Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Round 14 - Some big games here

Champion
    vCash
    I am told video is inconclusive of clearly identifying the spectator, now that judiciary have completed that part of things, Neddies will follow Neddies code of conduct which is on the web site for all to see.

3rd man in got 5 weeks reduced by 2 for remorse, blah blah blah,
    1 prop cited for inflaming situation and got 3 weeks reduced by 1 for remorse blah blah blah the second prop cited was reprimanded as video could not prove conclusive strike.

Personally I'd never like this type of thing to happen and feel the refs, coaches and captains need to be more pro-active. If you have guys in your team undergoing anger management, it is incumbent upon the coach and captain to recognise this guy has a short fuse and to watch him very closely. If ref hears sledging getting out of hand, he MUST stop the game, give the captains a lecture, take the heat out of the situation. Coaches should put on headphones and ensure their bench players stay on the bench. Managers need to also remain in their respective boxes.

C'mon guys read the game including the spectators. If you're going to have play with 5m of home crowd support and it's a close game, you are going to get comments from the crowd. If captains were smart, they'd have their prop get "cramp" - pour water on all the player's heads - have a yarn to the ref - a la Sean Fitzpatrick, wait till the crowd have finished their heckling, then play.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    So, Nedlands knows who it is, refuse to reveal him to the Authority (Judiciary) but will deal with it "in house".

Are you guys part of the Catholic Church? Hiding the offenders and making things go away?

What a bunch of sanctimonious do nothings.

Don't anyone from Nedlands ever come on here and preach and whine again.

We know you by your actions, or lack of them..

Player
    vCash
    Total disgrace but what else would you expect

vCash
    Can we close this thread? Round 14 is so last week!

vCash
    What, Rugby Ref, you don't want me to reveal who the Nedlands spectator was?

Actually he wasn't just a spectator, he was a Nedlands fourth grade player. In fact he was (is) a close relative to a former rugby icon (well in his own and Nedlands lunch box, anyway).

When I find out what Nedlands actually do about this clown, and that they have revealed who he is to RugbyWA, I will decide whether to reveal his identity on this site.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    What, Rugby Ref, you don't want me to reveal who the Nedlands spectator was?

Actually he wasn't just a spectator, he was a Nedlands fourth grade player. In fact he was (is) a close relative to a former rugby icon (well in his own and Nedlands lunch box, anyway).

When I find out what Nedlands actually do about this clown, and that they have revealed who he is to RugbyWA, I will decide whether to reveal his identity on this site.
    Fulvio, I normally appreciate your rants (on TWF if not at games and in person) but don't join the masses and threaten. Either ---- or get off the pot. If somebody did it, name them, don't threaten. It's so unbecoming and is not chivalrous.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    I am told video is inconclusive of clearly identifying the spectator, now that judiciary have completed that part of things, Neddies will follow Neddies code of conduct which is on the web site for all to see.

Hansie stop trying to placate all. In the end your club knows who the party is. We are not interested in Neds guidelines. We are speaking about common assault. You know who he is- he should be banned from rugby for an indefinite period- like life! This is a disgrace and your club & RugbyWA needs to sort it!!

This case will be watched with interest. It will not lie here; Perth is a small rugby world.

The Rocky player assaulted has been very gracious in not going the legal route.

vCash
    Engaged, you've put it far better than I.

I was (am) incensed that this matter is cavalierly been swept aside as a non issue and we are all expected to nod meekly and agree that that is how it is and should be.

I have no desire to nor will I publicly pillory the individual concerned. I am sure he is now mortified and remorseful of his unthinking actions, as most of us would be.

But I believe I have made my point. Many already know who he is and what he did, and pretending it didn't happen, and worse still doing nothing about it, will only bring our great game into disrepute.

Champion
    vCash
    C'mon Hansie everyone in Perth rugby knows who he is

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Hang on Fulvio... the alleged Spectator fronted the judiciary - he was there - ...not even you would publish the name of one of your own here.

The video was inconclusive - are you now suggesting as an esteemed man of the law that if there is reasonable doubt all alleged perpetrators are guilty|???

Westie - if everyone in Perth knows who he is, then there is no need for me to say who he is.

Senior Player
    vCash
    [QUOTE Hansie "I am told video is inconclusive of clearly identifying the spectator, now that judiciary have completed that part of things, Neddies will follow Neddies code of conduct which is on the web site for all to see ".[/QUOTE]

Hansie, One day you're not part of the Nedlands heirachy and the next you are; one day you don't know who this guy is and the next day you do. You would be termed an unreliable witness in a court of law.

Rumour has it he is a Nedlands 4th grade player and nephew of one of Neddies favourite sons (except for the years he spent at Wests!).

Name the guy, ban him for life and then crucify him on the Jo Jo's jetty and we'll all let it rest.

Justice must be done; the Nedlands Code of Conduct demands it (and so do we!),

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    where has hansie said that he doesn't know who this guy is?

Champion
    vCash
    [QUOTE=RumourMonger;358813][[B

Rumour has it he is a Nedlands 4th grade player and nephew of one of Neddies favourite sons (except for the years he spent at Wests!).

Don't drag my beloved Wests into this shit RM or I'll set my mates on to you [actually I don't have any mates]

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    get death onto him Westies

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12