Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Joc finished at the rebels

vCash
    The more you hear about the guy the worse your opinion becomes of him. It's telling that absolutely nobody has a positive word to say about him regarding his attitude and off-field behaviour. The higher up in the playing or coaching ranks the less people think about him.

I would still say sign him as long as the $$ are right. I think given the reports what we would (hopefully if we are smart) be prepared to pay would not be acceptable to that largish chip on his left shoulder. I think now a move to a foreign land where no one can understand the nonsense he sprouts about himself would be more suitable to Monsieur O'Connor.

Sticky might want to have a look at him though. Might as well considering the Meh whoever runs on as the halves combination elicts from the fans. But a much longer regular season of league might be too much for his body considering his recent run of injuries.

What is happening with Cummins? Will he be sweating like a bag full of cats at a greyhound meet in WA next season? JOC's signature and the $$ in the kitty might be dependant upon what is happening with the Badger.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Badger wants too much - heard $450k... don't think that TWF can do this... though you never know.

I haev said enough in JOC's defense on this site - not defending his behavior or attitude, just his talent and the fact that WA and Foles et al could put him back on track to be a great player.

If just surprises me that he seems to be held responsible for KB and QC's actions. Not once has he been had up on violent conduct charges... as the other two have (add Digby to the list), not once has he been drunk in public and not once has he aligned with B grade actresses.

He's missed two buses through "sleeping in" - V poor form and recently he was out at 0430 on a rest day prior to a test.. sober (terrible??) and out at 0530 after the last test with Monday being a rest day (again terrible).

The kid has an attitude and needs a jolly good kicking from management (Hello Mr Deans.... and JON) as well as senior players. People like Higgers are quick to slip the boot in but did they try to help... has anyone tried to help? Maybe we can... if he wants it. If not, give up on the Wallabies and make a buck in France.... though this option would be a significant loss to ARU IMHO.... okay IMO.. the H just does not cut it for me.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    O'Connor benched for final Rebels game

AAP
    July 10, 2013,
    11:56 am

Axed Melbourne Rebels star and Wallabies playmaker James O'Connor has been relegated to the bench for his side's final Super Rugby game of the season against the Highlanders this Friday.

O'Connor's exclusion from the starting side comes just days after he was advised he would not be offered a contract at the Rebels for 2014.

The Rebels put out a team list on Wednesday saying O'Connor had been named on the bench as he had not trained with the team since being selected in the Wallabies for the British and Irish Lions Series.

The statement also said O'Connor would train for the first time at the Rebels captain's run on Thursday following an injury he sustained in the final Wallabies Test in Sydney.

Meanwhile, outgoing winger Cooper Vuna has been named to return on the wing and Angus Roberts will cover at fullback for the match at AAMI Park.

Gareth Delve will captain the side in what will be his last game for the franchise.

Rebels: Angus Roberts, Jason Woodward, Tom English, Rory Sidey, Cooper Vuna, Bryce Hegarty, Nick Phipps, Gareth Delve (c), Scott Fuglistaller, Scott Fuglistaller, Jarrod Saffy, Cadeyrn Neville, Hugh Pyle, Laurie Weeks, Ged Robinson, Nic Henderson. Res: Shota Horie, Paul Alo-Emile, Luke Jones, Jordy Reid, Nic Stirzaker, James O'Connor, Kimami Sitauti.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...l-rebels-game/

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDi View Post
    He's missed two buses through "sleeping in" ...
    Agree up to a point, but if I recall rightly one of those he wasn't even in the hotel....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Agree up to a point, but if I recall rightly one of those he wasn't even in the hotel....
    I never said he was at the hotel.. which he was not... Just said sleeping in.

On this point though.. if you were the room mate and realised that your team mate was a) not there, b) likely to miss the bus and c) all of the above and likely to get a kicking from his current beau/family - would you a) call and make sure he was back or b) ignore it all and say fu** him - note this was all way before the toxic bits etc etc etc. Regardless of the attitude, it makes the team looks stupid as much as the player.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Well, whatever happens, it is JOC's decision as to where he plays rugby next year. I think it is worth the EWF (or is it just EF?) making him an offer reflecting his current decline in market value and let him choose (us or overseas). They should not chase him under any circumstances.

My guess is he will chase the cash and go O/S.

vCash

JOC might be heading back to the force

I was just reading on Rugby Heaven that JOC isnt getting a contract extension at the rebels and might be heading back to the Force as we are possibly the only franchise who will offer him a contract going forward.

Personally I think that we should give him a contract and tell him to forget all about playing as our #10 and to just concentrate on playing good rugby instead of worry about his 'brand'.

Let the force go in 2009

vCash

vCash

MAYBE HIS LAST CHANCE IN AUSTRALIA??

Under the new structure at EWF, with Foley as Coach and Hodgson as Captain, JOC has a chance to redeem himself.

Sinderberry and Dog have said a lot but Hodgo's column the The West today said it all:

"...we have come a long way as a playing group and created a culture and standards that everyone believes in since he (JOC) was last here. Now it is all about earning respect."

Even Hodgo acknowledged that it was exciting to think of "Mathewson, Holmes, Godwin, Morohan and O'Connor all in the same backline".

There is no doubting JOC's ability but he needs to learn from those around him including how Kyle Godwin carries himself.

It's not just about JOC's attitude, but also the company he keeps...his playmates in Melbourne included Kurtley Beale and Buddy Franklin, etc...

Pull your head in young man. Reap your potential as an elite sportsman. Be careful what you put into your body and mind and GIVE UP SMOKING. AND put in the same effort as others in the pre-season. Keep away from the Spring Tour so you can get rid of the niggles (some of which you've been carrying for a long time).

Do not want to see him on bonuses for scoring points (as he'll never pass the ball) just a fair contract with the same Code of Conduct that the rest of the team is following including showing respect for the Coach, Captain and leadership team.

Last edited by andrewg; 10-07-13 at 21:23. Reason: Fix up some minor typos. Some additions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Under the new structure at EWF, with Foley as Coach and Hodgson as Captain, JOC has a chance to redeem himself.

Sinderberry and Dog have said a lot but Hodgo's column the The West today said it all:

"...we have come a long way as a playing group and created a culture and standards that everyone believes in since he (JOC) was last here. Now it is all about earning respect."

Even Hodgo acknowledged that it was exciting to think of "Mathewson, Holmes, Godwin, Morohan and O'Connor all in the same backline".

There is no doubting JOC's ability but he needs to learn from those around him including how Kyle Godwin carries himself.

It's not just about JOC's attitude, but also the company he keeps...his playmates in Melbourne included Kurtley Beale and Buddy Franklin, etc...

Pull your head in young man. Reap your potential as an elite sportsman. Be careful what you put into your body and mind and GIVE UP SMOKING. AND put in the same effort as others in the pre-season. Keep away from the Spring Tour so you can get rid of the niggles (some of which you've been carrying for a long time).

Do not want to see him on bonuses for scoring points (as he'll never pass the ball) just a fair contract with the same Code of Conduct that the rest of the team is following including showing respect for the Coach, Captain and leadership team.
    I agree... make sure that he understand that brand "O'Conner" isnt worth 2 cents and that he needs to get his head back into playing good rugby first before being a superstar.

The only thing that I would be worried about is that there is another one of his Victorian 'mates' over in WA now and the temptation would be there for him to hang out with Wellingham.

Let the force go in 2009

vCash
    Word on Twitter tonight is that the Force "is not his preferred option" and that he's looking overseas.

Not sure quite how to interpret that!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Word on Twitter tonight is that the Force "is not his preferred option" and that he's looking overseas.

Not sure quite how to interpret that!
    I'd interpret it that what Ben Mc and Hodgo have said is pretty much similar to what he's been told officially. He can't hack it so he's off to France. CYA amigo.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dramoth View Post
    The only thing that I would be worried about is that there is another one of his Victorian 'mates' over in WA now and the temptation would be there for him to hang out with Wellingham.
    'Cos how awesome if he decided to make new friends, maybe take a couple of young up-and-coming Wallabies possibilities under his wing and show them the ropes...

Still, I would be surprised if he was at all keen on coming back here. It would be a big climb-down and large slice of humble pie to eat - don't get the impression he would have much taste for either.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    'Cos how awesome if he decided to make new friends, maybe take a couple of young up-and-coming Wallabies possibilities under his wing and show them the ropes...

Still, I would be surprised if he was at all keen on coming back here. It would be a big climb-down and large slice of humble pie to eat - don't get the impression he would have much taste for either.
    Yup, his ego will not let him come back here. Maybe a few seasons with the French will batter some sense into the wee shite!

Just happy to be here

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    at 23 and he's fucked his chances in Australia .. it is almost unbelievable

Last edited by Happy; 11-07-13 at 07:07. Reason: spelling
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast