Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "the team is struggling and need him, let him play" (Stephen Milne)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
    If this footballer being stood down so the right processes are followed as quickly and quietly as possible to limit the pain and suffering public and private of all those involved and effected with this case has to be a good thing
    we can only hope that is the reason Peter. the cynic in me says they are doing to appease the court of public opinion, and the trial by media, rather than for the good of the people involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonzy
    Having said that, if you were charged you could always just go back in time and fix it all up! You still have access to the delorean right?
    Alas, I do not. It was destroyed by a locomotive. besides, the encounter with my past self could create a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe!

Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
    In my view the football club have done the right thing by standing the player down innocent until proven guilty. It must be very distressing to the man who stands accused of this his family and friends but not one person here has made mention of the young lady who has brought about the allegations she must be going through an awful ordeal also.
    If you follow the story this young woman has been going through this since 2004. Potentially after nine years of being made to go away she may see some remote sort of justice.

Our society has a horrible ability to shun the victims of crime, it often appears to me that the only thing our judicial system, media and the public generally cares about are that such awful things don't happen to me and are content to let others suffer in silence. Unless of course the victim happens to also work in the media, and the people reporting the crime know the victim. Then turning your back on them is so much harder.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2