Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kurtley Beale caught out on the sauce

vCash

Kurtley Beale caught out on the sauce

If Ewen McKenzie thinks he has issues with his Wallabies, the news is not much better at home, where one of his star players Kurtley Beale is still on the booze.

This is the same player who is supposed to have checked himself into a clinic in May to deal with his alcohol issues. The same player who had a meeting with the ARU during the year after a breach of a written no-alcohol undertaking he had given to the ARU and the Rebels after he punched two Melbourne teammates in South Africa.

He had a few drinks the night he returned to rugby in the Rebels' match against the Chiefs.

He had also missed an appointment with the psychologist assisting in his treatment.

Advertisement

Well last Saturday night, some media types walked into the trendy Bondi spot The Bucket List and there was Kurtley, a long way into a drinking session.

Not a drama for an average player - but an issue for Beale, who is supposed to be dealing with the issue that is blocking his career.

"At just after 7pm Beale was there in the front bar area with his mates screaming and carrying on,'' my contact said.

''At one stage he was standing on chairs yahooing at the top of his lungs … not in an aggressive way but my crew found it both loud and intimidating and so we left. I don't know where that leaves 'my troubles are behind me rhetoric' and I'm not sure where his shoulder recon is at but he would have woken up with one sore head.''

Beale has always had an interesting view on his issues with drinking.

''I really don't think I have an alcohol problem but sometimes alcohol doesn't agree with me,'' he mused following one of his dramas.

'In a controlled environment, at a barbecue or at a restaurant, I'm fine … but at other times I make bad choices.''

It's up to the Waratahs now to work out whether last Saturday was a bad choice or not.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/kurtley-...#ixzz2lWy6V9kE

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Well if this is fact Kurtley will be off to England or France with JOC ARU must act in the same way with Kurtly as JOC

vCash
    Saw this earlier today.
    Tear up his contract and fuck him off
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    Well if this is fact Kurtley will be off to England or France with JOC ARU must act in the same way with Kurtly as JOC
    The ARU didn't send JOC to England; they just withdrew his Wallaby top-up so that he would have to survive only on his Super Rugby contract, advertising income, and whatever else he could pick up+. JOC decided that wasn't enough himself.

If it's true, the ARU should withdraw Beale's Wallaby top-up, although considering it was probably an integral part of the negotiations with the Waratahs this might get RUPA involved.

But considering this tour has shown we actually have quite a depth in the back three (especially if Speight gets added to the mix), and have QC, Toomua and Leili as potential 10s, then given Link's attitude to minor drinking issues++ Beale might have played his last Wallaby game for a while anyway!

(+ poor thing - I wouldn't mind surviving on that!)
    (++ No-one's said the Dublin 8 were causing trouble - only out late drinking)

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    The ARU didn't send JOC to England; they just withdrew his Wallaby top-up so that he would have to survive only on his Super Rugby contract, advertising income, and whatever else he could pick up+. JOC decided that wasn't enough himself.

If it's true, the ARU should withdraw Beale's Wallaby top-up, although considering it was probably an integral part of the negotiations with the Waratahs this might get RUPA involved.

But considering this tour has shown we actually have quite a depth in the back three (especially if Speight gets added to the mix), and have QC, Toomua and Leili as potential 10s, then given Link's attitude to minor drinking issues++ Beale might have played his last Wallaby game for a while anyway!

(+ poor thing - I wouldn't mind surviving on that!)
    (++ No-one's said the Dublin 8 were causing trouble - only out late drinking)
    what's interesting with JOC's contract being revoked is that he would have had to have been given 2 formal warnings prior - otherwise the RUPA would be going after the ARU for unfair dismissal.

for all the talk of no discipline, you've gotta wonder what JOC was given warnings for...

beale needs to be disposed of though. he is obviously uncaring about his future

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Saw this earlier today.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    They won't do that. He's a Waratah now.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Player
    vCash
    Saw this earlier today.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Not sure if Beale is not allowed to have a drink by the ARU. I think he put himself on a drinking ban middle last year. If he is not on a ban he did nothing wrong apart from it not being a good a look.

JOC were drunk at a public place behaving rudely 6 hours after a Wallaby game. The 6 Wallabies suspended this week went out midweek before a Test match. That's why action were taken against them and not to Beale.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Does it matter that publicly Beale put himself on the drinking ban? He punched team-mates. Surely the ARU would have accepted nothing less. While admittedly the punches did more damage, Henjak's contract was torn up for that.

I wouldn't count the current indiscretion as being that big a deal, but surely he would have to be on his last straw.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Does it matter that publicly Beale put himself on the drinking ban? He punched team-mates. Surely the ARU would have accepted nothing less. While admittedly the punches did more damage, Henjak's contract was torn up for that.

I wouldn't count the current indiscretion as being that big a deal, but surely he would have to be on his last straw.
    Agreed.
    Also like I said before, given the fact JOC's contract was torn up. He had to have been given written warnings. Did Beale get one in the end for the HJ's run? There's the assault charge as well as pinching delve. Bloke now has a pretty well documented history of A) bad choices B) alcohol related issues/violence and C) not being able to be trusted.

When is enough enough with Beale. You would have thought that after the 2nd rebels suspension in 7 weeks they would have sent him packing. But no. He has publicly said he's got a self imposed drinking ban. and it was also one of the things that he agreed to do for the rabble after he punched his freaken captain of all people.

Now you have him carrying on in the bar. When we have 6 players stood down from wallabies duties when from the reports were they didn't act up. Just got home late and had a Guinness.

The ARU has some serious blinders IMO and it's completely FUBAR
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    otherwise the RUPA would be going after the ARU for unfair dismissal.
    But, since they didnt utter a peep, surely they would need to insist that Kurtley's punishment be the same

(apart from the fact that Greg Harris is a Sydney boy and Kurtley's a Tah)

C'mon the

vCash
    When is enough enough with Beale. You would have thought that after the 2nd rebels suspension in 7 weeks they would have sent him packing. But no. He has publicly said he's got a self imposed drinking ban. and it was also one of the things that he agreed to do for the rabble after he punched his freaken captain of all people.

Now you have him carrying on in the bar. When we have 6 players stood down from wallabies duties when from the reports were they didn't act up. Just got home late and had a Guinness.

The ARU has some serious blinders IMO and it's completely FUBAR
    Posted via Mobile Device

Its cos he's aboriginal.

vCash

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolly Doolly View Post
    Its cos he's aboriginal.
    Ha ha. !!! You could be right...

vCash
    I figure all you white people are too scared to say it so thought id state the bleedin obvious.

vCash
    JOC's contract wasn't torn up, he was unsigned for 2014 and the ARU withdrew the contract which was on offer.. He had 3 months remaining on his 2013 contract but accepted an early release.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoolly Doolly View Post
    I figure all you white people are too scared to say it so thought id state the bleedin obvious.
    The thought was more along the lines of, hahaaa! I'm not falling for that one...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast