Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Nedlands Juniors to run from Northend Suburbs

Champion
    vCash
    Think its a great idea if you see the growth of the game by junior numbers in the area.i would ask my boy what he wants to do as nedlands with the traffic is too far to go and i know of a lot of x players of neddies have kids playing at joondalup and wanneroo.great to see the club thinking outside the box .

I think you are missing the point here. It's not growing the game. The growth is already there and being looked after by Wanneroo and Joondalup. This is another club setting up an "academy" to poach the best players that those two clubs have spent a long time coaching and nurturing.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    I do a mean line in cross words though.
    Very good Fulvio. Very good.
    Try this: "This will turn into a scrambled fight" Four letters.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Wholetruth, do you think there's room for two paranoiacs on this site?

I was here first.

vCash
    To scramble "this" and be related to "fight" must be "hits" or "shit".

I pick the latter.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Stadh looking at your location post and it's Padbury ,that you Bally
    Smithy my boy playing at wanneroo
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    Ah Fulvio, you're too good for me.
    Perhaps pyromaniac would have been a better tag on this occasion because this fire certainly needed starting.
    I can't believe that Nedlands think they can do this - if the rumours are true of course.
    There seems to be a dark silence from anyone at Nedlands out there.

vCash
    I prefer to call them "controlled burns".

vCash
    I can't imagine there would be much in the way of player loyalty with Nedlands Juniors based in the Northern Suburbs when they move up to the senior grades. 10 years ago you could live in Balga by the sea (Clarkson) and drive to training in Nedlands in 30mins, what would they take now in rush hour?

Champion
    vCash
    If Wanneroo and Joondalup feel threatened, then get with Neddies and work something out.

There is no intention to poach loyal juniors from existing clubs that cater for and look after their juniors very well. The intent is to provide a second location closer to the base of many of Neddies Juniors who live up there.

Since Nostrafulvio is predicting a demise for Neddies, why not let it happen - it would be exactly what he would want.

If you are saying Neddies have to stay at the foreshore and cannot ever consider setting up another base - it's not going to happen.

If you're saying Neddies should pack up and move from the foreshore after spending 100's of 1000's on a new club house and with many years to go on the current lease - again you have rocks in your head.

If Wanneroo Juniors and Joondalup Juniors are happy at heir respective clubs - why would they defect to Neddies?

vCash
    Gus Martin has already approached 2 talented Joondalup players, Tristan Schneider and Liam Husband....he has used his state coach database and contacted both players. Both are state schoolboys players and crucial to the clubs u20's program and future growth.

Together Strong, we play it hard. We'll make you earn every yard.
    We'll never quit, lay down or die. So bring it on and watch us fly.
    We Are The Brothers!

Senior Player
    vCash
    I was talking to a dad this morning whose son plays for Neddie's under 10's and he was saying that they played on a half sized field all season. I know that the under 10's at Pally have played on a full sized field all season.

What the hell is going on across junior rugby in this state? Why aren't all the kids playing to the same rules and conditions?

Champion
    vCash
    Hansie
    Both Wanneroo and Joondalup, already have if not established but planned academy's so why should another club (and Wests is not that far down the road) want to move in, if not to grab from the good work that has already happened to help with their own survival.
    If Wanneroo and Joondalup feel threatened, then get with Neddies and work something out.
    To do what? Pass on the juniors they have looked after for several seasons to Nedlands.
    There is no intention to poach loyal juniors from existing clubs that cater for and look after their juniors very well. The intent is to provide a second location closer to the base of many of Neddies Juniors who live up there.
    Oh dear Hansie. Who are you trying to convince? Closer to a Nedlands base. About 20kms up the coast is hardly a seond location closer to the Foreshore.
    If you are saying Neddies have to stay at the foreshore and cannot ever consider setting up another base - it's not going to happen
    Perhaps they should look closer to home to start with or have listened to one of their own who suggested moving from the Foreshore some years ago, just like Wests have and look how they are about to prosper.

Last edited by wholetruth; 25-08-13 at 17:33.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Lets not kid ourselves this is about juniors, it is about ensuring the longevity of the seniors and the club in general, and in direct conflict with Wests following their recent moves
    Besides wouldn't such a proposal need the approval of the junior union (whatever they call themselves these days)?

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
    I was talking to a dad this morning whose son plays for Neddie's under 10's and he was saying that they played on a half sized field all season. I know that the under 10's at Pally have played on a full sized field all season.

What the hell is going on across junior rugby in this state? Why aren't all the kids playing to the same rules and conditions?
    Space is tight at Brittannia where the junior Central Zone teams play so they play on a smaller field than those in the northern zone and the southern zone - which is the zone Palmyra play in. This age group play full field minus a metre - quite often both teams agree to play full field to open it up a bit for the kids.

Player
    vCash
    Another quality decision brought to you buy RugbyWa

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast