Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hansen and Savea: 'Stop booing Quade'

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Hansen and Savea: 'Stop booing Quade'

TOBY ROBSON

Last updated 15:17
    20/08/2013

All Blacks coach Steve Hansen and wing Julian Savea have renewed calls for rugby fans to stop booing Wallabies first five-eighth Quade Cooper.

New Zealand fans have been giving Cooper a hard time all season and that continued during the opening Bledisloe Cup match in Sydney on Saturday.

The Reds pivot has been enemy No 1 for many Kiwi fans since taking several cheap shots against All Blacks skipper Richie McCaw in 2010 and 2011.

Hansen understands where the sentiment comes from, but believes the time has come for all concerned to move on.

''Two things, firstly we are probably all over it. Secondly, he probably brought it all on himself,'' Hansen said today.

''I don't boo him and I'll continue not to boo him. I think he's a good player and not a bad bloke either when you have a quiet chat to him.

''But it probably would be good if we all got over it.''

Savea had a similar view and urged Wellingtonians not to continue the trend on Saturday.

''Nah, it's not [good]. If someone was booing me all the time I know it would be pretty tough. I don't know what else to say on that, but I guess it's tough on [him].''

Asked what he'd say to Wellington fans Savea said: ''Just enjoy the game and be good spectators I guess.''

The pair's comments echo those of Wallabies openside Michael Hooper who labelled the crowds actions in Sydney as ''unreasonable'' and ''below the belt''.

All Black fullback Israel Dagg has previously also said publicly he is not comfortable with New Zealand fans booing Cooper, who has come back into the Wallabies set up under new coach Ewen McKenzie.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/i...p-booing-Quade

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    So the Kiwi coach doesn't boo an opposition player. Very sporting of him. But nevertheless he has a large chip on his shoulder with Australian Rugby . He exhibits often enough.
    Expect more of the same. Plus plenty of on-field sledging as well.

Got to admit that he's on the money about QC bringing it on himself.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Yeah Quade bought it on himself, but if Aussie crowds acted like that towards an opposition player there would be significant backlash from within the crowd itself against those booing him.

You can see it on this site, Aussie rugby has a strong element of Anti-boo gentlemanly spectators who are offended by this crap......that simply doesn't happen in New Zealand, as a matter of fact boorish behaviour is celebrated by their rugby crowds (been to Hamilton lately?)

It won't change, because the element of the crowd booing him are the bogans who only seem to come out of the woodwork when a NZ team is likely to win something and then only to jeer at the opposition and tell them they're shut because they watch a shut rugby team.....we even experienced it after beating the Crusaders this year!

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    I don't mind hearing the 'Booing' just wish Quade could use it as a spur to play better and help secure the wins required to get the Bledisloe back this side of the ditch.

Do that son then stand in the middle of the field drinking out of the cup and direct the crowd like a conductor would the orchestra

vCash
    Your living in dream world, how often does Richie get booed by Australian crowds....every game.

At least NZ bogans have plenty to cheer about.

Aussie rugby supporters, bogans or not, have SFA to cheer about.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRichie View Post

Well we did win two Rugby World Cups before you did, and we scored tries in both, yes both our Rugby World Cup victories, and we won them away from home, now there's something to cheer about, and before you go on about that being history and living in the past, last Saturday is now confined to history as well

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Player
    vCash
    Do remember the kiwi's getting all upset about a chant of Hadley's a Wanker at the cricket

vCash
    to be honest i dont see any difference between what quade did and what mcaw does in every ruck he possibly can - at the end of the day it's against the spirit of the game IMO.

the Kiwis are just that bloody precious about wee Richie it's pretty pathetic.

do you see the entire of australia hating on etzebeth because he headbutted sharpie? no..
    did the kiwis hate brendan cannon after he smacked kevvie in the face? no (that could be because kevvie gave it right back though...)
    the kiwis dont even boo the french as much as they boo quade - and their eye gouging in the final was downright f**king dangerous...

just them being precious, and the added fact quade plays for Australia.
    time for them to build a bridge - just NOT to mainland Australia

vCash
    how often does Richie get booed by Australian crowds....every game.

I've barely ever heard Richie McCaw getting booed every time he touches the ball. And Quade brought it upon himself.

Last edited by chibi; 20-08-13 at 16:38.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    hell they can have tasmania if it makes them feel any better!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    I've barely ever heard Richie McCaw getting booed every time he touches the ball.
    That's not very sporting of you! You're trying to cloud the argument with facts.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Your living in dream world, how often does Richie get booed by Australian crowds....every game.

At least NZ bogans have plenty to cheer about.

I assume you're a kiwi, so I'll type REAL SLOW

1 I've never been to an Aussie rugby game where the kicker is greeted with cowbells, chainsaws and other noisemakers

2 I didn't say Richie wasn't booed, he certainly is, I said vast sections of the Aussie crowd will frown and tut tut those doing the booing. They will sit silently while the opposition lines up a goal kick and applaud (ever so quietly) when it goes through.

3 it was interesting to hear in a Sydney test where about 10-15% of the crowd was wearing black that the boos for Quade were louder than the cheers when Genia scored, how many AllBlack fans do YOU think we're sitting back,politely applauding a opposition players entry to the game?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I assume you're a kiwi, so I'll type REAL SLOW

1 I've never been to an Aussie rugby game where the kicker is greeted with cowbells, chainsaws and other noisemakers

2 I didn't say Richie wasn't booed, he certainly is, I said vast sections of the Aussie crowd will frown and tut tut those doing the booing. They will sit silently while the opposition lines up a goal kick and applaud (ever so quietly) when it goes through.

3 it was interesting to hear in a Sydney test where about 10-15% of the crowd was wearing black that the boos for Quade were louder than the cheers when Genia scored, how many AllBlack fans do YOU think we're sitting back,politely applauding a opposition players entry to the game?
    I'm stating to think that we are the minority now GIGS.
    I wonder if its because we have actually played the game that we are prepared to give the opposition respect! And the so called fan who boos etc has never put on a pair of boots. There are obviously some exceptions.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I'm stating to think that we are the minority now GIGS.
    I wonder if its because we have actually played the game that we are prepared to give the opposition respect! And the so called fan who boos etc has never put on a pair of boots. There are obviously some exceptions.
    I don't know where the booing comes from. You don't see it in the UK. Has it seeped into rugby from AFL? Maybe there are just more white trash bogans watching the game now. It's pretty moronic. and this pathological hatred the public (esp NZ) seem to have for Quade Cooper is pathetic, who did he rape again?

vCash
    If it has creeped in because of the AFL influence Demetriou will be pleased. That would mean boganball has reached new fans in ZAand NZ. The majority of Australian S14 matches are not too bad. But heckliing goal kickers has become standatd. As has Tahs "supporters" booing their team.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast