Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Round 14 - Some big games here

vCash
    All referee associations are independent from the unions in which they referee, this is for a couple of reasons but mainly to insure no bias in referee selection & Ensure that the needs (Read development & training) of referees are catered for (generally the unions just care about the clubs and put very little into the referee development, though I believe RugbyWA are actively trying to address this).

RugbyWA did have a Senior Referee Coach independently review both games, one of which was mine. I have received a clean bill of health regarding the cards I issued. I obviously am not privy to the other game(s).

I saw a post elsewhere that the Cott 3rd grade coach was cited last week too, no idea if he appeared yesterday.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Rugby WA do have some involvement in the development of refs. They run several types of ref courses, do they not RR n Sprog ?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    Battye accepted earlier plea. One week I guess

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    Valid question, who is it that develops referees?.
    Because I noticed someone has distanced referees completely from Rugby WA.
    Apologies for my suspicions WA Refs is a volunteer organization that covers junior and senior rugby, it comprises an Executive including ex and current refs and various sub-committees including a 'coaching and appointments' board (CAB).

Effectively anybody can become a member, but to ref seniors you need to be observed for a number of games at juniors by an accredited ref coach / assessor and pass a law exam. If you want to ref seniors, this means you'll work up through 5ths - Prems as your performances, fitness etc dictate. This is also only after being coached / assessed at select games and levels.

Refs allocated into main groups : Established, Emerging, Talented and Senior. Refs allocated annually by CAB (and not changed after 1 possibly poor performance, we all have them) but can be some movement within a season if felt needed.

Fortnightly education meetings are held during season, covering education, lessons from previous weeks etc.

President / Exec meet with Rugby WA to discuss any issues (which could be ref performance, community / club / team / game issues).

That's the short (but long answer). Are you thinking about coming to the dark side ?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    Rugby WA do have some involvement in the development of refs. They run several types of ref courses, do they not RR n Sprog ?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Yes, Rugby WA run the courses that ARU require for refs to participate, similarly for coaches. In saying this, there is often some input to these courses from local 'established refs'.

We are very fortunate to have Graham Cooper as a Development Manager at Rugby Wa, who is also on the ref National Panel. This is useful for providing feedback from ARU on where they believe their high performance refs need to focus and ref games.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    One has to ask oneself.

Why would I want to learn to be a ref?

Sledging from the sidelines, sledging on twf., I give my time free of charge to do the best job I can, having to sit exams in my own time, pass fitness tests in my own time, referee all over the place at a moments notice in my time?

You'd think from the posts on this site that refs are spies, moles and cynical masochists, with predetermined intentions to ruin every game of rugby, to blatantly misinterpret the laws to try to destroy careers and team's aspirations....

I would love to see the critics pull on a refs jumper and have a go and show everybody how it is done. Sadly like Rumour Monger, most will hide behind handles, never show their face or identity - except for Fulvio who has some cred. - and be one reason refs are turning their backs on the game - You critics get what you ask for.... so lay the blame on yourselves.

Put your hand up, and criticise from a psotion of knowledge and experience then you'll be listened to.

vCash
    Someone's got to do it, but you can see why lots don't, or try and give up.

Retention is a big issue with referees.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Hansie;358469] Sadly like Rumour Monger, most will hide behind handles, never show their face or identity - except for Fulvio who has some cred. - and be one reason refs are turning their backs on the game - You critics get what you ask for.... so lay the blame on yourselves.

That is a Cheap Shot Hansie. Would have thought you'd have seen enough of those last Saturday to start handing them out.

When did I sledge referees?

My posts were asking what had happened at the games last Saturday where the brawls occurred and what people's views were on the reasons they occurred. No-one put the video clip up.

Last edited by RumourMonger; 18-07-13 at 13:09.

Champion
    vCash
    The more apt question to you RM is when have you supported or backed the referees???

When have you tried to stop the feeding frenzy of slander?

Senior Player
    vCash
    I defy you Hansie to show me where I have sledged the referees. Until this Thread I have been silent on referees as they aren't even on my radar; you are!

With this Thread I have merely asked legitimate questions about the facts surrounding brawls at two clubs. Just because you've had a bad week don't try to defray the gunfire onto me.

Have a look through at the comments re referees on this Thread and perhaps fire grenades at those people if it makes you happier.

I'm just after the facts.

PS I ran touch the other week and backed the referee to the hilt. When did you last run touch?

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    I'm just after the facts.
    Exile asked you for simple facts once....

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Back to the Force side of the website.

You'll be "happier" there.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    so that's more crickets from you then as an answer

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post

PS I ran touch the other week and backed the referee to the hilt. When did you last run touch?
    Still waiting for you to praise refs on this forum. Fact is - they do their absolute best to get every call right. Fact is - they do it for nothing. Fact is you haven't gone to the sledgers on this thread and questioned their right to criticize?

I ran touch for 3rd grade about 3 or 4 weeks ago when they played Wests.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast