Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chertubler View Post
    Rocky over soaks good game to watch
    so,the ref wasn't shit,this time?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvUnleashed View Post
    Kalafan followed some titty to Broome...
    Where is this titty you speak of
    Posted via Mobile Device

Player
    vCash
    Let the game flow did'nt blow his whistle every two minutes hence good game to watch. Have t o have a look at dvd regarding yellow card thou

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chertubler View Post
    Let the game flow did'nt blow his whistle every two minutes hence good game to watch. Have t o have a look at dvd regarding yellow card thou
    When you have your weekly DVD review, keep in mind a ref doesn't have the luxury to first look at replay before making a decision!
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Kala v Wests

A quality contest with some solid work up front from both sides. The contest at the rucks was a highlight with neither side giving an inch and big hits the order of the day. Each side was able to wrestle momentum for periods which led to some well structured attack from both sides. Tane's try late to pull Kala level was a highlight Kearnsy would love to hate as it came from a very fortunate bounce off a chip and chase. Our reserve kicker was in a position to snatch a come from behind win with a penalty kick right at the full-time whistle which was pushed right.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Both fantastic games of rugby played in great spirit, Just reviewed DVD, both my referee coach and I believed the ball had been dropped, but that it went straight down, not forward, but the DVD certainly looks like it did go forward (but I am also well aware that 2D camera angles can make what is fine in real life look bad on replay). I'll just have to take that on the chin. Kala also had a penalty with time expired about 15m out from the posts, and about 20m to the left. With Kala 1 point behind Wests I almost fell over when the captain opted for a scrum and not the kick at goal, but those are the choices he's there to make.

Only 7 penalties in the 2nds game, and credit needs to go to both teams who kept the tackle area fantastically clear throughout the game.

Firsts result of 32 all was a fair reflection of the game, and credit to both teams who tried to get something out of it when time expired, but sensible thinking from Wests finally saw them kick it out and not take too many risks in their own half.

Ah yeah, and now you know who I am

Champion
    vCash
    Rugby Ref can you tell me when Kala got a touch on our clearing kick, ball still travels 40 metres downfield and our prop receives the ball and plays on with an open line in front and Matt calls offside and we get penalised back where our kicker kicked the ball and with the resulting penalty Kala the next phase scores a converted try.You guys are wired up and must have seen the deflection so why not give the correct advice and at least play a srum where ball landed.I did ask Matt after the game and he missed it and that's understandable but you guy's saw it or at least the other touchie did so why not call it.It was a massive turning point in the game and I'm not for a moment blaming Matt because he was obviously looking somewhere else but that's what you guy's are for otherwise the money that's spent on the earpieces could be spent elsewhere and I reckon you now know who I am.

Last edited by westies man; 30-06-13 at 15:58. Reason: a
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Senior Player
    vCash
    As for the Rocky yellow card, seems near AR was unsighted as was the ref, far AR reported three punches thrown by Purple and nothing by gold. Fair call if that's all they saw.

vCash
    Westie, Matt asked me and I had not heard the touch either, so that's why he gave the Penalty. I was 30m away from it (it was midfield). I heard all the players claim it, when I spoke to the other AR after he said he did hear it but couldn't say who it had touched (it does matter).

It seems that it was clearly auditable on your side but not on mine. It was regrettable, but I can only advise on what I see/hear, not what others claim. And of course each team claims to their own benefit.

Sometimes these things happen, we're only human. Perhaps next year we can get TMO at Prem grade and check these things when they occur.

Though that being said, your prop that caught the ball was about 40m offside and wasn't retiring, so the touch, had we heard it, would have been a terrible case of a lazy player profitting from his inability to get onside.

He also had half the field to run and about 3 players still to beat. I doubt he would have made it to the line without being tackled, and when tackled would have been very isolated and vulnerable to losing the ball or losing a penalty for not releasing. However that's just speculation of what may have been, who knows what really would have happened.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    [QUOTE=RugbyRef;356510]
    Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOT
    In regards to the charge down I agree it does matter who touched it and I can be fairly certain it wasn't a Wests player trying to charge down his own players kick and correct me if I'm wrong but I understood that after a ball has been attempted to be charged down and touched by opposition then all other opposition are then onside.I didnot hear the ball getting touched I saw it was touched and I was about 60 metres away on the other side you must have been about 20 to 30 metres away but again people miss things and it happens but the touchie on our side saw it also so I ask again why could he not have advised the ref he made a mistake.i am not having a whinge at the ref because the result was a fair reflection of the game but just want some clarification thanks

Last edited by westies man; 30-06-13 at 19:54. Reason: E
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    It's hard to know what's going on from the sides unless directly asked, whilst we are Mic'd up, they are not open mics, they only transmit when we press the button. So he wouldn't have known what we were talking about and obviously at Half time when we spoke about it all became clear that we had missed it, had Matt went to the other side it would probably have been a different outcome.

As for the flight of the ball, I don't watch the ball, I watch the players around it so I wouldn't notice it's flight. When the ball is in the air we generally watch the players to ensure no foul play is occurring whilst they try to get to where it will land.

you are correct in your knowledge too, if touched by an opposition player, all of the kickers team become onside.

Thankfully though, it didn't detract from what was one of the best games of Rugby that I've seen in Perth this year.

Player
    vCash
    There's a mis perception that when a ball gets charged down or touched, that EVERYBODY is onside. It is only the kickers players that are all on side. Any player in front from the players team that charged down the ball is offside, as that team last played the ball. This is obvious only possible when the charge down was successful.

Now the sanction is an option of scrum at place of kick or penalty where player was off side. Not PK at place of kick.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Another thread hijacked by some one bitching at the ref..... I give up... a few posts re some of the games and the rest arguing over calls and bad reffing. I thought that Rugby Ref had set up a "bitch about last weeks games and the wrong calls thread"??

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Yep. Was the laws question thread.

Though to be fair to Westie, I feel he was just asking, and I was happy to answer.

How was the Paly v Uni game? Anyone watch it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Rookie
    vCash
    Dinky Di - I think you're a Cott man ?

What can you tell us about the weekend ? I haven't reffed them yet but obviously they seem to be setting themselves up nicely for finals. Did you watch the game - what impressed / disappointed you ?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast