vCash

Pindan Premier Grade Round 6

Cott 29 - Soaks 10
    Wanneroo 25 - Paly 37
    UWA 29 - West Scarb 30
    Baysie 16 - Rocky 17
    Kalamunda 9 - Nedlands 7

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Kalamunda v Nedlands

Dear oh dear what a complete mess of a game. Don't like to ref bash, but this game was not a good advertisement for the man in the middle. He had a crazy game.
    Anyway the game. Nedlands took the kick-off, hit Kala hard early and were in for a try in under 2mins. Kala were woken by this and dug in for a breakdown war, with an anything goes mentality by both sides due to refereeing allowing this to occur. A penalty lottery developed resulting in a 7-0 halftime lead to Nedlands. Second was more of the same with Kalamunda able to put 9 unanswered points on the board through 3 penalties to Dane. Young openside Lukas had another big game for Kala aswell as Harry and Razor.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Gulls alone atop Pindan Premier Grade table

By RugbyWA Media Unit
    Contributors: Patrick Henning *

Pindan Premier Grade – Round Six
    Cottesloe 29 defeated Associates 10 at Harvey Field, Cottesloe
    Kalamunda 9 defeated Nedlands 7 at The Foreshore, Nedlands
    Palmyra 37 defeated Wanneroo 25 at Kingsway Reserve, Landsdale
    Wests Scarborough 30 defeated UWA 29 at McGillivray Oval, Mt Claremont
    Rockingham 17 defeated Perth Bayswater 16 at Pat O’Hara Reserve, Morley

Cottesloe remains the only undefeated side in the Pindan Premier Grade after continuing to stamp its dominance with a convincing 29-10 win over Associates at Harvey Field this afternoon.

http://www.rugbywa.com.au/NewsEvents...9/Default.aspx

Rookie
    vCash
    Watched UWA v Wests, interesting game with two contrasting styles. UWA played with width, while Wests were very much forward dominated. Little in it and both sides on their day have the ability to beat anyone.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    nedlands didn't make use of the breeze in the first half,why they used the pick and drive from within their own 22 with a strong wind behind them was beyond me---and in the last minute of the game they were given a penalty just to the left of the posts and twenty metres out,they kicked for the corner,instead of going for a shot at goal! maybe they had no kicker as this happened in the first half as well.
    Kala played with much more nous--well done to them

Champion
    vCash
    Uni would have the sharpest set of backs I've seen in Perth for a while but for a change we have some size up front and basically beat them up with pick and goes.We can consider ourselves very lucky scoring 13 points in the last 6 minutes and NTT you would expect Razor to play well considering he cost your lot 10 grand so I was informed yesterday .that's not good for Perth rugby

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Senior Player
    vCash
    My understanding was that he'd worn his welcome out at Paly with the constant hand out for freebies and cash and was not the most popular person in the player group. He then attempted to hock himself around town (even tried Soaks but they wisely said "No Thanks, go to Kala, you'd fit in well down there").

Whilst Kala will pay the price for buying in mercenaries (in more ways than one) they have created a rod for their own backs and need to find a way out otherwise he and others will have their hands out for more than $10K next year. The old rachet effect.

Kala need to learn that if you play with fire you'll probably get burnt.

The other clubs need to be disciplined and not buy into the bidding war. If Kala want to spend their members and sponsor's funds on mercenaries in the hope of a quick fix then most of us know the inevitable outcome. You'd think some of the old heads at Kala would know this.

Sunday sermon over.

vCash
    Razor = $400 per game.... $10k must include bonuses and a bar tab. Sad that clubs are perpetuating peoples over inflated egos about how good they are.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Buy into RMs shit dribble all you like people. He/She is a fraud messiah of the lowest calibre.
    90% of our playing group are back from last year including 3 lads who have come up through the U/20s. There are only 4 new players to the club currently in our Premier grade squad who have come from outside sources. I know some of last year squad were recruited too. But they have stuck around this year and are building back into a competitive team. Most clubs in Perth spend $$ on players, why single out one club that does this? Match payments/incentives are used by all. Nedlands sign on fee is $5000. They spend it because they can afford to. Kalamunda may be unfashionable to you blue collar, brown nose types but there are some smart business men running the place.
    Also don't underestimate the effect Josh Heke has had as a coach. He is one of the most decorated player/coaches to come to WA. Ex NZ maori rep, 250 first class games in ITM cup and French Top 14. He has lead the transformation.

Senior Player
    vCash
    NTT, surprised your little lap dog Chertubler hasn't praised your post by now!

No-one asked you how many players from last year are playing in this years team; that's one of your usual smokescreen statements.

How do you know Nedlands sign-on fee is $5K? That's different to what I've heard. Or is this another of your manufactured facts to distract us from the point being discussed? Hansie ? Comments?

"to you blue collar, brown nose types " are you sure you haven't got your collars mixed up NTT? Or are you suggesting that Kala's membership is predominantly comprised of white collar, upper crust types?

"there are some smart business men running the place" Really? Must be a bit of a secret society because looking at your club website, a number of key Committee positions are vacant (juniors and seniors) and those names that are there are hard working, long term clubbies but none that I would describe as "smart business men".

Who are these mysterious people funding Kala's recruitment drive?

PS We didn't ask you to provide your coaches CV; its irrelevant to this discussion.

Last edited by RumourMonger; 12-05-13 at 17:32.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Direct from the Kalamunda website. I only deal in facts and rumours NTT, not manufactured news.

Senior Committee

President Trevor Cook
    Vice President Jim Berry
    Secretary Vacant
    Financial Director Vacant
    Marketing Director Owen Stone
    Development Director Josh Heke
    Clubhouse Director Vacant
    Club Captain Kane Allen
    Membership Director Sharlene Heke
    Merchandise Sharlene Heke
    Club Registrar Vacant

Junior Committee

Junior President Graham England
    Junior Registrar Kimberly Murphy
    Secretary VACANT
    Junior Treasurer VACANT
    Volunteers Coordinator VACANT
    Under 13-16 Manager Soko W
    Under 6-12 Manager Sandy Sugden
    Grants Manager VACANT
    Member Protection Officers VACANT

Some key positions without bums on seats. Not the sign of a healthy club.

Reads like a desperate club trying to throw money at a quick fix solution.

A more realistic strategy would be to spend the clubs funds on lottery tickets so you can win millions of dollars!

Then you might wake up and realise its all been a bad dream and the mercenaries will have disappeared.

Focus on your club structure and the fundamentals NTT and you might turn the rudderless ship around.

Rookie
    vCash
    I think they are doing better than their website suggests. If they are paying $10grand to one player they are mugs but I think they are smarter than that.

Champion
    vCash
    Well NTT I got that bite I was fishing for because until you make that public apology you owe Brad Lacey I will keep stirring you up.You say you only bought 4 players in this year, I say that's bullshit and It's up to you to disapprove that.Will we see your coach this season running around putting cheap shot's on players this year cos last season he was a fucken disgrace and it was a blight on the ref's to not see what everyone else saw.Whoever you are RM whilst the personal attacks on a few guy's were a bit off I gotta love your style.RM for moderator

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Westie ... You can't nominate yourself for moderator via an alias ...

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Well. I'll be. "blue collar, brown nose types'".

That says it all.

Hillbillies with attitude.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast