Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Restruture

Champion
    vCash

Restruture

I hope Rugby Wa and the CRAC are bracing themselves for a backlash with the decision to restructure the local comp due to be implemented from next weekend without any consultation or input from local clubs due to be released in the next few days.Watch this space.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I thought crac was something associated with Irishmen in a pub ...

But you seem to know something more Westie... spill your guts.

Rookie
    vCash
    Its not the one about only having three oveseas players in each grade is it . I heard that they have been pushing for this and the comp will be seven a side from now on .

vCash
    I haven't been paying too much attention to the likes of Joondalup, Lions, Curtin etc. over the past few years; however upon closer inspection I’ve just realised RUGBY WA have pushed these clubs from successfully competing in a TRUE THIRD grade comp, down to what is a SIXTH grade NOW....and Thrown in this pathetic CHAMPIONSHIP watered down comp as a sweetner.

How has this been allowed to happen over the past several years? These 2ND Tier clubs should be competing in a Third grade comp LIKE most Metro rugby structures in AUSTRALASIA!! They use to!!

EMBARRASSING RUGBY W.A balancing your books for the year, but fucking things up long term. “The fastest growing rugby comp in Australia”, really - AT THE EXPENSE OF COMMUNITY RUGBY!! Shame on you.

Rookie
    vCash
    Pacman , why would you say clubs like Wanneroo and Rocky are suffering in the prem ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Pat View Post
    Pacman , why would you say clubs like Wanneroo and Rocky are suffering in the prem
    Explain yourself!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 22-04-13 at 20:58.

Rookie
    vCash
    Whats your opinion on why some premiership clubs are struggling is this the fault of the newer clubs?

vCash
    Who says they're struggling...You? not going to be a great yr for the Roos, but everyone has off yrs. (Accept Neddies)

The 2nd tier clubs were fielding stronger 1st XVs 6-8 years ago ex pat.

FYI the only new clubs I'm aware of is a junior club well north and kwinana being the only new Snr club this century...
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Swans? West Scarborough?

May be rebrands, but technically new clubs are they not?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    I hope Rugby Wa and the CRAC are bracing themselves for a backlash with the decision to restructure the local comp due to be implemented from next weekend without any consultation or input from local clubs due to be released in the next few days.Watch this space.
    WTF - Westie, how come I didn't hear about this on the jungle drums?

Put your dick on the table - what's the goss?

PS did someone say that Hansie is a member of the CRAC Committee now? If so, what the hell is he up to? Don't tell me - Nedlands has an automatic entry to the grand final in each grade and all of the other clubs are now competing for a chance to play them?

Or is it worse Westie?

Whatever, Hansie would appear to have some explaining to do.

Last edited by RumourMonger; 22-04-13 at 23:34.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post
    Swans? West Scarborough?

May be rebrands, but technically new clubs are they not?
    nice one rugby ref ... remember a quick games a good game, nobody likes technical/boring. (No)
    Posted via Mobile Device

Player
    vCash
    Dear Pacman,
    Not your usual erudite self last night.
    Can't agree with your comments about the relative strength of the Championship Clubs. They are way above 6th grade standard.
    Results in the pre season "Cup" games indicate closer to top 3rd grade bottom 2nd grade for a couple of the Championship teams.
    Mandurah v Rocky was 14 - 12 Rocky with Rocky getting up at the bell.
    ARKS tonked Kalamunda's 3rd grade
    Curtin bt Palmyra.
    Say what you like about relevance and standard of teams etc... but at the end of the day those 3 Champ Clubs did OK against Prem club opposition. Results in the Championship since then confirm the competitiveness of two of those clubs with ARKS and Curtin early front runners.

vCash
    PBS
    You missed my point. I'm in full support of the Championship clubs, its RWA who are not. Please re-read my initial post.....
    My point is RWA pushed them down the ladder not allowing them to compete week in week out against Premier 3rd grade teams as they once did, now the Championship 1st grade is made up of six teams.
    I'm with you, they should be competing in 2nd/3rd grade every Saturday not 1 Wednesday a mouth .
    Posted via Mobile Device

Player
    vCash
    Just heard that rocky 2nd grade and 4th grade have been pushed into district comp how can rugby WA expect a club to travel to different places rugby WA you are a bunch of fuckwits you have no idea what you have done

Senior Player
    vCash
    Bastards!

How will Rocky 2nds back up their 1sts each week if they are away at some District club?

I smell another agenda, Rocky to be replaced by Joondalup in the Premier Comp in 2014?

Is this the only change Westie was on about?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast