Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Will Australia ever win back the Bledisloe cup?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    He's a bloody cheat, constantly offside and getting away with murder at the ruck Ex.

And yes, he's the best rugby union player I've ever seen, so much so that he's redefined the job of a number 7 to be being constantly offside and getting away with murder at the ruck.
    And he's constantly bleating into the ref's ear!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    They didn't get all of Simmons stats - eg no stat for offload - but he gave a great one out (OK so it was to a black jersey!) and the pen count didn't make the distinction of it being straight in front where even I could kick it.

He is still pedestrian at best!!

'God invented beer to prevent Props from taking over the world'

Senior Player
    vCash
    I am in agreement that last nights effort was very poor but in answer to the question I believe that the Wallabies can win back the Bledisloe. Australian Rugby supporters suffered how many years of Deans?

Link McKenzie's first game not great but give the man time he will turn their fortunes around!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Yet the line-out was the one shining light the Wallabies had in the game tonight, Simmons was responsible for two line-out steals and his pressure was attributable to the the AB's overthrow which lead to Genia's try. Not to mention he had 8 runs 42m and 12 rucks and mauls, going on those figures his work-rate was second to only Horwill's. http://www.rugbystats.com.au/matches...atch22218.html

He was by no means awesome, but he was definitely a pass mark compared to some of the other plodders who didn't turn up tonight.
    Having watched the game slightly more sober and in a quieter setting I admit he wasn't as bad as I saw it last night. It was that pass back inside that stuck in my mind all night.
    The whole bloody lot of them must start taking the tackle and stop trying these so called 50/50 which are more like 75/25 passes.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF1964 View Post
    I think this should be an election issue. Let's see what Kevin or Tony plan to do about it.
    Rudd is Queensland Mungo supporter so he couldn't give a rat's. Abbott played for Sydney Uni so he'd likely reinstate all the Tahs and make Alan Jones coach.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    The answer to the question is YES, but the real question is when, and that one I cannot answer

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    If this page is a true record of the stats then we all barking up the wrong tree JOC was the best Back even better than the ABs
    JoC had a shocker.
    out of position more times than not, and what was with his defence out wide?! He may have popped his body into various breakdowns (propping up his stats) but the simple things that he did blindingly wrong had me bleating in dismay.

vCash
    also, question, with a few new bloods on the paddock, who is our leadership group these days?
    AAC and Genia are the only old schools left in the backs...

Apprentice
    vCash
    Interesting to read people's thoughts on the Wallabies performance. Friends and I who watched the game thought that, despite the scoreline, the men in gold put in a decent showing and seemed to be playing with a little more intent than previous outings. Then again, I've been pretty disillusioned with the Wallabies during the Deans-era so even a subtle shift in the team's thinking would be welcome in these parts. It would have been ideal if the Wallabies met the ABs later in the series once the team had a chance to gel and get combos and set-plays right, but generally, I felt the team's efforts on Saturday were more heartening than not.

vCash
    Execution was the thing that let them down. Once again. Set piece gets a pass mark. The old habits of aimless kicking reappeared when The AB's hade heavily punished our errors. The breakdown was OK. F@cked if I know why Joubert stopped pinging McCaw after he was on his case early on. Our mob was doing ok recycling early but the score board had them spooked after half time.
    Link needs to tell Genia that if he ever box kicks
    In our attacking half again, he will be hooked.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3