Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Nedlands Juniors to run from Northend Suburbs

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tball View Post
    just all settle down no ground has been confirmed padbury is being floated cause its easier for me that's all.talked to liam and trying to talk to wanneroo prez and after i have had a sit down with them i will put something together for rugbywa and then and only then will any decisions will be made stop with all the bullshit and speculation.no more questions cause i have no more answers
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Pat View Post
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I knew you were involved in senior rugby just wondered if you were involved in juniors ,nothing untoward meant by that .Good luck at the weekend
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    My kids play at Wests and will never play for another as long as my arse point's to the ground.All Bally is doing is trying to ensure that his boy can play in a Neddies jersey his whole life like his father and grandfather did.I applaud Bally and hope it works out.To all the doomsayers what the hell is wrong with another rugby club option if it means a couple of clubs lose a few players so what.We had about 50 kids register this season who had never played before and I'm sure the same would happen at Neddies new juniors ground.Any truth to the rumour Bally that your old man is a closet Wests supporter

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    I went looking for you after the game on Sat. Westie. As I said to haysie, you, pugs 'n plims gotta be congratulated. Making the move and getting so many teams into the finals = awesome.

Champion
    vCash
    Paul Connelly the president was a major driving force behind the move and absolutely works his guts out so any accolades need to be directed his way.Best move we could have made

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash

In the whole scheme of things, is it such a bad idea?

About 12 months ago I was reading about Wests moving to Scarborough and thought that there was still a huge geographical gap between Wests & Joondalup, with Wanneroo over to the east. If a club was going to set up anywhere, I thought around Hillarys would be a good spot. Thus Padbury isn't a bad idea.
    Being involved with Joondalup U10s, I don't particularly fear an exodus of players to a new Neddies team any more than losing them to Wanneroo or North Coast. That said, Joondalup U10s had 55 registered players squeezed into 3 teams this season & Wanneroo had about 37 into two teams. This results in less game time for all players.
    Quite rightly Joondalup & Wanneroo will never turn players away. But if Neddies set up in Padbury, it might take some of the pressure of trying to fit too many players into too few squads. In Cardiff there are 17 clubs with full junior sections and it has the same population as the shire of Joondalup (around 400,000). In Joondalup, there is one club.
    Just ask yourself, if this was a new independent venture called Padbury RFC, I'm guessing we'd all be welcoming it as a rugby community and backing the expansion of our game across the Metro area.
    If West Perth AFL team can become the Joondalup Falcons, then I don't have a problem with Neddies Juniors being based at Padlands.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Padbury is the same distance now to the Foreshore as it will be in 5 years and 10 years time. Nothings going to change. Nedlands have every right to develop a junior training base elsewhere as it is dying the death of a thousand cuts where it is now.

The resources and cost of doing this will not be insignificant if it is to be done properly and a logistical nightmare for coaches, parents and administrators. If the junior competition goes to a Home and Away format eventually (tied to the senior club) then this will make life more difficult for parents transporting kids around (not all parents are rugby heads who will travel 50kms for a game).

Boys will always want to play what their mates are playing and where their mates are playing so assuming that the lads training at Padbury are most likely to attend school in that area then logic and experience would suggest that if they continue playing rugby through their teens they will err towards Wanneroo and Joondalup and particularly at the point where some Neddies administrator tells them that from now on they will need to train at the Foreshore.

Is this the beginning of a reversal of fortunes where Nedlands develops the juniors to a point only to have another club swoop ? Its an outrage!

I for one hope that Padbury United RFC gets up and running and soon.

Last edited by RumourMonger; 27-08-13 at 10:47.

vCash
    Wondering if you would have been singing the same song if the proposal was to move to Pally's door step
    Posted via Mobile Device

Senior Player
    vCash
    Think it through Force Guy, Wanneroo will be a winner here.

Wherever Nedlands junior training ground is to go will result in the same result, ie the nearest senior club will benefit. My advice to Wanneroo would be keep those torpedoes in their tubes for the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theforceguy View Post
    Wondering if you would have been singing the same song if the proposal was to move to Pally's door step
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I think RM was actually saying it's something Wanneroo could benefit from.

Prospect
    vCash
    Padbury Panthers has a nice ring to it!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Perhaps just bite the bullet and call them the "Roo Dog Pups" from the outset.

Save the admin down the track!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    There is no way that this could be beneficial for Wanneroo or Joondalup for that matter.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    Think it through Force Guy, Wanneroo will be a winner here.

Wherever Nedlands junior training ground is to go will result in the same result, ie the nearest senior club will benefit. My advice to Wanneroo would be keep those torpedoes in their tubes for the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theforceguy View Post
    There is no way that this could be beneficial for Wanneroo or Joondalup for that matter.
    Theforceguy is correct
    Open your eyes guys, this is the start of Nedlands relocating. Nedlands on the forshore is doomed there is no long term future for them there and they have realised it. Mark my words they will use Padbury as a training ground first and then in a few years they will relocate out of Nedlands with seniors in tow, The current Nedlands cub house can easily be sold of to a yacht club or restaurant owner.

Why don't all the city clubs with struggling junior numbers join forces. Nedlands does not have juniors Cottesloe does not have juniors Uni is struggling for juniors Why dont they all go sit around a table and sort there shit out. No they would rather come and stick there claws into a successful Junior club in the northern suburbs.

A few years ago Wanneroo proposed to RugbyWA to form a feeder club just north of Padbury and this was denied on the basis that there are enough clubs in the area - North Coast was then formed to support the far northern suburbs. The gossip is that Wanneroo will fight this with everything they have.

Senior Player
    vCash
    [QUOTE=phantom;361861]Theforceguy is correct. Not sure about that.

Why don't all the city clubs with struggling junior numbers join forces. Nedlands does not have juniors Cottesloe does not have juniors Uni is struggling for juniors Why dont they all go sit around a table and sort there shit out. They could call it Western Suburbs!

QUOTE]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast