Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: O'Connor heading back Down Under

vCash
    Very very very bored now...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    So he leaves Irish at the end of May but will have to return to Aus by December to qualify for Wallaby consideration. Wonder how much that is per game that Toulon will be forking out for the pleasure of his services. More money than sense given how many other superstars they have in their squad. Another good gig for the Shand retirement fund too.

vCash
    On the evidence of last night, I reckon he won't be needed. Only a trial, sure. But I think we might just have a gun backline thus year.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    On the evidence of last night, I reckon he won't be needed. Only a trial, sure. But I think we might just have a gun backline thus year.
    Have to disagree we lack a top quality Right Winger with Joc there then I would say we could have a gun backline.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Have to disagree we lack a top quality Right Winger with Joc there then I would say we could have a gun backline.
    OK. Agree to disagree.

There's a difference between needed and being a nice addition. With Heywood at 15 and Morahan and Badger on the flanks we are Ok. I'm not sure we "need" JOC and all the baggage he brings. Which is different to what I thought a few months ago.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Dellitt plays OK too

vCash
    OK. Agree to disagree.

There's a difference between needed and being a nice addition. With Heywood at 15 and Morahan and Badger on the flanks we are Ok. I'm not sure we "need" JOC and all the baggage he brings. Which is different to what I thought a few months ago.
    I think Holmes will take over kicking responsibilities, Mozza will play full back & Heywood will go to the bench.

Don't want Judas back anymore. Looks like Foles has got a not to be fuc$ed with team ethic happening. Why even contemplate upsetting that?

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    And in breaking news, Nick Taylor tosses a coin......

C'mon the

vCash
    O'Connor to sign 3 year deal with the Seattle Seahawks. Hey look at me I'm a journalist!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Backs are gayer than HIV. You need lots of them in case one of them gets a skinned knee. based on last year and the small number of actual quality signings, he would walk straight in. With the lack of genuine speed and class at the Force, he should be a "must sign". The whole O'Connor thing is a media beat up. Aussies love to cut the poppies back to grass level. The bloke was forced overseas by a media witch hunt. A break will have done him the world of good and going to training in the subzero temperatures and the sleet and mud of rugby training in England will be making him a lot more appreciative of Perth. A season amongst world class players in a very tough rugby league in France will give him a big dose of harden up as well. The bloke is still really only a kid and we have all done far worse than he has been banished for. I agree he needs to commit for two years before he is signed but we need him. Our backs have been a joke for years. I have felt the pain and frustration of a very good forward pack who has rarely come second at the highest level of provincial rugby only to watch a handful of gimps from 9-15 miss tackles, fumble the ball, lose 10m in tackles, kick it away pointlessly, do nothing generally and lose us game after game. We need some class and nobody else wants him. We hold all the cards and if he has his heart set on a gold jersey, he will knuckle down and we will see the best out of him. He has burned a lot of bridges but the bloke has genuine ability and speed. We must get him.

regards
    Rex

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

vCash
    Nice to see, after a long spell, that you still have your head firmly up your arse. You have no fuggin idea.

Give yerself an uppercut!

Regards
    The Mungo.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    OK. Agree to disagree.

The hair badger will play his usual 3 games for the season juggling an identity crisis with his fringe. Dead set. O'Connor should be signed. A thrashing of the slowest samoans who have never met each other and had to play in 38 degree heat without any fitness training is hardly the basis for judging our backline. The Samoans were sweating like a gypsy with a mortgage. Morahan was a good signing. A few more is needed. Last year the defensive systems were very good by seasons end but we lacked genuine class, speed and skill in the backs. We are a few roos short of a backline.

Controversy corner

vCash
    Nice to see, after a long spell, that you still have your head firmly up your arse. You have no fuggin idea.

Give yerself an uppercut!

Regards
    The Mungo.
    It seems that Rex is required to add balance to the hysterionic misrepresentation of substandard Force backlin ability. If you think the Force backs are a quality unit, you need to get a new doctor. Your meds are not working old boy

Controversy corner

vCash
    See above. Ya fuckin gimp!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    Aussies love to cut the poppies back to grass level. The bloke was forced overseas by a media witch hunt.
    While, I believe that's true ARE YOU SERIOUS? The media witch hunt should have died down now, it did for Giteau, this hype/bullshit is being driven by his manager and the massive media unit of brand O'Connor.

The bloke is still really only a kid and we have all done far worse than he has been banished for.
    I've never been thrown out of an airport for being drunk and abusive

Our backs have been a joke for years. I have felt the pain and frustration of a very good forward pack who has rarely come second at the highest level of provincial rugby only to watch a handful of gimps from 9-15 miss tackles, fumble the ball, lose 10m in tackles, kick it away pointlessly, do nothing generally and lose us game after game.
    What about the years where he was one of those backs, did he pull our arses out of the fire? No, he played his usual, egocentric bullshit game. Since he was playing at outside back, getting the ball at every possible opportunity and refusing to pass was a recipe for dying with the ball 10 m back. We didn't do any better with him than without him.

He has burned a lot of bridges but the bloke has genuine ability and speed. We must get him.

regards
    Rex
    yes, he has ability and speed, unquestioned. His attitude sucks though. It's not like he has shown genuine contrition. I have seen no tearful apologies and, aside from still considering the western force
    He said nothing on twitter when his girlfriend called them tightarses
    He hasn't signed when they said that he would have to fix his attitude
    He's still dicking everybody in world rugby around with this constant media barrage

I say he's burnt too many bridges. Let him come back when somebody else has fixed his attitude

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast