Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Clerc scores twice to end Springboks' home run

vCash
    true, what about Russel to 10. and Paulse/Fortain to the wing. He's small though, don't know about his defence, and his speed would probably be better on the wing.

i like the idea of Percy to 10. I would probably do that and give Fortain a go at fullback.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Go NuTz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunmarn
    should be dropped:
    1. Eddie Andrews
    2. Wayne Julies
    It's pretty easy to blame Andrews. I heard the rest of the pack got just as owned as he did. But he's Black so I suppose it's fair game, so it Julies isn't he? Yeah get rid of them.

Sorry I should ad that the above response has been a pretty standard reaction to this lose (and not my opinion). So much so that the president has enquired if they can post-pone the 3N to sort out the unrest in regards to the "quota" system.

Sad really.

Last edited by Sagerian; 30-06-06 at 10:52.

vCash
    Habana is also injured, and Jake White might be jumping ship after the Tri-Nations to RFU!

Quota system rocks! We should have one for redheads - Gingers make up 5% of our population they should have at least 1 in the 22. I guess Rathbone is sort of a ginger so perhaps he's our quoto player for now. The other question is how much ginger does someone need? I think 1/8th would be fair, but that probably raises the ratio to 10%... perhaps we need another ginger..

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    Habana is also injured, and Jake White might be jumping ship after the Tri-Nations to RFU!

Quota system rocks! We should have one for redheads - Gingers make up 5% of our population they should have at least 1 in the 22. I guess Rathbone is sort of a ginger so perhaps he's our quoto player for now. The other question is how much ginger does someone need? I think 1/8th would be fair, but that probably raises the ratio to 10%... perhaps we need another ginger..
    This is really gunna throw the Scots figures way out, they're about 75% gingers, TEF sports a black do with silver highlights and his little bloke seems to have made the 75%

vCash
    Wait, Redheads haven't been oppressed and rediculed.. oh wait wait, they have red pubes right? Well then yeah, they've suffered enough.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr
    This is really gunna throw the Scots figures way out, they're about 75% gingers, TEF sports a black do with silver highlights and his little bloke seems to have made the 75%
    been there have you ?

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    No I haven't, redheads are not my preferance, but heard many a yarn from Scotch mates. Please don't shatter my uneducated illusions Happy, it's Friday arvo and beer o'clock is just around the corner where we can leave reality for the weekend.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian
    Wait, Redheads haven't been oppressed and rediculed.. oh wait wait, they have red pubes right? Well then yeah, they've suffered enough.
    Dont gingars have olfactory problems

vCash
    Imagine if John Connoly was told he had to play at least 5 black players in the side no matter what! Imgaine having to drop ltham because you had to play an "affirmitavie" just to make up the numbers!!! That is the problem in South African rugby; players get in without actually having the ability...

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunmarn
    Imagine if John Connoly was told he had to play at least 5 black players in the side no matter what! Imgaine having to drop ltham because you had to play an "affirmitavie" just to make up the numbers!!! That is the problem in South African rugby; players get in without actually having the ability...
    Yo Sharnmann,you must get the black and the Cape coloured populace playing rugby in Bokkeville. Cause that is the future for a strong South African team in years to to come.The sooner you guys bite the bullet the better.Then when you watch a game in SA(except Capetown/Durban), perhaps there might be a few more black/indian faces in the crowd.
    I think the soccer world cup in 2010 will not help the cause unfortunately, and the game is still seen as a predominately, white mans.
    Your the Rainbow nation.Build a bridge and get over it. Good luck

vCash
    We have tried many a time, starting in 1995 at the World Cup. It is just that building the rainbow nation does not mean you MUST have x amount of white, black or coloureds in your team. Each player should be picked on Merite; thus the best team possible should play week in and week out.

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I think that SA could make a great deal of progress if they had a "Blacks XV" like the Maori All Blacks who played against nations ranked say between 15 and 30.
    The blacks with Boks experience could go down when they played the teams between 15-20 and the rest of the fixtures would be made up with black players who showed potential for national selection.
    Then (and only for the Boks, not everywhere) abolish the quote for the Test team and make it merit based.
    I think the current system is unfair however, without giving them exposure we would not have seen the likes of Habana come into the game.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Burgs, this is a good idea; but re the whole Habana exposure thing, Habana made it into the team on pure merite, unlike Andrews, Julies etc who are there just to fill the numbers

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Possibly Shaun, as I don't remember the circumstances of him debuting, I guess more what I'm saying is that he wouldn't have had the opportunity to be selected on merit a few years back (pre-quota).
    He certainly MAINTAINS his position on merit but I don't recall him arriving as a ready made Test player and I'm sure there are other red necks who would pick him on the bench or not at all.
    To me he is certainly a Test player, perhaps a more borderline example would have been better.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3