Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MANU ADDS TO INCREASING PHYSICAL FORCE

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

MANU ADDS TO INCREASING PHYSICAL FORCE

EMIRATES WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Thursday, 5 September 2013

The Emirates Western Force’s focus on assembling an increasingly physical forward pack for the 2014 Super Rugby season has continued with the re-signing of powerful prop Salesi Manu.

Manu will add to a Western Australian forward pack already featuring increased size and physicality in 2014, with the recruitment of Bulls lock Wilhelm Steenkamp and Western Province prop Chris Heiberg. The team has also retained Matt Hodgson, Hugh McMeniman, Ben McCalman, Heath Tessmann, Tetera Faulkner and Sam Wykes, who all re-signed with the Force this season.

Head Coach Michael Foley says he’s pleased to have the young front-rower continuing his development with the Emirates Western Force.

“Salesi is part of a group of players who have worked extremely hard over the last seven weeks during our off-season development phase,” he said.

“He has shown he has the ability to achieve at this level and beyond, and is determined to challenge the props currently ahead of him.”

Manu, 22, graduates to a full contract after two seasons as a member of the Force’s Extended Playing Squad.

The former Australian Schoolboys and Under 20’s representative made his Super Rugby debut for the Force last year against the Stormers in Perth. He played eight matches in his debut season, including holding down the starting tighthead role against Test representatives Ben Alexander (Brumbies), Tony Woodcock (Blues) and Ben Franks (Crusaders) in the final three matches of the season.

“I’ve loved being a part of the Force for the past two years,” Manu said. “I’ve seen a massive improvement in my rugby knowledge and physical development and I’m looking forward to that continuing.

“I’ve been really lucky with the quality of coaches I’ve had working with me over the past two years. They’ve taught me a lot about set piece as well as my general play.

“I’ve been very grateful for the opportunities I’ve been given to play Super Rugby over the past two years. At the moment, having recently had my ankle done, I just want to concentrate on the pre-season, attack that and everything else will take care of itself.”

Name: Salesi Manu
    Born: 26/09/1990, Sydney
    Position: Prop
    Height: 185cm
    Weight: 122kg
    Super Rugby caps: 9
    Super Rugby points: 0
    Super Rugby debut: 2012 v Stormers, Perth
    Representative Rugby: 2012-2013 Emirates Western Force, 2012 North Harbour (ITM Cup), 2011 Australian Under 20, 2008 Australian Schoolboys

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Very excited - Very happy!!!!

Senior Player
    vCash
    That is good news really do like him

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Awesome. The kid is set to be a behemoth.

coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    Great news, great to see the kid upgraded to a full contract.

Seems to be a hard grafter with a good attitude.

Well deserved.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Good for Paly too I assume.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    After the booing debacle at semifinal time down at Success I'm hearing Paly are going to be blacklisted by Force players

Last edited by westies man; 05-09-13 at 16:04. Reason: s
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    You sure it was just Paly supporters booing!

That debacle was caused by RugbyWA, and the jeering came from all sections except Wests supporters.

Champion
    vCash
    out of respect purely because of your avator will I refrain from the obvious

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash

Great to see us holding on to talent.

vCash
    keep local club comments in the local club comments section please, its bad enough having to read all the wingeing there without it filtering over into this area of the site thanks...

great news to have Salesi re-sign!!

Apprentice
    vCash

Lightbulb Salesi

Guys, Again for the 100th time, we're not concerned about EWF players playing, as long as they go through the right channels. Salesi Manu and Will Tupou played thier qualifying amount of games for Pally as did Jayden Haywood for Wests.
    Pally had there EWF chances, but both Manu and Tupou had season ending injuiries, so that was Pally's lot. Haywood made it to the semi's and nobody complained. It was the paratroopers that stuffed it all up. Please stop contorting the rules to suit your situation.

vCash
    Pretty touchy spy. Us western force fans get savaged any time we try to make a comment on the clubland side of the fence but when a thread praising a good young prop for re-signing is hijacked with yet another discussion about force players in the final you get precious?

Anyway back to topic, Salesi is a great pick up, well deserving of a full contract.

C'mon the

Prospect
    vCash
    Gigs, Hats off to Salesi, But if you guy's can only see the grass on the WF side of the fence then you'll never see local talent run on to NIB Stadium.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    As Gigs says, it's not the only grass we can see but we've been told to stay well off the rest...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast