Thread: picks for next week

Rookie
    vCash

picks for next week

If cott pull up alright they will cause a tougher opponent at the bdown .wests d in the inside backs is flimmsy and poor workrate over 80 may swing this one cotts way.cott need there skipper out there this week they missed his leadership and playing ability .this will go to the wire
    my pick cott just
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    This was a different Cott team to the one that faced Neddies in round 18. To me I thought the backline just kept looking for Junior and as such he had so much pressure on him, he was expected to perform and struggled.

If they run at Wests like they did 2 weeks ago, it'll be Cott by a smidgion.

vCash
    Wests by 6, Cott are disjointed and rely too heavily on three players - Junior, Spoons and Roidan I mean Ryan. If Jarrett recovers from his heavy knock and plays the whole game he could make an impact, but the rest of the team didn't put in half the effort of the players mentioned above.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goony View Post
    Wests by 6, Cott are disjointed and rely too heavily on three players - Junior, Spoons and Roidan I mean Ryan. If Jarrett recovers from his heavy knock and plays the whole game he could make an impact, but the rest of the team didn't put in half the effort of the players mentioned above.
    How did wests pull up westies man
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    very very sore as expected and may have 4 or 5 out, have to wait and see

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Goony, I thought Swimmingpool played well. Full credit to Olly Hoskins too, was such a problem, Peanut was rested before end of 1st half. For a front rower he gets around the paddock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Goony, I thought Swimmingpool played well. Full credit to Olly Hoskins too, was such a problem, Peanut was rested before end of 1st half. For a front rower he gets around the paddock.
    Yeah i asked Peanut on Sunday down at Success if there was any problems but he assured me all was well and he was just having a breather. I noticed Trav having a breather too, and kindly lending his boots to Rocket which actually made a huge difference in the next scrum :p

Olly did play well, and so he should - he is a man mountain and basically plays rugby for a living, so i may have overlooked his impact based on expectations. Tobias was quiet for a change which did make a difference as he has become a decent player! We will see who turns up, but i'm still backing Wests in this one

Senior Player
    vCash
    I'll tell you who will turn up; the Cottesloe Sledging Brigade!

Cowan had better harden up as the comments he received last weekend will be a picnic compared to what the Cott mob dish out. They will find a hill or something at Wanneroo in lieu of their normal cliff and really give it to the Force guys. What an irony!

vCash
    In the English Play off system a few years ago Wasps finished second for about 3 four years in a row and then went on to win the final, they never admitted it, but the rumour was they deliberately put themselves in a position to play every week so that the teams carried the momentum through to the final. There was a belief that the week off destroyed that.

What do you guys think?

Champion
    vCash
    I noticed Trav having a breather too, and kindly lending his boots to Rocket which actually made a huge difference in the next scrum :p

I still have a problem with tight five wearing orange boots.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post
    In the English Play off system a few years ago Wasps finished second for about 3 four years in a row and then went on to win the final, they never admitted it, but the rumour was they deliberately put themselves in a position to play every week so that the teams carried the momentum through to the final. There was a belief that the week off destroyed that.

What do you guys think?
    I don't think that any team goes into a semi final with the intention of losing just to carry momentum, as no one wants to be in a dog fight prelim final getting knocks, injuries etc. not to mention if you lose the prelim final, that would soon shut down momentum. I'm not saying its not possible that them losing didn't help them keep their game playing mentality and in some way helped, just don't think they would do it on purpose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    I'll tell you who will turn up; the Cottesloe Sledging Brigade!

Cowan had better harden up as the comments he received last weekend will be a picnic compared to what the Cott mob dish out. They will find a hill or something at Wanneroo in lieu of their normal cliff and really give it to the Force guys. What an irony!
    There's a hill with a limestone retaining wall/steps in front - similar to the CSB grazing area - the bar is nearby. Last time I saw them in action was against Neddies, giving a big serve to the Neddies winger for most of the game. Pek'll need to keep the kleenex handy.