Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Jordy Pereira

vCash
    According to this doc, Samoa have an A team, so he isn't country tied.

http://www.irb.com/mm/Document/LawsR...29/68/nsrt.pdf

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Firstly - Hardly call him a Kalamunda or Western Australian Product after playing 1 season (2012) here NTT... he didn’t even play for Kala in the MR 7s, he played for Fresh.

Secondly – Jordy had been working with Nestor up in the academy, Force A/Perth gold program last year.

Thirdly, which begs the question: Do you now require a 3 year residency to qualify for the Aust. U20s as you would for the Wallabies re Henry Speight?

PS. On ya Lacey!!

PPS. Jordy was Player of the Tournament during MR 7s in my eyes. Bloody machine!!

vCash

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Very, very cheeky by Wales, RSA and France.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    They don't have an A Team. And the U20 clause only kicks in if it plays another country who's next senior team is U20. So is really a disadvantage for them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    Thirdly, which begs the question: Do you now require a 3 year residency to qualify for the Aust. U20s as you would for the Wallabies re Henry Speight?
    !
    I am not sure if this is the case for the U20s though I may be wrong. Martin Johnson played for NZ U21's albeit a long while ago when he did a gap year.

On looking at the IRB regulations, the only reference to player eligibility relates to the First and Second National 15 a-side teams.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post
    They don't have an A Team. And the U20 clause only kicks in if it plays another country who's next senior team is U20. So is really a disadvantage for them.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Where does it say that?

Also, if it was a disadvantage, why would RSA not have the Emerging Springboks as their second national team?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDi View Post
    I am not sure if this is the case for the U20s though I may be wrong. Martin Johnson played for NZ U21's albeit a long while ago when he did a gap year.

On looking at the IRB regulations, the only reference to player eligibility relates to the First and Second National 15 a-side teams.
    I remember Johnson playing for King Country and the NZ Colts way back.

Still NTT is giving you all a bum steer about how much claim Kala have towards young Jordans rugby up bringing and Perth ties.

I also fully support Westies first post on this thread. Hopefully Jordan wants to continue living in Perth after the JRWC and be prepared to put in the hard yards here in WA for more than one season to be called a West Aust.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    Johnson was fast tracked back to England after being offered a big contract by Leicester and King country was where he met and married his wife.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Where does it say that?

Also, if it was a disadvantage, why would RSA not have the Emerging Springboks as their second national team?
    Regulation 8 somewhere. I remember trawling through it because of Shingler's issue of having played for Wales U20 but being selected for Scotland First team.

vCash
    Just had a look on the IRB JWC site and cant see his Jordie's name there? I hope its a misprint.

http://www.irb.com/jwc/teams/team=3784/index.html

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    Firstly - Hardly call him a Kalamunda or Western Australian Product after playing 1 season (2012) here NTT... he didn’t even play for Kala in the MR 7s, he played for Fresh.

Secondly – Jordy had been working with Nestor up in the academy, Force A/Perth gold program last year.

PS. On ya Lacey!!

PPS. Jordy was Player of the Tournament during MR 7s in my eyes. Bloody machine!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stadh View Post
    Posted via Mobile Device
    u obviously weren't watching Michael ruru from neddies he ripped our than apart
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Yeah Mikey Ruru - Solid Hawkes Bay # 9.

He didn't run 70 meters like Jordan did each time he touched the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chertubler View Post
    Dwayne needs to go has been crap for years so Much talent has been lost because of him.not taking anything away from guys who have done well but Dwayne is not the reason why they did.
    Disagree with you bloke, Nestors a very good Academy coach who has helped mould talented WA kids to a higher level. I hope Dwayne stays in WA and is given more support from Rugby WA and takes on a director of Academy type roll with more resources ie more coaches and trainers at his disposal.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast