Button'?

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Samoans can't handle 38 degrees! WTF!!!!!??

BTW wot happened to 'go to Top Button'?
    apart from that, it was fricken cold! we must've been a long way south of perth, wind off of antarctica.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    apart from that, it was fricken cold! we must've been a long way south of perth, wind off of antarctica.
    it was effing cold down south. Those poor Samoans must have had icicles hanging of their bits! That's how cold it felt.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by SNOB; 09-02-14 at 22:48.
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    We can sign him....for the right price. Which most likely would be a lot less than O'Connor and his management believe he is worth. I don't believe he would come back to AUS to sign with the Force - that would be beneath him. If he is going to come back here for what he believes is a cut-price contract to put him in the window for wallaby selection he would probably end up at the Reds.

Anyway, he will probably get used to the money in Toulon, the Croissants and the Culottes. That would keep him in a manner of lifestyle that he would be accustomed to.

vCash
    Irish saw the writing on the wall and rightly decided not to keep a player who was clearly only wanting to use them as a stepping stone, cash cow and a means of allowing his management team to keep his name in the papers & maintain his bargaining position.

I sincerely hope Mr Sinderberry and the RugbyWA board do the same. You can't build a team around such a self-centred player, however talented they may be or how much x-factor they may bring. And as Gigs said, he hardly made any difference to our success before so why should it be any different this time round.

Stick to the French Riviera JOC - it suits you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Irish saw the writing on the wall and rightly decided not to keep a player who was clearly only wanting to use them as a stepping stone, cash cow and a means of allowing his management team to keep his name in the papers & maintain his bargaining position.
    I sincerely hope Mr Sinderberry and the RugbyWA board do the same. You can't build a team around such a self-centred player, however talented they may be or how much x-factor they may bring. And as Gigs said, he hardly made any difference to our success before so why should it be any different this time round.

Stick to the French Riviera JOC - it suits you.
    That’s crap they said they wanted to keep him and stated how well he had fitted in and acknowledge all the hard work he had done both on and off the field as have his team mates but with JOC only wanting to commit to another short term deal (so he could return to aus) it didn’t fit with their long term plan. Your just making stuff up now

We have become the character police. Sure he has down some stupid shit but I couldn’t give a toss about any of that the only thing I care about is what he has to offer us on the field.

Once he steps over that white line will he give 110% to get his team over the line? Yes he will that is what matters I challenge you to find a game where this isn’t the case.

And don’t give me this crap about team culture and him being a bad influence if 1 young bloke can turn you teams culture to shit then I’m sorry its not the 1 guy it’s the team culture that is the problem. That’s what happened at the Rebels you think the tahs are going to go to shit because Beale is there no because the team culture will control him unlike what he was like in Melbourne.

He is a rugby player and a damn fine one at that and we would be lucky to have him here again and Foley knows that hence why they are interested in him some people just need to get of their high horses.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by GAFFA; 10-02-14 at 10:39.
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    More like 110% to get himself over the line

I'm pretty sure you will be proved very wrong if you bring up Force stats when Rabbit played v when he didn't, but was part of the team and if we won or not. I know a lot of current players were quoting this when the return saga began last year.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    More like 110% to get himself over the line

I'm pretty sure you will be proved very wrong if you bring up Force stats when Rabbit played v when he didn't, but was part of the team and if we won or not. I know a lot of current players were quoting this when the return saga began last year.
    I guess you could say we sucked with him and suck even more with out him:
    With
    2008 - 7 Wins
    2009 - 6 Wins
    2010 - 4 Wins
    2011 - 5 Wins

Without
    2012 - 3 Wins
    2013 - 4 Wins

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    I guess you could say we sucked with him and suck even more with out him:
    With
    2008 - 7 Wins
    2009 - 6 Wins
    2010 - 4 Wins
    2011 - 5 Wins

Without
    2012 - 3 Wins
    2013 - 4 Wins
    Now of the wins from 2008 to 2011, how many of those wins did he actually play in???

vCash
    Surely you're not saying you believe all that media spin Irish put out are you Gaffa? I'm surprised!

vCash
    Now of the wins from 2008 to 2011, how many of those wins did he actually play in???
    Since Joc Made his debut in round 10 2008 to when he left in 2011 the Force won 17 games he played in 11 of those games so he played in 64.71 % of the Forces winning games so no we didnt win more times when he wasnt playing.

vCash
    But he played a total 38 times for the Force for only 11 wins (28.94%), so we lost more than we won when he was playing.

Just remember that 69.756% of statistics are made up

vCash
    But he played a total 38 times for the Force for only 11 wins (28.94%), so we lost more than we won when he was playing.

Just remember that 69.756% of statistics are made up
    Like i said we sucked with him and we sucked even more without him.

vCash
    There's nothing cast in stone to say when he returns he's coming here. Right or wrong I got the impression he'd much rather wait for any team over that side of the country to have a serious injury on their hands & end up playing over in the Eastern States.

He was only interested in playing for us when we were the only option left for him.

Like I said a long time ago, I'd much rather we become the team we all want without him in it.

I don't care how good he is or how much current or prospective employers tell me he's changed... he is a poisonous little twerp who has the potential to undermine all the good work that Foley's done since he arrived.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by WFDom; 10-02-14 at 13:21.
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast