Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Grand Final Results.

Rookie
    vCash
    Thank you for responding Sprogrugby. Not sure if you referee at a higher or lower level than Rugbyref but he doesn't seem to want to answer what seemed to be reasonable questions.

It is interesting that you don't agree with parachuting referees in for the finals in place of local referees.

Its also interesting that a few referees seem to agree with professional players who are aligned with Sydney clubs being parachuted into finals to displace local players.

Both scenarios could be argued would improve the standard of the finals games but both seem inequitable to me and I gather quite a few others attached to local clubs.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Better controlled game ,better rugby less frustrated players win win situation.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
    Its also interesting that a few referees seem to agree with professional players who are aligned with Sydney clubs being parachuted into finals to displace local players.

Both scenarios could be argued would improve the standard of the finals games but both seem inequitable to me and I gather quite a few others attached to local clubs.
    I'm sure RR won't mind me saying I've reffed a larger number of higher grade games than him here in Perth, but that's not to say he hasn't elsewhere.

I'm more concerned with the longer term development of the comp and community rugby, rather than quality of a specific one-off game. If a EWF player has at the beginning of a season registered / aligned with a Perth club and attempted to play some role (not always playing), then I'd be more satisifed come finals if he's playing. I think we should take the bigger view than parachuting a player / ref in for a single / final game. But of course some will exploit loopholes to overcome that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8