Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 14 - Some big games here

Player
    vCash
    Will watch DVD today then will tell you how bad he was and wait for Hansie and Co to defend him ha ha ha

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chertubler View Post
    Maelkann what did you think of the champ 1st grade ref seeming you were the assistant
    I was the touch judge, not the assistant ref please - different powers.

Last edited by maelkann; 14-07-13 at 08:24.

Champion
    vCash
    Disgraceful game at the fore shore. Rocky had it in the bag, but let the niggle get to them. I do hope the ref learns something from the game, he must have heard some of the comments, must have seen some of the niggle. He should have brought out the yellows a lot earlier. Once the Biff started, then home crowd will always add fuel. Rocky captain and coach should have tried to defuse situation by asking for time out. If ref cannot handle it the captain and coach needs to step in.

Very embarrassed to see one of our spectators get involved. Not good at all.

Rookie
    vCash
    I know you're not directly involved with Neddies now (I don't think anyway), but I hope the club sets an example and deals with the supporter.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    We would recommend that all coaches use the referee headsets on all occasions. Coaches from opposing sides can then hear the conversations on the pitch between the ref and touchies as well as ref and captains/players.

Without knowing or hearing what has been said and discussed on the field, we believe that making a judgement, specifically on the performance of a referee and this circumstance, cannot be sound.

We'd also make the point that referees don't hit other players.

Our two cents.

Last edited by LMSC; 14-07-13 at 11:40.

vCash
    Kala v Wanneroo

This game also finished with 3 red cards and 3 yellows with a second half brawl that turned the game on it's head. Phoenix Battye was red carded for Wanneroo as 3rd man in. Natu and Sui were red carded for Kala for punching. Wanneroo 9 and Kala 6 Rusty were yellow carded for instigating the fight. Patches of rugby broke out between the niggle with Tali and Jordy making smart plays all day to help Kala score 2 tries to 1 and run out 20 - 11 winners despite finishing with 13 players. Wanneroo were well structured but telegraphed too much of what they were doing to really challenge the Kala defence. Jordy was making bust after bust but too often isolated himself from his support to capitalise on numerous half chances.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Six red cards recorded on TWF alone so far.

The Judiciary will be busy handing out non penalties this week.

"This being your first murder, we've decided to let you off with a caution"

vCash
    Kala v Wan was 3 reds and 2 yellows, won't comment on reds as disciplinary will deal with that apart from saying that all Phoenix was not 3rd man in, two Kala reds were. 2 yellows were both to Kala, one to 7 for pulling maul down close to goal line, and one to kala player for shoulder charging a player just after the brawl.

No Wanneroo players were yellow carded.

It was a shame that the brawl disrupted what was a close game, Wanneroo's two force players were very effective in keeping them in the game, it was 11-13 with 10 mins to go but everytime Wanneroo got the ball they seemed to kick away their posession instead of trying to use their number advantage. Poor passing in their half lead to them losing a last minute try to take it to 20-11. Wanneroo are certainly improving.

Some quite impressive backs in the Kala team, Jordy made lots of ground every time he got the ball, unfortunately too many handling errors meant they never really managed to be in control. I ref'd them when they played Perth early in the season when the backs did get it right and it was a very impressive display. Lots of potential there.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post
    Kala v Wan was 3 reds and 2 yellows, won't comment on reds as disciplinary will deal with that apart from saying that all Phoenix was not 3rd man in, two Kala reds were. 2 yellows were both to Kala, one to 7 for pulling maul down close to goal line, and one to kala player for shoulder charging a player just after the brawl.

No Wanneroo players were yellow carded.

It was a shame that the brawl disrupted what was a close game, Wanneroo's two force players were very effective in keeping them in the game, it was 11-13 with 10 mins to go but everytime Wanneroo got the ball they seemed to kick away their posession instead of trying to use their number advantage. Poor passing in their half lead to them losing a last minute try to take it to 20-11. Wanneroo are certainly improving.

Some quite impressive backs in the Kala team, Jordy made lots of ground every time he got the ball, unfortunately too many handling errors meant they never really managed to be in control. I ref'd them when they played Perth early in the season when the backs did get it right and it was a very impressive display. Lots of potential there.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Any report on the soaks vs uni game
    Posted via Mobile Device

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    Neds 24--Rocky 20

3 red cards against rocky & one against Neds plus numerous yellows against both sides

Rocky could have won this but completely lost their discipline in the final 15 minutes
    Rocky are a disgrace. Bunch of brawlers. We only need to tolerate them for 3 more months.

Go Neddies
    Posted via Mobile Device

Player
    vCash
    DVD watched if six more players are not cited from neddies something is very wrong ref had no idea what was going on two yellow cards for retaliation when no punch was thrown but the punch throwing player gets nothing.would love to see this ref justify his calls as I have said before total disgrace and this totally proves it.also wonder what neddies and rugby WA are going to do about spectator

vCash
    I'm sure he'll watch the DVD and if there are any issues address it with his referee coach, I notice he was being observed as well today so there will be the opportunity to see if anything could have been handled better.

Player
    vCash
    I hope so but I won't put money on it

vCash
    I have watched the 2nd half of the Rocky/Nedlands game DVD, and honestly if this is the standard of Premier Grade rugby and officialdom in WA, it's no wonder the Force players want to bugger off over East to finish the season.
    In what could have been a very entertaining match from two sides who wanted to play, Refereeing decisions relegated the match to nothing more than slugfest from frustrated players, who were at a loss to fathom decisions, and were obviously hesitant to know how to play this official.
    With the benefit of hearing the Ref communications on the DVD, as suggested by a previous poster, it is clear that all control was lost by this bumbling Official, with outrageous decisions made contrary to the vision on the DVD.
    Failure to accept advice from his assistants, and bewildering calls against both teams meant he could never be taken seriously.
    I believe there were definitely Red Card moments, but it was a shame that the game even got to that stage.
    And that was only the 2nd half!

Yes the judiciary will be busy this week, and some good players will lose some weeks, or the season, but the real villain will probably escape punishment and will go on to ruin further potential good games. Bloody disgrace.
    That's my two cent's worth.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post
    I'm sure he'll watch the DVD and if there are any issues address it with his referee coach, I notice he was being observed as well today so there will be the opportunity to see if anything could have been handled better.
    They are reassuring words from a self governing body
    We don't need patronising comments that everything will be alright we need consistency and an even playing field for all teams
    If he was being assessed then he should be made an example of and punished if he was employed he would be sacked
    He should be stood down from refereeing for the rest of the season as the red carded players will be
    Three games this season by this ref and he has destroyed them all is that the sort of consistency we want
    I look forward to your reply Rugbyref
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast