Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Rugby Division

vCash

New Rugby Division

Question: (it's a trick one) What age do you need to be to play under 20's (question only open to those in WA), because every other state knows the answer.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Well, I guess I'll be the first to get it wrong. 18, 19, or 20?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maelkann View Post
    Well, I guess I'll be the first to get it wrong. 18, 19, or 20?
    Oooh that was sooo close,

Next clue:
    Higher

Who's next to play for some hot wet stinky cash, with the prize of a premiership on offer???

Rookie
    vCash
    18 19 or 20 unless your dispensated to play senior rugby and your under 18

Is this what you mean?

No one over 20 would get away with it ?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wingman View Post
    No one over 20 would get away with it ?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I would have thought so
    Surely someone can dig into their Rugby WA book and give an answer - apparently all the clubs know about this - and all the players.
    Dispensated to play in a lower age group - I'd like to see that.

vCash
    Isn't it that you have to be 20 or younger on a specific date (eg, 1st Jan), so you can easily have 21 year-olds playing 'Under 20'?

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Isn't it that you have to be 20 or younger on a specific date (eg, 1st Jan), so you can easily have 21 year-olds playing 'Under 20'?
    A word of warning to players, coaches, parents etc, Rugby WA have decided to redesign the Under 20s comp as a tacit "open" league. Some teams have been allowed dispensation to play much older players. Are we interested in our players safety - NO, we just don't want any more forfeits, teams pulling out - that would make Rugby WA's joyful exultations that we registered billions of new players last year as a load of shite. I hope that players that are injuried as a result of these age/size/experience mismatches sue Rugby WA for their failure to advise players and clubs in the competition as to what was happening.

vCash
    What are the dispensation criteria for an older player to play U/20?

I thought that under age comps had some requirement around physical size, but can't rightly recall the specific detail. 'twas back in the day at Britannia...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    What are the dispensation criteria for an older player to play U/20?

I thought that under age comps had some requirement around physical size, but can't rightly recall the specific detail. 'twas back in the day at Britannia...
    Hastily penned just recently. Most refs aren't aware of the change either. It seems the actual change was not that well communicated, but it was housed under a "Rugby WA has the discretion to change competition rules" coverall. Ask nicely at Rugby WA and they may share with you.

vCash
    Refs don't need to be aware of the change. All they need is to be aware of the dispensation. If the team can show the player has dispensation, the player can play.

Champion
    vCash
    Nice arse covering ecky

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    Hastily penned just recently. Most refs aren't aware of the change either. It seems the actual change was not that well communicated, but it was housed under a "Rugby WA has the discretion to change competition rules" coverall. Ask nicely at Rugby WA and they may share with you.
    Rugby WA has allowed clubs to apply for dispensation for players who are 21 to play in the U/20s if that club are struggling for numbers to remain in the comp. No player over the age of 21 will be allowed to play. Also this was regulated to clubs 6-7 weeks ago.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    Rugby WA has allowed clubs to apply for dispensation for players who are 21 to play in the U/20s if that club are struggling for numbers to remain in the comp. No player over the age of 21 will be allowed to play. Also this was regulated to clubs 6-7 weeks ago.
    If clubs were advised 6-7 weeks ago, how was that done?. There was another caveat on there too apparently, you've missed it out (apparently no-one who has player premier grade can do this). It's obvious that no-one really has an idea of what is happening - do you know how many "struggling" clubs have used this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Refs don't need to be aware of the change. All they need is to be aware of the dispensation. If the team can show the player has dispensation, the player can play.
    If you did know it would save you from looking silly when you answered the question. Good to see you still justifying how this was done.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    If you did know it would save you from looking silly when you answered the question. Good to see you still justifying how this was done.
    Ralto, I don't think Ecky said anything there that was justifying how it was done ? I read it as Ecky pointing out how it affects refs, nothing else.

I can assure you it isn't Rugby WA and WA Refs (two separate organisations who try and work together) versus the playing community - I can't speak for Rugby WA, although I obviously read fellow posters digruntled views on Rugby WA' modus operandi.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast