Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Force v Reds - Game day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    How good has Tessmann been.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Agree wholeheartedly. Against the Crusaders and the Reds, he was all over the park, putting in a TON of work. Can't figure out if the lineout wobbles are his fault or the jumpers.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Apart from one Horewell comin around the side and then 5 mins later doing us for what looked no different.(having gone home to watch it as our big screens are OOO)
    I don't think the ref had any influence on the out come. A yellow card may have swung the balance but as I said watching it on tv nothing was as bad as it seemed at the time.
    Well, he was out of position when the Force were defending on their 5M line and missed Sheehan making a clean pilfer, only to have the Reds ballcarrier hanging onto the ball for dear life. Touchie HAD to have seen it - it was plain as day. Instead of a penalty for the Force, it was a scrum to the Reds, and they promptly scored their only try on the next series of phases. I would call that a BIG influence on the outcome!!

Maybe I'm a little bitter - I tipped the Force by 5 in SuperBru...

vCash
    LOL???!!! Apparently the Force are supposed to step back and ask first before picking up the ball in case Lord Genia wants it first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    Well, he was out of position when the Force were defending on their 5M line and missed Sheehan making a clean pilfer, only to have the Reds ballcarrier hanging onto the ball for dear life. Touchie HAD to have seen it - it was plain as day. Instead of a penalty for the Force, it was a scrum to the Reds, and they promptly scored their only try on the next series of phases. I would call that a BIG influence on the outcome!!

Maybe I'm a little bitter - I tipped the Force by 5 in SuperBru...
    totaly missed that must have been in the fridge. Will have to have another look.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    totaly missed that must have been in the fridge. Will have to have another look.
    It's at 70:26 game time.

vCash
    It wasn't as bad as that post makes it look, he also missed Sheehan pelting him with the ball and giving him a MASSIVE spray. At that point I was expecting Sheeno to get marched to the bin!

C'mon the

vCash
    The whining has started about the Force's tactics. Doubly glad Genia reneged on heading west. Seems the boys are really getting under their skin.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    I just saw genia on fox sports news. I am confused about what his complaint is!! Should we just let them run all over the park and stand by clapping them over the try line??
    Posted via Mobile Device

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    So when Simmons does it for Qld its smart play and when the Force do it, its not in the spirit of the game??

QUEENSLAND Reds scrumhalf Will Genia has accused the Western Force of playing outside the spirit of the game, claiming he was unfairly targeted in Saturday night's 11-11 Super Rugby draw at Perth's nib Stadium.

Genia's frustrations boiled over several times during the match after copping what he deemed was unfair attention.

At one stage, he and Matt Hodgson wrestled on the ground after the Force skipper delivered a driving tackle as Genia released the ball.

"It's just frustrating, because they're trying to keep you out of the game," Genia said.

"Like tackling you late, holding you off the ball, grabbing you and pulling you away from the rucks - all sorts of things.

"I don't think it's in the spirit of the game. It's annoying.

"You don't get the opportunity to play and get into the game.

"It's smart play by them if they're going to get away with it. But I think it needs to be policed better."

Genia's comments add to the bitter rivalry between the two sides, with Queensland rugby still fuming about how the Force poached so many of their star players when they were formed in 2006.

Interestingly, Genia agreed to join the Force last season, before doing a backflip and re-signing with the Reds.

Queensland director of coaching Ewen McKenzie said the Force frustrated, harassed and harangued his team, and said referee Rohan Hoffmann was made well aware of the mistreatment being dished out to Genia.

"The touch judges were talking about it to the refs, so it wasn't like it wasn't identified," McKenzie said.

Force coach Michael Foley defended his team's tactics.

"There was nothing that was untoward in what we did. We just tried to put as much pressure on their two key guys as best we could," Foley said in relation to Genia and five-eighth Quade Cooper.

"What we tried to do was put as much line speed as we could in our defence.

"We practised line speed all week. We felt we were a little bit passive against the Brumbies."

The Reds trailed 11-3 after Ben McCalman's 52nd-minute try, but the visitors dominated play from that point to secure the draw.

Reds skipper James Horwill endured a forgettable night.

The influential lock was substituted at halftime after having his head slammed into the turf during a strong tackle.

And there was further pain to come after the match, with the 27-year-old issued with an off-field yellow card for stamping on Force scrumhalf Pek Cowan during a third-minute breakdown.

The Reds have failed to beat the struggling Force in their past three encounters.

But McKenzie said he wasn't worried about the latest result, claiming his team were still well placed to secure a high ladder position.

"I'm not going to sit here and stress about it. We're further up the ladder than a lot of other teams," McKenzie said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/ru...-1226635460443

vCash
    So pek cowan is a halfback now is he? That aside genia has nothing to complain about as several of the reds were using spoiling and sheperding tactics all night
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Genias a princess.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Those in glass houses Will....

vCash
    The whiniest Bitch on the field and he has the temerity to complain. He has not given the Lions a heads up on how to get to him. Harangue him at the break down and hit Cooper often then game over.

Boo bleeding hoo to you Genia

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    THIS!!!

vCash
    Reds skipper James Horwill endured a forgettable night.

The influential lock was substituted at halftime after having his head slammed into the turf during a strong tackle.

And there was further pain to come after the match, with the 27-year-old issued with an off-field yellow card for stamping on Force scrumhalf Pek Cowan during a third-minute breakdown.

How does an off field and after the game Yellow card work ???????????
    Do we get 2 more points or does it mean they play with 14 men at the beginning of our next clash

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast