Last updated 10:20 27/11/2013

All Blacks hooker Andrew Hore has confirmed he is retiring from international rugby with immediate effect.

The 83-test veteran made his last appearance in the last-gasp win over Ireland on Monday morning (NZ time) and will now become a farmer.

Hore, who made his debut for the All Blacks in 2002, was without a Super Rugby contract for next year after his contract with the Highlanders wasn't renewed.

"I don't think I'll be playing in the All Black jersey again," he said on arrival back in Auckland from the end of season tour.

"I've had a good run. Hopefully I can get home and make a good fist of my next job which is going to be a farmer.

"I'll do that, hopefully if I do that as well as I've played rugby then I shouldn't be going too bad."

Despite some ups and downs over his time as a rugby player, the former Hurricane said he had no regrets over his career.

"You have your ups and downs and you've just got to flow with them but I think 10 years in the All Blacks makes you a better person by the time you come out the other end."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/a...cks-retirement

I guess that's the end of the Hore, Hooker and Thrush jokes as well