Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bledisloe Cup: Five reasons why the Wallabies can win

vCash
    Second game this year ive seen AAC have a forgettable one, his defending out wide was desperate and panicked, he was caught several times with a huge overlap and didnt stick on his man.. smacks of a lack of trust in his inside defender. His try was a redeeming factor but to be fair all the work was already done for him. Thought Quade played well, Benny Mac had a huge game and so did Folau. overall ill give them a 7/10 and the AB's an 8/10.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Genia is a liability at the moment, probably the reason I didn't think Cooper had a good game.[/QUOTE]

I thought Cooper had a great game, threw some good passes, tackled well and kicked flawlessly which kept us in the game. He would have had more opportunities if the forwards didn't drop it or get turned over.

I think the second row is a big weakness at the moment. Shame we won't get to see Pyle, Neville or any other options on end of season tour just more of the same.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    Second game this year ive seen AAC have a forgettable one, his defending out wide was desperate and panicked, he was caught several times with a huge overlap and didnt stick on his man.. smacks of a lack of trust in his inside defender. His try was a redeeming factor but to be fair all the work was already done for him. Thought Quade played well, Benny Mac had a huge game and so did Folau. overall ill give them a 7/10 and the AB's an 8/10.
    I think aac's defence issues have more to do with the teams defence structures much the same reason JOC an Tomane were both caught out in previous games.

We are so bunch up in the first and second channel it not funny hence we are so thin on the outside and a good team like the AB's will be all to happy to exploit it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    I think aac's defence issues have more to do with the teams defence structures much the same reason JOC an Tomane were both caught out in previous games.

We are so bunch up in the first and second channel it not funny hence we are so thin on the outside and a good team like the AB's will be all to happy to exploit it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    You've got it there Gaffa it's that old cliche "you could throw a handkerchief over the team"
    When will they learn or a coach tell them? The AB'S can see it and go wide and end up with a three on f'ing zero! And it wasn't just once.
    If we get two wins on tour it'll be a bloody miracle.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Tactically, the Wallabies need to dump this strategy of dropping the ball. I've yet to see it bring us any success.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    The reason we are caught lacking out wide is that Cooper is never where he suppose to be he is always to far back and as I see it we play with 2 full backs only reason he made great tackles is because he is out of position.. I watch the rest of the worlds 10 they kick and chase they pass and follow up they sprint out of the line and take their man QC is a liability in these areas and it does not give the other the chance to man up so it makes them look bad. Dump the reds 2nd rowers Benny Mac was the best jumper on the day ( yes Simmons stole a good AB line out )

Hooper for John Eales Medal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    I thought Cooper had a great game, threw some good passes, tackled well and kicked flawlessly which kept us in the game. He would have had more opportunities if the forwards didn't drop it or get turned over.

I think the second row is a big weakness at the moment. Shame we won't get to see Pyle, Neville or any other options on end of season tour just more of the same.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I thought Quade played well with what he was given, but at his best quade is an enigma. at least in attack anyway. last night he was a good servicable flyhalf who had a great game. genia has broken the very reason quade is in the team by drawing defenders to him, rather than giving him space to work
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Falou caught out once again at full back on defense. Yes, he made a couple of nice attacking runs but I am starting to get pretty sick of defenders having to cover for his poor reading of the play. How does he not provide any cover at all?

At least twice Dagg was able to come into the line on attack and Izzy was so far off he was not even able to get close. It is no wonder our wingers are getting caught out so often.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    I thought the Wallabies played as good as I've seen them play for a long time.The big difference being the physicality at the breakdown,they were quite passive in this area but that's just a top two inch thing that can be easily fixed.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    The reason we are caught lacking out wide is that Cooper is never where he suppose to be he is always to far back and as I see it we play with 2 full backs only reason he made great tackles is because he is out of position.. I watch the rest of the worlds 10 they kick and chase they pass and follow up they sprint out of the line and take their man QC is a liability in these areas and it does not give the other the chance to man up so it makes them look bad.
    LOL... Quade hasn't been at fullback, he was in the 10 channel on every single of the AB's tries they made from overlaps...

Overlaps been the key word.. As for his try saving tackle on Messam, he was in the 10 channel spotted the overlap and ran over to make the tackle.. Once again he wasn't at fullback.. Watch the game again
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 20-10-13 at 17:42. Reason: quotes

vCash
    Tocc is right quade has come leaps and bounds in defence, he made a couple of great cover defence tackles when his outside men we're nowhere to be seen. Folau was lazy in moving across to cover overlaps and aac was found out wide covering for the wingers that had gone looking for the ball
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Hooper isn't the shadow of a good flanker, when's big Dave coming back?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    I thought the Wallabies played as good as I've seen them play for a long time.The big difference being the physicality at the breakdown,they were quite passive in this area but that's just a top two inch thing that can be easily fixed.
    No Fardy at the breakdown doing the hard yards keeping them honest. Pocock a straight up walk into the team to solidify the breakdown and contest/pressure opposition ball. Hooper is awesome and destructive in attack but sorry until the wallabies have a massive 8 and hard working locks hooper is to small.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    He's like a pup out there, Dave is the big dog.
    Posted via Mobile Device

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    He's like a pup out there, Dave is the big dog.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Completely agree. It's funny that Hooper is probably the best we have consistently. He's everywhere on the field but I'd still have Pocock back tomorrow.

coz Stone Cold says so

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast