Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Initial WA squad selected for U16 National Championship

Senior Player
    vCash
    Gigsy,

When have I ever suggested that you don't comment on PSA rugby? The answer is Never because I haven't.

Just don't comment on club matters as you freely admit you don't know anything about club rugby and its a distraction for those of us that do.

"I don't give a crap whether your information is accurate". Case closed I'd say!

PS I now know which muppet you are; The Grouch!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by RumourMonger; 02-08-13 at 09:47.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    Gigsy,

When have I ever suggested that you don't comment on PSA rugby? The answer is Never because I haven't.

Just don't comment on club matters as you freely admit you don't know anything about club rugby and its a distraction for those of us that do.

"I don't give a crap whether your information is accurate". Case closed I'd say!
    I'd say pulling one sentence out of a post where I was discussing Paly boys choosing to play for School rather than club and telling me I'm not qualified to comment would suffice.

The comment was me qualifying the statement that I made as hearsay from a club member. I don't think I've ever heard you talk about your information in that way.

I will continue to talk about club rugby as I understand it, I will also continue to take the step (that you appear unwilling to take) of qualifying my currency of information (being an ex junior coach with Rocky who doesn't currently attend club matches due to PSA commitments.

As is your usual strategy, you dismiss anything certain people say as unqualified rubbish, not because they don't have anything to say, but because they don't agree with you. Might I point back to the fact that Westie had to tell you to back off exile after they had a chat via PM.

I don't know or care what your agenda is, Mine is to discuss and improve ALL rugby in WA, whether that is Club, School or Professional. I feel I have a right to comment on the interface between club and PSA, because I'm involved, I am yet to see you produce a similar statement and therefore, anything you say is tainted by your own admission.

As you can see, I'm still annoyed by the fact that you don't choose to follow your own rules.

(prepares for another deflection of the point, as RumourMonger is nothing more than a hypocritical gossip with no active link to WA rugby at all)

C'mon the

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Gigs, he's winding you up and you're taking the bait.

Rumours is like a haemmorhoid, annoying, but not dangerous.

Ignore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Gigs, he's winding you up and you're taking the bait.

Rumours is like a haemmorhoid, annoying, but not dangerous.

Ignore.
    It's been long proven that I don't handle Trolls well.

Apparently I don't change my spots well

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Gigs - Stay positive especially in PSA ignore RM.

I had the opportunity a few weeks back to chat with most PSA heads and M.I.C.'s of Rugby. It was a good occassion to visit "how do clubs and PSA work together to grow the game and retain the players"

Many years ago whilst at Wesley we started Friday night carnival games against Scotch and Aquinas. Essentially beginning with yr 8's at 1:00pm and migrating right up to 1st XV at 6:00 or 6:30pm.

We had huge crowds, immense parent support especially where two kids were involved and Saturday's spent running around watching the kids play at different venues. Footy mates would come and support their Rugby mates and on Saturdays the favour was returned until the Rugby boys went off to sit on the bench for their clubs. Hale objected but others were pretty enthusiastic.

It later fell in a heap because old boys with School jackets came and made a nuisance of themselves and alcohol abuse became an issue.

I have canvassed clubs and asked if they would adhere to the PSA code of conduct where NO ALCOHOL IS TO BE SERVED OR CONSUMED BY ANYONE AT PSA MATCHES. The clubs would be more than happy to have security present ( mainly their own members) to police the venue so that rowdies were chucked out. It is an inconvenience as fields need to be dressed on a Friday night, put away over night and then re done on Saturday's for home games. But the benefit outweights the pain.

When I mentioned this to some of the heads, I did get a positive response to say it was a step in the right direction.

Any ideas on how we can pursue this further?

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    I have just looked up the Rugby WA Under 16 Table and am trying to follow your logic.

Are you saying that Rugby WA should take a weaker team away just because some lads couldn't participate in the regionals?

Based on the Table below any reasonable person would expect that the State team would predominantly be selected from the top 4 teams plus exceptional players from other club and PSA teams. Selectors should take the best players that are fit and able to travel.

My feedback was that the regionals were of a low standard this year and that the net needs to be cast wider to get the best team. Not sure that coaches can be blamed for the squads they had to pick from at regionals which were done in the school holidays and a
    RM I have been following this agegroup for ten years I know most of the boys in this agegroup by name and am telling it the way I see it. The only reason you are defending the setup is because you are from pally and you have a boy in the agegroup.... The stateside setup is the same as every year in every agegroup. Have there ever been some sort of success other than the close loss or lucky win...
    You are saying players that are fit and able to travel and that is my point exactly Does the following sounds like fit players. Recently broken collar bone (broken twice in a span of 10 months, a torn acl, 2 busted knee, a arm currently in plaster, a frontrow with a busted back
    and I think one psa player that has not played a game yet this year bahahaha what a joke
    Posted via Mobile Device

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    10 of these boys did not compete in the regional competition and 5 of these boys have played very little or no rugby due to injury. 3 of this 5 is academy players.....
    There is no way you can get a player game-fit in 8 weeks to go and compete in the national champs.What message is that to the other talented players out there that was on form and played well in the regionals

Some boys did not get selected that should have been in the squad

It is the same old story the same guy in charge and a replay of the resent school boys results is on the cards

Pally have so many boys in there because the assistant coach is from pally Joondalup has so many boys in there because the second assistant coach is from joondalup.
    Once again it is a Joke
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Not sure about that, it has been done before. 8 weeks a long time!. If he is a good player would you leave him out?

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Gigs - Stay positive especially in PSA ignore RM.

I had the opportunity a few weeks back to chat with most PSA heads and M.I.C.'s of Rugby. It was a good occassion to visit "how do clubs and PSA work together to grow the game and retain the players"

Many years ago whilst at Wesley we started Friday night carnival games against Scotch and Aquinas. Essentially beginning with yr 8's at 1:00pm and migrating right up to 1st XV at 6:00 or 6:30pm.

We had huge crowds, immense parent support especially where two kids were involved and Saturday's spent running around watching the kids play at different venues. Footy mates would come and support their Rugby mates and on Saturdays the favour was returned until the Rugby boys went off to sit on the bench for their clubs. Hale objected but others were pretty enthusiastic.

It later fell in a heap because old boys with School jackets came and made a nuisance of themselves and alcohol abuse became an issue.

I have canvassed clubs and asked if they would adhere to the PSA code of conduct where NO ALCOHOL IS TO BE SERVED OR CONSUMED BY ANYONE AT PSA MATCHES. The clubs would be more than happy to have security present ( mainly their own members) to police the venue so that rowdies were chucked out. It is an inconvenience as fields need to be dressed on a Friday night, put away over night and then re done on Saturday's for home games. But the benefit outweights the pain.

When I mentioned this to some of the heads, I did get a positive response to say it was a step in the right direction.

Any ideas on how we can pursue this further?
    Hansie you also forget how rugby has to fight for its space in PSA, not all about rugby. Also most PSA schools do not have rugby as isolated as Wesley!

Senior Player
    vCash
    I am at a loss to understand the whole argument around PSA and non PSA surely parents send their children to the best school they can afford to send them?
    For the life of me I can't think that a parent would send their child to a Private school just for the sake of the child having a ''better'' rugby program than one the club offers?

I am all for growing the game and getting as many kids into rugby as possible and getting the young boys and girls in this state to see that there are other winter sports than AFL!

I would like to believe that the kids that get selected to play for rep sides are selected because they are viewed as the best available talent not what school they go to. That being said I have said many times on this forum that I live in an idealistic dream world

vCash
    I think the biggest issue for many families is the expectation that every boy will play a sport and they all run concurrently. it makes for a great carnival atmosphere on Saturdays, but many find it hard to play a home n away fixture for school, then back up for club. the committed few will make the effort, but many will choose school because it's easier and it keeps the sport master off their back
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3