Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: STATEMENT FROM RUGBYWA: JAMES O’CONNOR

vCash
    He'd get murdered on a French club rugby field, that is one mighty tough comp.
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Game is on at 3am Monday morning WA time on Setanta.

Hmm...England v All Blacks on Nov 16.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    He'd get murdered on a French club rugby field, that is one mighty tough comp.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Oh, I dunno. Princess Git seems to be going OK. Say what you like about JOC ; but he's always been a tough luttle bastard on the paddock.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Does the London Irish deal have Scott Staniforth written all over it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Oh, I dunno. Princess Git seems to be going OK. Say what you like about JOC ; but he's always been a tough luttle bastard on the paddock.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Except he won't go near a ruck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    That's a bit unfair WRF I've seen him in effectively lying on the back of many a ruck using it as an excuse to avoid doing any real work like filling the line and making a tackle (to be fair it's probably been more poor technique than laziness)

C'mon the

vCash

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Does the London Irish deal have Scott Staniforth written all over it?
    Why do you say that TG?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    For everything I've read, heard and seen, I am of the opinion that a "conditional" deal has already been done for him to return to the Force in May 2014 "if" he has complied with the "conditions".

He would be eligible to get into our Super Rugby Squad if we had a season ending injury (which year have we not had that?), re-sign with the ARU and head off on Spring Tour in preparation for RWC 2015.

I don't think the ARU would put him back in a Super team with KB, so we are all he really has here.
    If he was coming back as injury replacement that would be okay, but say if we have worked our way towards being final contenders and he's "parachuted" in towards the end of the season - that would be shjt. But I don't think MF would that.

vCash
    I think the guy has more bottle than you give him credit for WRF.
    He will learn more about rucking no doubt as wlll most of the wallabies over the next few weeks. This whole episode might actually be a good thing for JOC, learning how the NH teams play may just open his eyes to another dimension of how the game is played.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    I agree that the England experience could be a good thing for him. Different perspective; smaller fish in a much bigger pond; and less opportunity to have his ego stroked!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I think the guy has more bottle than you give him credit for WRF.
    He will learn more about rucking no doubt as wlll most of the wallabies over the next few weeks. This whole episode might actually be a good thing for JOC, learning how the NH teams play may just open his eyes to another dimension of how the game is played.
    Maybe, but don't lose sight that he is only playing in the Premiership, not the Heineken Cup. I'd put the level at about the same as the ITM Championship (i.e not even the Cup). It'll be match fitness at a good level, but he ought to tear them to pieces.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF1964 View Post
    If he was coming back as injury replacement that would be okay, but say if we have worked our way towards being final contenders and he's "parachuted" in towards the end of the season - that would be shjt. But I don't think MF would that.
    I disagree, nothing would be better than to have him sit in the stands in a suit watching a bunch of our EPS boys playing finals footy. It would really bring him down to earth.....not that I don't think English rugby will do that. After seven motnths slogging away on those soggy pitches with his only redeeming quality being snappy feet he will either be a broken man, or have found some extra strings for his bow.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Maybe, but don't lose sight that he is only playing in the Premiership, not the Heineken Cup. I'd put the level at about the same as the ITM Championship (i.e not even the Cup). It'll be match fitness at a good level, but he ought to tear them to pieces.
    Erm, I believe you are either over estimating the ITM cup or underestimating the Aviva Premiership.

Most games are as tough as the Heineken Cup, especially among the top 6-8 teams, agree the lower teams may not be as competitive, but that's the same as the HC group stages.

The AP also has a very compact season, with a lot of games being played in a short time, plus the fact that he will play in the Amlin Challenge Cup (Which is the 2nd Tier European Comp).

He's going to learn about intensive training & conditioning, as well as how to play rugby in shit & cold conditions week in/week out (games are hardly ever called off). There will certainly be times during this stint with the Exiles where he will regret the move.

In essence, the standard is MUCH higher than the ITM cup and easily comparable to the Super Rugby Comp.

WARURA Referee
    I do it because I love the game.

Senior Player
    vCash
    I would very much like to see Saracens Harlequins Northampton Saints and The Leicester Tigers play the top 4 teams in the Super Rugby conference

I think you would be very surprised Leicester most of all they just have an embarrassment of talent at Welford road

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
    I would very much like to see Saracens Harlequins Northampton Saints and The Leicester Tigers play the top 4 teams in the Super Rugby conference

I think you would be very surprised Leicester most of all they just have an embarrassment of talent at Welford road
    I read somehwere that Leicester Tigers had 18 players out last weekend because of international duty and injury and still only just lost.
    Work that out

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast