Thread: Chris Robshaw re-appointed as England captain for upcoming Six Nations campaign

Senior Player
    vCash

Chris Robshaw re-appointed as England captain for upcoming Six Nations campaign

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/rug...-1226804644098

CHRIS Robshaw has been re-appointed England captain for the 2014 Six Nations Championship, the Rugby Football Union has announced.

The announcement came as little surprise given the flanker has led England in 19 out of their past 22 Tests, including coach Stuart Lancaster's first in charge against Scotland at Murrayfield in 2012.

Harlequins captain Robshaw has been absent from just three internationals during Lancaster's time as England coach, missing the third Test against South Africa in June 2012 through injury and then being rested for last year's tour of Argentina.

"Chris is in the team on merit as a player first and foremost but he has also shown himself to be an outstanding leader for Harlequins and England," Lancaster said in a RFU statement.

"He led us well during the QBE (end-of-year) Internationals and I have no doubt that, as he goes into his third RBS 6 Nations as captain, he will do likewise."

Robshaw, captain in 19 out of his 20 Tests, said: "Stuart rang me yesterday (Thursday) and, as with every time he has asked me, it is a great privilege. To lead your country is a massive honour but I am fortunate to have a group of players and leaders who support me in that.

"We want to kick on from the QBE Internationals (when England beat Australia and Argentina but lost to world champions New Zealand) and we can't wait for the challenge ahead, starting with a tough away match against France (on February 1)," the 27-year-old added.

England will look to go one better in this season's Six Nations after finishing the 2013 edition as runners-up to champions Wales.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Anyone catch the England v Ireland 6N game this weekend? Absolutely cracking game of rugby!! Loved it :-))

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Anyone catch the England v Ireland 6N game this weekend? Absolutely cracking game of rugby!! Loved it :-))
    Right on Alison. Was a good hard fought test match. Not many points, but full of action.

Both teams looked could have won & looked good. Pommy full back Mike Brown had an awesome game. Wales looked the goods against the French too. The WC group is gonna be tight.

I see Wales, Ireland, Frogs & Poms are all on 4 points after 3 games. 2 games to go. Should be a very close finish

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    The England v Wales game at Twickenham in a fortnight will be even more competitive than normal (if that's possible!). Hope it's as good as the Eng v Ire and Ire v Wal games were!! Love the 6N rivalries :-))

Last edited by Alison; 24-02-14 at 12:10. Reason: Wrong team!