Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lions 2013: Australia's selection posers ahead of three-Test series

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Godwin isn't exactly small he is listed at 93kg but that was pre season i think he would be heaver now.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Player
    vCash
    Godwin is good enough now, it didn't stop them putting in bam bam or JOC when they were young

I hear what you're saying Gigsy, my rankings only based on form
    Palu - too inconsistent and never lasts a game (this has been in last 2-3 years)
    McCabe - if the Wallabies play crash bash field position kick goal boring he's the man
    Vuna - not in the same form as Speight, Digby , Tomane and others this year
    Horne - exactly the same as Mccabe - big strong aggressive but he passes better on the freeway
    Saia Fainga - hard worker, annoying type player but not as consistent as Moore, Polota-Nau or Hanson - all of these three are better scrummagers. Against the Lions they'll need it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jt12 View Post
    Godwin is good enough now, it didn't stop them putting in bam bam or JOC when they were young
    That's true, but JOC is now an arrogant douche and Ban seems to have dodgy knees (his last two extended injury breaks have been knees and he's also had hamstring issues, maybe too much too young?
    I hear what you're saying Gigsy, my rankings only based on form
    Not sure where you're going here, I think you might be interpreting my selections as endorsements....it was actually exactly the opposite.
    Palu - too inconsistent and never lasts a game (this has been in last 2-3 years)
    Amen brother, Palu also goes missing in the important and tough moments....sometimes these moments encompass entire games!
    McCabe - if the Wallabies play crash bash field position kick goal boring he's the man
    Not entirely, the Irish had his ridiculously upright running style figured out in about 30 seconds and held him up every time he ran at them. If we want to crash ball, that's fine, but we want the ball back from the crash and bash, there are blokes who can do that better (A Finger comes to mind)
    Vuna - not in the same form as Speight, Digby , Tomane and others this year
    I see you are a sublime judge of rugby talent.......better than Robbie Deans, for sure.
    Horne - exactly the same as Mccabe - big strong aggressive but he passes better on the freeway
    Rob Horne? pass? can't remember ever seeing it, but I haven't intently watched every second of him playing.......did he drop the ball bacwards into a teammate's hands one time?
    Saia Fainga - hard worker, annoying type player but not as consistent as Moore, Polota-Nau or Hanson - all of these three are better scrummagers. Against the Lions they'll need it
    Not as strong in any area of the game as TPN or Moore (or Cheese, Robinson, or Tessman for my money) S Faingaa is a complete waste of oxygen in rugby terms, far too soft!

so, Yeah I would put money on Robbie Deans making at least one selection fuckup to get some of these blokes in a gold jersey, since he obviously sees something in them that I don't!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    and Ban seems to have dodgy knees (his last two extended injury breaks have been knees and he's also had hamstring issues, maybe too much too young?
    Have you seen the size of that boys legs?
    This is what can happen when you develop muscle over flexibility.

vCash
    Without any actual background in exercise theory or muscle development, it was pretty much the way I was thinking Dog.

the theory (only a theory mind) went, Bam plays in gold while young. Becomes a bit of a sensation, feels the need to develop more power, trains the house down, eats, breathes, sleeps weights, becomes a literal mountain, but accelerates the wear and tear on his joints. Added to that, his playing schedule is increased in both quantity and intensity, sealing the deal and (possibly) shortening his career.

I'm no sport scientist, so everything i just wrote might be an absolute fairytale, does anybody with actual qualifications in the field have a critique?

C'mon the

vCash
    If anyone has a ticket or 2 for the Lion v Western Force and discovered they are unable to attend for whatever reason I would like to get my hands on 2 or maybe 4 please

vCash
    Ticketmaster still have them

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    If anyone has a ticket or 2 for the Lion v Western Force and discovered they are unable to attend for whatever reason I would like to get my hands on 2 or maybe 4 please
    You will not believe my story but here goes.

Mr groper purchases tickets as he is working in Perth. Then gets secondment promotion but alas it is fifo working 5/2 4/3 so Wednesday game is nearly impossible to attend especially considering the groper family just got back off annual leave to NZ. Before leaving on annual leave mr groper received a letter requesting jury duty whilst on holiday so successfully deferred attendance. Two weeks back off holidays mr groper is still trying to wrangle a way to attend game. Mrs groper rings and says the rugby gods must love me as I have jury duty on the day before the game so effectively only have to take one day of annual leave to attend unless I am selected then hopefully those gods are still looking after me.

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

On a different note watching stormers and tahs game israel folau is going to be on the bench for the wallabies against the lions. Well at least that is my humble opinion.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Have a feeling JO'C may be an omission after that hit tonight, heard that it was not looking good. I hope they are wrong and he is fit and in the squad.

vCash
    Damn, I wish there were some Australia A fixtures this year!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Unfortunately, Deans favours the traditional #8 which Mowen is not (which is why we have had to put up with a half fit Palu for the past few seasons). I think Mowen deserves to be in the squad but if you are not going to pick him at 8 then he is competing with all the 6's, and we aren't short in that position.
    who did he have playing 8 at the crusaders? Kieren Read?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf1 View Post
    Have a feeling JO'C may be an omission after that hit tonight, heard that it was not looking good. I hope they are wrong and he is fit and in the squad.
    Didn't see the hit but read on Fox Sports Earlier that he was cleared of any injury

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/su...8#.UY-hRWthiSM

vCash
    This season, has any number 10 impressed anyone? For me, it's generally been Foley.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    JOC has some damage and might be out for a week or two at most.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2