Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Joc finished at the rebels

vCash
    Foles has shown he's not above f**king someone off if they need it, even if they are a star player.
    If he messes up I reckon he's gone, and a lost cause. However he hasn't stolen laptops, punched on in bars, outside of bars or hit 2 team-mates. So IMO We should be more pissed off at the other 2 stooges. We've seemed to have forgiven them. So, is this just the media cycle?
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    lol please, JOC is the worst of the bunch, he is an arrogant piece of shit... It's a big risk for the Force to take him back, i just hope they have the senior player leadership to keep him in check, he really has the potential to be a great player but just needs a serious attitude adjustment.

KB is a dick-head who loves to drink piss, QC isn't the brightest chap but he hasn't done anything wrong the past 3 years except say what everyone else has now realised, that Robbie Deans was a shit coach and McKenzie is the better choice.

vCash
    ABC Perth showed a clip of Foley talking about JOC. Stressed the same message as Hodgo and Ben Mac. They should get him on their terms at least. (including some stringent KPI's - sweet irony)

Champion
    vCash
    He played pretty well for last rebels match off the bench. I'd have him back. Be great if the force could have a similar result tmr. Well a girl can dream!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    geez he played pretty good coming off the bench this evening....

vCash
    He played some good basic footy off the bench, straightening the attack then simple hands.

“In 1823, William Webb Ellis first picked up the ball in his arms and ran with it. And for the next 156 years forwards have been trying to work out why.” - Sir Tasker Watkins (1979)

vCash
    Like him or hate him he is good.
    He tried the kpi's with us now do it to him. I don't think he will get much over seas as he is (obviously ) not a team player.
    But they have turned both Gits and Hejack into house hold names in France!
    JOC could advertise Gitans (smokes) instead of vitamins. Remy Martin would like him!
    I'm sure others can come up with more.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Western Force coach Michael Foley says it's important for James O'Connor to admit to his shortfalls if the star playmaker wants to realise his potential both on and off the field.

O'Connor is on the lookout for a new club after being axed by the Melbourne Rebels earlier this week.peWith the Brumbies, Waratahs and Reds not interested in O'Connor's services, the 23-year-old needs to secure a deal with the Force if he is to continue his career in Australia.

Counting against O'Connor is his chequered history, which includes late-night outings with troubled friend Kurtley Beale, missing team engagements while on Wallabies duties and a bitter departure from the Force two years ago.

Foley is keen to give O'Connor a chance to present his case and will meet the 40-Test speedster

O'Connor remains one of Australia's most-talented players and the 13th-placed Force would love someone of his calibre to spark their backline.

But Foley is adamant the Force will only consider signing O'Connor if he agrees to abide by their strong team values and standards.

"Any sort of education process becomes a lot easier when the person being educated actually accepts that there's a requirement to do so," Foley said ahead of Saturday night's clash with the Brumbies in Perth.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/fo...#ixzz2YsuhRuVo

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    lol please, JOC is the worst of the bunch, he is an arrogant piece of shit... It's a big risk for the Force to take him back, i just hope they have the senior player leadership to keep him in check, he really has the potential to be a great player but just needs a serious attitude adjustment.

KB is a dick-head who loves to drink piss, QC isn't the brightest chap but he hasn't done anything wrong the past 3 years except say what everyone else has now realised, that Robbie Deans was a shit coach and McKenzie is the better choice.
    TOCC, Robbie Deans is not a shit coach and I do hope that Ewan McKenzie is the correct choice but only time will tell. As for Quade, he was given a very good chance to prove himself and blew it. Rather than shoulder any blame he decided to point the finger. Hopefully McKenzie will have more success with him on the international stage but at present he still stands as a very high risk play maker. Hopefully he will mature into a great player but as with his mates O'Connor and Beal, he is still just a player with some exceptional skills yet to prove his greatness.

My biggest problem with sport at present is we seem to find legendary players before they even prove themselves and due to this obsession with building pedestals I fear we are not realising many players full potential.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Not sure JOC thinks he has any shortfalls. And humble pie doesn't taste anywhere near as good as a Big Mac.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Beale is also finished with the Rebels....

As a valued member of our Club, we would like to inform you that the Rebels will not offer to extend the contract of Kurtley Beale beyond the 2013 season and will shortly confirm his departure from the Club following the Rebels 38-37 win over the Highlanders at AAMI Park Friday night.

"Whilst Kurtley has been a valuable and popular player for the Rebels over the last two years, it is no secret that he has been facing some significant personal challenges. The Rebels have supported him through this process and at all times have made decisions in the best interests of Kurtley's welfare," said Chief Executive, Rob Clarke.

"Kurtley will to continue his off-field program in Sydney and the Rebels believe that he should remain there supported by his family network."
    Clarke said, "The Melbourne Rebels have announced some major changes in recent weeks, signifying a strong intention to elevate the performance of the organisation and build a sustainable winning culture both on and off the field."
    Posted via Mobile Device

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Gee you could do with a 10 down there lil ox, wonder if the Tahs could spare one

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post

Hold up there for a second TOCC. JOC hasn't ever faced criminal charges. Worst of the bunch hardly applies when everything that people on here are giving him shit for has been in conjunction with a least one of the other 2 idiots.

We're just choosing to look the other way for Beale at the moment because he didnt A) leave the force in shit circumstances and B) isn't being talked about coming back. And QC wasn't involved in the series. Because last time Beale punched someone in QLD cooper was right there with him.

I'm not defending his actions. But IMO Beale is heads and shoulders above the other 2 as the biggest dickhead in Australian rugby. Tom Carter is also more of a dick than JOC IMO

vCash
    Yes he played well off the bench last night - and why shouldn't he? He's just had weeks of top class training with the best coaches, trainers and fitness people in the country, so if you can't play well in super rugby game for 40mins there would have to be something wrong! The concern for the Force is that they'll get all the promises and verbal drivel from O'Connor if he wants the gig - but what happens when he reneges on the deal after the whole team has had to structure with him involved? The Force gets left in the lurch again with a position free and they're right back to square 1. They've gotta have a plan b in place to cover that possibility cos I really can't see someone of his calibre ever sticking to his word. His attitude to missing Deans farewell to the team Sunday morning really said it all after the support Deans has shown him these past few months.

vCash
    I just heard Mick Collis give him an absolute canning in an interview wath Gossage. Said the only reason we are considering JOC is because we are desperate for finishers. (Don't agree for
    2014) Said O'Connor is self absorbed and that upsets the team harmony. Said he should not play team sport and should have played golf or tennis. Ouch. But hard to argue.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast