Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Crowd Participation

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

Crowd Participation

A little while ago a couple of the members received emails inviting them to be a part of "Fan Forums" to talk about what RugbyWA do on Game days to make things better.

Sadly I never got an invite.

But I had some ideas

I dont get to go to a lot of game days, funnily enough. But I do get to watch all of them via Foxtel.

I think there are some areas that could do with improvement.

Music - At times the person who looks after the ground PA seems to play songs that are either supposed to match what is happening on the field or bring some jocularity to what is happening on the field. Personally I dont think its working.

Here are some songs that invite crowd participation that I think could work very well.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veHQMaxiOmg"]Jump Around - Wisconsin vs Nebraska - Full HD - YouTube[/ame]

Or this

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J_P7o10EBk"]Virginia Tech Enter Sandman Entrance - YouTube[/ame]

Or - for the old at heart - Personally I think this one could work very well,

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LECLs3gcf8"]Sweet Caroline - University of Pittsburgh (Virginia Tech Upset) - YouTube[/ame]

At Half Time - I think that we should get some Under 10's playing Rugby rather then what they have at the moment.

Just some thoughts.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Player
    vCash
    Completely agree on the kids for half time entertainment. We always enjoy watching and supporting them when they come on.

It's not going to happen but it would be nice to see foxtel spend a couple of minutes showing the kids playing, or at least have them in the background while doing their half time gab fest. Great promotion of our young talent.

vCash
    Half time is for going to the bar to get what NiB claims is beer and a chicken roll

vCash
    I went to the Forum and unfortunately over 3 weeks only about a handful of supporters turned up which was very disappointing . Colin Richardson - The Brand Manager - gave up his time to try and get something going and unfortunately it turned to be a fizzer..

Senior Player
    vCash
    We need a team song of sorts that can be belted out in the lead up around the ground that the force supporters will get behind and create an atmosphere.

Just my view as I experienced that in England at Saracens and it was magic

Anyone got any thoughts on what would make a great 'Western Force' song?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post

Here are some songs that invite crowd participation that I think could work very well.
    Ill assume youve never been to a college football game, and just say this:

while I agree, more crowd participation would be great...
    There is one simple honest fact that nearly every person in those videos is hopped up on home made punch, crown royal shots and tallboy beers. All relating to Tailgating. pictured below.

while, Im not suggesting people dont get lagered up at the rugby, but theres a large difference to a carpark full of united fans, sharing bbq's and throwing around footballs, vs. three or four guys struggling to get served at the bar of the Brisbane, amidst a sea of other force fans also struggling for the same bar space.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    I went to the Forum and unfortunately over 3 weeks only about a handful of supporters turned up which was very disappointing . Colin Richardson - The Brand Manager - gave up his time to try and get something going and unfortunately it turned to be a fizzer..
    none of the members I know (including myself) received invites.
    the force admin are a little unorganised at times, and possibly a lack of invites being sent out would result in a dud-turn up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Half time is for going to the bar to get what NiB claims is beer and a chicken roll
    and the urinal queue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLE BOOG View Post
    none of the members I know (including myself) received invites.
    the force admin are a little unorganised at times, and possibly a lack of invites being sent out would result in a dud-turn up?
    I went to one last year but from memory I didn't receive an invite for that one either, I just heard about it on TWF. And I missed the follow-up one completely because they scheduled it on the same night that Roxette was playing next door and I couldn't even get into the complex.

vCash
    true, I suppose I could have dug in and found out the dates, times and if I was allowed to just turn up... but to be honest, I wondered if us 'shed dwellers' werent invited for a reason! haha.

vCash
    and the urinal queue.
    I take off 5 mins before half time to beat the crowd and (usually) because I'm sick of watching the Force shoot themselves in the foot

Last edited by jargan83; 27-08-13 at 09:36.

vCash
    Ill assume youve never been to a college football game, and just say this:

while I agree, more crowd participation would be great...
    There is one simple honest fact that nearly every person in those videos is hopped up on home made punch, crown royal shots and tallboy beers. All relating to Tailgating. pictured below.

while, Im not suggesting people dont get lagered up at the rugby, but theres a large difference to a carpark full of united fans, sharing bbq's and throwing around footballs, vs. three or four guys struggling to get served at the bar of the Brisbane, amidst a sea of other force fans also struggling for the same bar space.

If tailgating was legal in australia it would be awesome!
    Too many dickheads would get too drunk though
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Have never received an invite either - maybe this is why no one is turning up! Have emailed the club a couple of times re contact details but never received a reply, so assume I'm not wanted!

Senior Player Contributor DarthMoose's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Initially yes, there would be those that would go all out, but I think pretty quickly the novelty would wear off and all would return to normal.
    Much the same if they served full strength beer at the game or allowed street drinking in WA. There are always going to be the small minority that drinks too much and no amount of restrictions will stop that. In some part I think it makes these people go overboard more because they jam in the beers hastily before the game rather than have them over the 2 hrs of game time, which they probably would do if given the option. Sure they may drink more but it would be over time, and hopefully create less of a problem (AND make more money for nib/RugbyWA/Force).
    Then the rest of us could also quietly enjoy a real beer or two with the game as well, instead of the watered down swill we currently endure...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I actually disagree a little with Moose... I think that there-in lies the problem. we all beg for fullstrength beer and tailgating, but the attitude is soooo different here vs the states. while American kids still get plastered and act like morons, they honestly tend to be a lot more chilled in their drunken states... maybe its because every second person has a six shooter and will shut down any ambitious drunk kids in a second! haha. But Aussies (and our foreign populous) would take it to extremes most times, and not be very dignified about it, and Im including my bunch of friends in that assumption. Just look at events like festivals, spring in the valley, St pats shut down in northbridge, skyworks... its just proven historically that we have no self control on such occasions.

plus, theres no OHS concerns from venues and such in the states.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast