Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Pindan Premier Grade Round 6

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Westie, Neddies will back you, but we have no need for 2nd Rowers.
    What would the answer be if you needed 2nd rowers then

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Hey RM - This has got to stop... we being in agreement.

There will be players at Cott who will re-consider their future with a club where they have given many years of service from juniors upwards only to find their opportunities at Premier Grade get thwarted by accommodating several Force players who won't be there ( at Cott) when their respective Force contracts expire, or bringing in multiple players with offers of discounted subs.

It will last whilst the club is successful on the field and as long as the back slapping and self adulation continues, let's wait until September.
    Oh dear Hansie - how the blue worm has turned - for the first time in recorded history Neddies are not sitting at the top and being talked about and suddenly he who defends inter club movement of players, TWF players staying and playing in Perth (as long as its for Neddies) suddenly gets an attack of seeking the moral high ground. Please give us a break.

I seem to remember Neddies and numerous other clubs waiving fees, discounting subs etc for both Force and junior rep players. Kettle pot black?? I even believe whilst as president you approved this.

Neddies will be there in the end as will Cott, Soaks, Paly and Wests with local players and those who have been imported. You of all people, with your long history associated with Metro rugby know that the majority of these teams have a mix of local talent (most players) and others. I think you underestimate the loyalty of some players unlike your current captain who ran off in a huff when he did not get paid and had a number of financial indiscretions. I think you welcomed him with open arms....

Anyway.. smacks of double standards... shame Hansie shame

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

Champion
    vCash
    100% correct - Neddies have been guilty of discounting subs in the past and chasing Force players etc etc. However, in the past few years Neddies have a "subscriptions Officer" and he is getting results. We have found special treatment of Force Players has led to disgruntled members and as such found it counterproductive. That's not to say we welcome our Force players with open arms, but there are no handouts and as such many have gone elsewhere to get remunerated and that is to be expected.

We will still hunt for talent where we need it and try to entice skilled members for our teams, but relaxed subs and payment of Contracted EWF players are being tackled and so far "touch wood" seem not to have ruffled too many feathers.

Champion
    vCash
    Talking to the Roodogs manager yesterday and they are doing exactly the same thing.I think the whole mindset of buying players in is changing and most clubs are buying into it.To remain competitive you have to shore up a couple of spot's but the day's of flying in a truckload who are no better than what you had are gone.I also know what Neddies allow for in their recruitment budget and it is very similar to our and a few other club's budget's from what I've been told

Last edited by westies man; 19-05-13 at 14:01. Reason: q
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Senior Player
    vCash
    There is no honour amongst thieves however.

Whilst most clubs have administrators with burnt fingers from previous spending sprees and the inevitable disappointment of being ripped off, there is a certain club down by the seaside where many of the mercenaries end up.

That is the club where payment of fees is not mandatory and the administrators actively recruit as many players as possible from other clubs with a view that player depth is key. So we end up with all sorts of immoral characters (some quite handy rugby players) running around in their lower grades.

I for one can't wait for their ship to sink.

Most clubs seem more pragmatic. It would be a better world if the clubs could have better co-operation or Rugby WA would impose certain codes of behaviour but that won't happen.

Uni's massive poaching raids are coming back to bite them a bit this year however they have a big war chest to expend whenever they get their appetite back.

My feedback is that certain clubs (Wests, Baysie, Wanneroo, Paly, Neddies and Soaks) are playing hardball re these mercenaries at present with a view to returning to a better culture whilst Uni, Kala and that other mob are carrying on with a "business as usual" approach and won't see the train coming.

Rocky is dying the death of a thousand cuts at present and is fighting real hard to claw their way out of the quicksand traps that have been laid for them. 50:50 as to whether they will survive in Premier Grade. They simply don't have the resources to concentrate on anything other than survival at this point.

Last edited by RumourMonger; 20-05-13 at 08:47.

Senior Player
    vCash
    100% correct - Neddies have been guilty of discounting subs in the past and chasing Force players etc etc.
    I have been chasing this confession for over 3 years.

I quite like the new look, born again Hansie!

Player
    vCash
    Once again rm you are full of shit you no nothing about Rocky so go fuck yourself you twat would love to see you on a rugby field but I do not think you have ever been on one.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Oh that's real nice.

For the record, I ran on twice yesterday.

When was the last time you laced up (if at all)?

PS Also for the record; not everyone at Rocky is as bogan as Chertubler.

Champion
    vCash
    Sorry guys put this on another post but this is probably the best place for it
    Zed.
    You can probably confirm what I'm hearing and it is both unfortunate news but also fantastic news for the Dogs.
    I'm hearing their coach has to go back to Sydney for family reasons. BUT Dave McKnight will continue in charge WITH a coaching pool of senior players who have pulled together to get the club through this hard time.
    It seems the Dogs have stuck to their guns, are keeping all their 18s and 20s together have maybe one new import AND all those who are playing have paid. If they haven't they are not even playing Fifth Grade.
    AND as was mentioned elsewhere their big lock was being offered several hundred bucks a game by a couple of clubs but turned it down to stay with Wanneroo. Good on him.
    If that is all true, and I have no reason to doubt it as it came from a person very close to the club, then that is the way for clubs to go forward.
    As Goony said they are not far off in Prems and Res Grades with young sides.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    AND as was mentioned elsewhere their big lock was being offered several hundred bucks a game by a couple of clubs but turned it down to stay with Wanneroo.
    Which clubs?

Champion
    vCash
    I cant be 100 per cent but Soaks was one name. That doesn't surprise me, look who else they have already bought from the Dogs.
    Also told them up in the hills were showing the money.

Last edited by wholetruth; 20-05-13 at 01:03.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chertubler View Post
    Once again rm you are full of shit you no nothing about Rocky so go fuck yourself you twat would love to see you on a rugby field but I do not think you have ever been on one.
    Mate you really are a complete tool
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    As I said in another thread - Wholetruth - Roodogs are hugely fortunate to have a man of Dave McKnight's calibre fill the gap.

vCash
    100% correct - Neddies have been guilty of discounting subs in the past and chasing Force players etc etc. However, in the past few years Neddies have a "subscriptions Officer" and he is getting results. We have found special treatment of Force Players has led to disgruntled members and as such found it counterproductive. That's not to say we welcome our Force players with open arms, but there are no handouts and as such many have gone elsewhere to get remunerated and that is to be expected.

We will still hunt for talent where we need it and try to entice skilled members for our teams, but relaxed subs and payment of Contracted EWF players are being tackled and so far "touch wood" seem not to have ruffled too many feathers.
    Fair call Hansie - good luck this season

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9