Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Front row reinvented,all the skills

vCash

Thumbs up Front row reinvented,all the skills

Has anyone else noticed that since Knuckles has taken over the skills of the props and hookers has become more noticeable, as though the ability to run with the pill, or skillfully offload that sneaky one handed pass, is finally being encouraged under the new Wallabies Heirachy...It is great for the team, and will encourage more "Big Fellas" to get out there and have a go, to try new things.
    In my opinion, more work needs to be done clearing out at the breakdowns, but this is probably being addressed anyway (by knuckles).
    One more thing is the line out, Australia is definately improving in this area, and if we stuck with tai we will be on a winner. In some ways he is like Jeremy Paul, in that he is all over the field all the time, but one thing he does better, is that he can throw in straight, and accurate. Anyone notice JP`s first throw in Irish test went too long, whereas tai made one or two small errors all night.
    These are my opinions only, give me yours......8)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    [QUOTE=frontrow] In some ways he is like Jeremy Paul, QUOTE]

I belive that Tai's Great grandfather or grandfather changed his surname from Paul to McIssac so he could enlist for service whilst under age during the war. Both familes from Australias North East Island or New Zealands North Island if ya like. No family connection established as yet, but they also say it has not been looked into either....interesting.

The grapevine also tells me that Tai has been approaced by The Dolphins (local waterpolo club) to join and train. The follow on is that Coach Mitchell seems pretty keen to get all the players to form a Force team in thier off season.

vCash
    You have to be bloody fit to play water polo, so there might be some truth to your story, Innforcer.
    I`d like to know more about your "paul" story, and what your source is, and wether further investigation may be warranted, given the similar styles of play.......It just, well, it just seems a little too incredulous(i think that is the word i`m after).It`s like an episode of Ripleys, Believe it or not!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrow
    but one thing he does better, is that he can throw in straight, and accurate.
    Possibly this was developed through water polo as well, you have to have a very good arm (and throw) to play water polo.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    You have to be bloody fit to play water polo, so there might be some truth to your story, Innforcer.
    I`d like to know more about your "paul" story, and what your source is, and wether further investigation may be warranted, given the similar styles of play.......It just, well, it just seems a little too incredulous(i think that is the word i`m after).It`s like an episode of Ripleys, Believe it or not!!!!
    Here's his Force Player Profile which highlights his water polo....still working on the Paul bit...stay tuned

http://www.westernforce.com.au/wa/wa.rugby/page/30467

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Regarding Tai and his surname their was a feature story in the papers that i read last week.I cant remember which paper maybe the The Oz,but what the honurable member for OReillys said is on the money,ie they maybe are related backdown the track somewhere.

vCash
    Yeah, i remember watching inside rugby last week and brendon Cannon said something i think about the "Paul" thingo

Player
    vCash
    anyway boys gettin back onto the topic of the front row skills, yeah i have noticed a massive difference. Im gonna be honest though, as far as the scrums go i have no idea what makes a front rower technically good or bad but what i do know is that Blake and Holmes can run with the ball like some other fatter props cant!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I agree with everything you have said FrontRow - nice post by the way

Nothing drives me nuts more then our backs being penalised for not releasing the ball. And its not really their fault, they dont have the support. I think we get penalised in this area more then anyother team

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I tend to agree with you exile, in that we seem to get hit by penalties more than other teams, but we also have a tendancy in the backs to run AWAY from our support, rather than with it......
    And thanks for the remarks regarding this post, nice to know my view is appreciated. I reckon it(this thread) isn`t as popular as it could be due to the high number of backs (past and present) who visit the site. They just don`t appreciate all the effort the "engine room" put in. Discrimination i tell you....

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I tend to agree with you exile, in that we seem to get hit by penalties more than other teams, but we also have a tendancy in the backs to run AWAY from our support, rather than with it......
    Our outside backs - while brilliant runners of the ball have a tendency to believe that they can break tackles that they just can't or dont break therefore they get caught all by their lonesome with a couple of the opposition loose forwards standing over them ready to pilfer the pill.

When I was just a water boy running around the training paddock with a bump pad during team runs, the coaching staff were always yelling to the backs "good run, now cut back in to where your support is". If only our Wallaby backs can get past their delusions of grandeur we wouldnt get penalised as often as we did.

FrontRow - i think that these penalties that we are being hit with are correct - and its our own fault

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Agreed, no arguments there, and as you probably know, most backs dream of being the hero, to go with thier (apparently)good looks, or expensive haircuts, rather than getting in and getting dirty as those ugly slabs of meat up front do at every opportunity.....If they don`t head back towards thier support, or their pretty boy mates on the wings or centres or wherever don`t get in and do the cleaning out, well they are gonna get screwed every time..usually by one or two of the oppositions forwards seagulling in the backline waiting for this very thing to occur.
    Sure, it looks great when they break the line and score, but percentages show that this isn`t the norm lately, and therefore we should get back to basic rugby, which the basis is "Support The Ball Carrier at all costs"

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    .usually by one or two of the oppositions forwards seagulling in the backline waiting for this very thing to occur.
    I was taught to call it Labrador-ing - bludging on the blind

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    HAHAHA, i`ve been guilty of it myself, once or twice. Once i even scored a try while i labradouring, good memories

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Read Mark Ellas article in todays Weekend Os: Lazy backs need to counter.
    He nails it beautifully(so did you Frontrow)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast