Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Nedlands will establish a training base in Northern Suburbs

Rookie
    vCash
    I wasnt going to comment on this as it is so rediculous but there are a few things that are beginning to annoy me . Firstly there isnt a new club starting in the area which I am sure every club would support, its a city club that is so desperate its using the success of junior clubs in a completely different area to feed off their hard work.Secondly not sure why westie is so keen on the neddies coach quite sickly in fact.
    I thought when this info came out last year it was the sob story of a few dads in the under tens wanting their children to get an opportunity to play for the team their fore fathers had played for,now we are informed its all juniors but no colts , get real neddies do a few years hard work and increase your junior base in your area or is that too hard.
    I would love my children to play for the club my father played for but gurss what they cant so I will support the club I live by.
    Support your local club or travel to the club you played for,or good luck to you starting a new club which I would support whole heartedly.
    Having your cake and eating it springs to mind.
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Ex Pat again I will spell it out it's all about junior rugby and getting more kid's involved.It's not about you.Your comment about me and the Neddies coach show's how immature you are.You don't see me getting personal when I don't agree with people like Pieter but I respect rugby men like him having witnessed first hand the amount of hard work he put's into junior rugby.[I hate Neddies with a passion but you have to admit Bally does have a nice ass]

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Pat;368762.
    Support your local club or travel to the club you played for,or good luck to you starting a new club which I would support whole heartedly.
    Having your cake and eating it springs to mind.
    [size=1
    Posted via Mobile Device[/size]
    Just looked at your public profile and you listed your super 15 team as the Red's[How does that cake taste]Hypocrite

Last edited by westies man; 09-01-14 at 22:22. Reason: t
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Rookie
    vCash
    I am sorry westie but for the life of me I cant see how a club who moves a an acadamy to the area ,where junior rugby developement is strongest in the state can be applauded for thinking out of the box for rugby developement.if they were really interested they would use their existing juniors and their dads to help develope the game where its needed , in their own back yard.
    Desperate tines at Neddies and these are desperate actions.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Please excuse me if this post appears ignorant, but remember I am a mere official and have no allegiances to one particular club.

Does each club have its own "catchment area", from which they must find their talent? Back in the day I played for a club that was not the club closest to where I lived. In fact there were two clubs closer, but I chose to play with my mates. Could I not do that now?

Champion
    vCash
    Ex Pat - bang on the money.

If Neddies do not look to support their own members, or try to shore up a junior base - the club will die. Agreed, and so bleeding obvious.

It is a fact that for the past several years families have moved out of the inner city subburbs , average house price exceed that in Southern and Northern suburbs.

It is also a fact that the past several years - thanks to our booming eceonomy - the Northern Corridor has been the fastest growing region in Australia most of the 1000 people arriving into WA each week have gone north and most have come from Rugby cultures either internationally ( Saffa, Enzed, UK ) or nationally - (QLD and NSW) .

Junior numbers in the inner city have dropped and 4 clubs (Uni, Cott, Neddies and Soaks) all within 8kms of each other compete for juniors. Clearly unsustainable.

So, there are only 2 clubs in a region with hugely more potential, why not..for the good of rugby take advantage of this potential? If Wanneroo and Joondalup have the people, resources, grounds and pathway to cater for these numbers, then Neddies training base with public toilets will be shortlived. Competition breeds quality.

If you're saying we want a strictly regulated competition you breed incompetence like we have in all regulated industries in any country in the world.

I ask all clubs - "If you have a culture, structure, pathway and group of dedicated officers - WTF are you scared of? Why would any right minded, quality player want to leave a warm and cosy known entity for a new venture in a public park with one toilet?

vCash
    I previously had absolutely no affiliation with WAJRU, but i now distinctly feel a dislike towards Wanneroo after reading some of the comments on here.

vCash
    If clubs were businesses, this would be company expansion, good brand management and revenue generating ... so it's a good thing as to do. Clubs should take a much more business like approach to be successful & this is a pragmatic approach for a solution.

PowerHouse in Melbourne have the exact same arrangment, getting their name around the whole metro area in Victoria ... perhaps Neddies have simply copied the idea. No harm done, more kids playing rugby. And don't we need that ... unless the captain of the new under somethings decides to up sticks & move to France !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Ex Pat - bang on the money.

If Neddies do not look to support their own members, or try to shore up a junior base - the club will die. Agreed, and so bleeding obvious.

It is a fact that for the past several years families have moved out of the inner city subburbs , average house price exceed that in Southern and Northern suburbs.
    Maybe I'm out of the loop or missing something, but is it Nedlands aim to build up their juniors including U15, U18, U20 etc with the intention of them traveling all the way from the northern suburbs to the foreshore for their home games? I think this may work for 1 or 2 years, but in the long term kids plus parents aren't going to want to spend half their Saturday traveling halfway across Perth for their home games as well as their away games. If Nedlands want to rebuild their juniors they need to create a junior feeder club in the northern suburbs that trains AND plays in the northern suburbs. Having them training 45mins drive from their playing grounds is whack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    Nothing positive about this hansie and I can assure you that yes Nedlands have been in contact with Wanneroo but only after it was leaked last year that Nedlands is trying to pull a quick one with a training facility at Padbury. The then president of the Juniors wrote a letter the the WAJRU president Martin Becker to question this and to also express our disapproval of this. Then and only then and after it went public here on TWF did Nedlands contact Wanneroo Juniors. and by the way that was after it was denied by Nedlands.

The Letter that came out in December was not a letter requesting RugbyWA to support or help Nedlands to get this of the ground the letter as phantom states a "Nedlands will do this" and in many peoples eyes a deceleration of war from Nedlands.
    How much shit will Wanneroo be in if we declare that we will be forming an training facility (academy as it was called by Nedlands) in the city or somewhere or more North from Wanneroo or closer to rockingham where around 20 of our current players come from to accommodate these players that comes from afar.

You can imagine what is gonna happen if all clubs left right and center is allowed to form training centers away from their clubs. It will be a shit show.....

By ther way it is a great idea from Nedlands but only for Nedlands it is a bad Idea for any other club North of the river for that matter
    You forget that Wannero rugby club has moved at least 3 times in the last 30 - 35 years without ever attaining RugbyWA approval or any regard for what other clubs thought at the time.
    Wanneroo or any club that wants to set up a satelite facility will be encouraged to do so by RugbyWA because there are too many suburbs around Perth where Rugby is not currently available to junior participants.
    To cry blue murder about clubs providing rugby to more kids is rediculous especially from someone who believes themselves to be the be all and end all of junior rugby in WA like you proclaim more often than not. If yourself and other WAJRU commitee members are opposed to growing junior rugby at no cost to the governing body than maybe you should reconsider your position at WAJRU.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    You forget that Wannero rugby club has moved at least 3 times in the last 30 - 35 years without ever attaining RugbyWA approval or any regard for what other clubs thought at the time.
    Wanneroo or any club that wants to set up a satelite facility will be encouraged to do so by RugbyWA because there are too many suburbs around Perth where Rugby is not currently available to junior participants.
    To cry blue murder about clubs providing rugby to more kids is rediculous especially from someone who believes themselves to be the be all and end all of junior rugby in WA like you proclaim more often than not. If yourself and other WAJRU commitee members are opposed to growing junior rugby at no cost to the governing body than maybe you should reconsider your position at WAJRU.
    It's a moot point. It's not a workable solution to Nedlands problem. They will not be able to sustain junior rugby that trains 45 mins from it's home ground. Period. It doesn't take a Rocket Surgeon to figure that one out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    It's a moot point. It's not a workable solution to Nedlands problem. They will not be able to sustain junior rugby that trains 45 mins from it's home ground. Period. It doesn't take a Rocket Surgeon to figure that one out.
    45mins or 25mins?

I doubt we have many "Rocket Surgeon's" on here so please explain to us why it wouldn't work.
    Similar programs exist in Brisbane and work fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    45mins or 25mins?
    25mins? You're having a laugh. It would take you 25 minutes to get from the Foreshore to Subi. The traffic in Perth these days is horrendous, even on a Saturday.

why it wouldn't work.
    There are a number of reasons why it wouldn't work. Primarily the logistics of getting down to Nedlands, I would imagine parents and kids would soon tire of spending a couple of hours of their Saturday driving to their 'home' ground and back when there are clubs (Wanneroo & Joondalup) 2 minutes drive away. Additionally a lot of these kids are going to want to play with their mates who are probably playing for local clubs. And also a lot of kids are going to be disassociated with the suburb of Nedlands, they don't live there, they don't train there, they don't go to school there. For a lot of people, playing for their club is about being proud of where you come from, whether it's Kalamunda, Joondalup or Rockingham. How can kids have that with Nedlands? The only association they've got is their old man played for them and nostalgia is not going to be enough to build a successful junior program on.

Similar programs exist in Brisbane and work fine.
    Perhaps they do. But Brisbane isn't Perth. Perth has some of the worst traffic I've experienced and I've lived throughout Europe. It's not as bad as England, but there are times when it's not far off. And what happens in 10 years time when the kids are playing senior rugby, they're really going to travel all the way down from bum fuck Idaho to Nedlands twice a week to train...

Last edited by zed; 10-01-14 at 15:35.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    less than 15 minutes on a Saturday Wembley to Nedlands--been doing it for 30 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    less than 15 minutes on a Saturday Wembley to Nedlands--been doing it for 30 years
    Ok. And what happens when these kids leave school, get jobs, you expect them to be able to afford a place in Wembley working at Big W? They'll be lucky to be able to afford a shabby old rental in Clarkson. The aim is for Nedlands to produce a successful junior program with the intention that the juniors stay at Nedlands when they go on to play senior rugby. That won’t happen, even if it Nedlands were able to maintain junior teams over a period of time.

And just to reiterate - I don't have an issue with Nedlands and their NOR junior training plans. I just don't think it will work.

Last edited by zed; 10-01-14 at 15:51.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast