Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Restruture

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    Who says they're struggling...You? not going to be a great yr for the Roos, but everyone has off yrs. (Accept Neddies)

The 2nd tier clubs were fielding stronger 1st XVs 6-8 years ago ex pat.

FYI the only new clubs I'm aware of is a junior club well north and kwinana being the only new Snr club this century...
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    PAC man you don't know a thing .wanneroo are in the same situation with second and third grade players in the premiership team.Any ideas why junior rich clubs are struggling like this,apart from their being zero loyalty in this state.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Part of Wanneroo's problem has been retaining juniors. Generally after U18/U19 they would either quit rugby or go to a more fashionable club. So we haven't really had the players to produce a competitive 1st grade side and have invariably had to rely on importing players. However in recent years, we have started to retain juniors and our U18 & U20s are pretty strong. Most of last years U20s are now playing in the senior grades for Wanneroo, which is great. But we are still a few years off being competitive in all grades I think and will have to still rely on importing players, which I hate. Their lack of loyalty and mercenary attitude p*sses me off.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Part of Wanneroo's problem has been retaining juniors. Generally after U18/U19 they would either quit rugby or go to a more fashionable club. So we haven't really had the players to produce a competitive 1st grade side and have invariably had to rely on importing players. However in recent years, we have started to retain juniors and our U18 & U20s are pretty strong. Most of last years U20s are now playing in the senior grades for Wanneroo, which is great. But we are still a few years off being competitive in all grades I think and will have to still rely on importing players, which I hate. Their lack of loyalty and mercenary attitude p*sses me off.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Rookie
    vCash
    Totally agree with you zed.what is the future of rugby in this state,clubs who support developement or clubs who invest nothing into junior ranks and grab buy ins and raid other clubs.These junior clubs need protection .
    Posted via Mobile Device

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Pat View Post
    Totally agree with you zed.what is the future of rugby in this state,clubs who support developement or clubs who invest nothing into junior ranks and grab buy ins and raid other clubs.These junior clubs need protection .
    Posted via Mobile Device
    There is an argument that the role of the "junior" clubs is to feed players to the premier clubs. That's the system elsewhere and its accepted.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
    There is an argument that the role of the "junior" clubs is to feed players to the premier clubs. That's the system elsewhere and its accepted.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    What a great idea!.Why can't we get everyone on board with that one.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Pat View Post
    PAC man you don't know a thing .wanneroo are in the same situation with second and third grade players in the premiership team.Any ideas why junior rich clubs are struggling like this,apart from their being zero loyalty in this state.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Firstly - Wanneroo are the first to acknowledge they haven't spent big $$ buying in premier-graders this year. They’re bringing their 20's & other younger graders throu. Which I applaud.

You allude to Newer clubs affecting the Roodogs ?!

Joondalup est. 1997 & along with the Roo's can proudly boost the largest Jnr ranks in the state. Joondalup are not diluting the Roo's ranks.

Secondly - Rockingham, unfortunately haven’t consistently fielded strong and competitive teams since being promoted back into premier grade 9-10 years ago along.

You’re alluding newer clubs affecting Rocky?! Mandurah est. in 1994 have actually moved further away from Rocky in recent years. The Lions est. in 1987 only moved closer to Rocky in 2010.

Again Rocky have struggled 80% of the time since promotion and in recent years Rugby League has been their biggest nemesis and the Navy play a large part in strengthening the 2nd, 3rd & 4ths when in town.

FIFO doens't help either; the likes of Rocky, Kala, Baysie, ARKS and the Roo dogs would be preforming a lot more consistently in all grades if not for their family working structures. Such in life though..... The working man clubs, real community clubs who provide the bulk of Jnr Rep teams. (along with other outer sub clubs)

Watch ARKS in the Championship this year, the former Premier grade club are looking the goods!!

I may not have a wealth of knowledge on W.A rugby or 'Know a Thing' like you ex pat, however I do give a shit about club rugby here in W.A unlike yourself. You mention; zero loyalty in this state - You know nothing ex pat!! You disrespect all Rugby Volunteers in this great State. Get out from your keyboard, get your feet on the ground, help out at a club, instead of being a whinger...

JOON 1997 - PIRATES 1994 - LIONS 1987 - ARKS 1974 - CURTIN 1969
    ROO DOGS 1980 – ROCKY 1972 - KALA 1970 - WESTS 1932

Last edited by Pacman; 24-04-13 at 13:45.

Champion
    vCash
    Fulvio - anybody that casts personal insults onto our RugbyWA personnel who put in long hours and work darn hard is a low life. Especially if those throwing the insults do so without any investigation into why decisions are made.

I would like to think you play the ball and not the man and therefore I don't think of you as a low life.

Champion
    vCash
    Just checked how many teams in championship division and there are 6 soon to be 7 with the addition of Rocky in 2 grades so that in turn will create a bye.The 2nd and 4th grade in premiership grades will now both have a bye with the loss of Rocky in 2 grades. So by my reckoning that's say 22 players per team x 4 teams =88 minimum players a week missing out on a game of rugby each weekend.That's not what I call growing the game.People and rightfully so can say look at the bigger picture but when you've paid for something and now the situation has changed there has to be reimbursement.Our subs for example are 450 divided by 18 games=25 x 2 games = 50 dollars per player not to mention the insurances clubs have to stump up for each season for 18 not 16 games so my question is this will the WARU be reimbursing clubs for the above amounts plus the loss of bar taking's etc.One last rant I don't personally think CRAC or Rugby WA have anything but the absolute best interests of rugby or Rocky at heart and are all passionate true rugby gentlemen but they fucked this one up.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    Bastards!

How will Rocky 2nds back up their 1sts each week if they are away at some District club?
    Fair question and I'll give you a fair answer followed by a question to you.

Rocky will have 7 players each week from Reserve grade back up Prems. For home games at Lark Hill the entire club plays together ( RugbyWA) have had to restructure the draw to accommodate that. So, Rocky Reserve grade can play their match against Championship club and back up their Premier Grade. For away games it does become more difficult, however it is expected the balance of Reserve grade combined with 4ths should still be able to be competitive in Championship 1st grade away games.

Now the question for you: As the season goes on: Who would back up Rocky Reserve grade in the Premier comp.?

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post

I may not have a wealth of knowledge on W.A rugby or 'Know a Thing' like you ex pat, however I do give a shit about club rugby here in W.A unlike yourself. You mention; zero loyalty in this state - You know nothing ex pat!! You disrespect all Rugby Volunteers in this great State. Get out from your keyboard, get your feet on the ground, help out at a club, instead of being a whinging pom... or piss off home!!

JOON 1997 - PIRATES 1994 - LIONS 1987 - ARKS 1974 - CURTIN 1969
    ROO DOGS 1980 – ROCKY 1972 - KALA 1970 - WESTS 1932
    Don't mince your words Pacman

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    I think Pacman makes a good point. No new clubs since 1997.
    The population of Perth is growing exponentially around 80,000 last year alone. Should there be more clubs out there.
    Thinking back around 30 years the population of Perth was about 700,000 and there was about 60 teams playing in the senior comp each week. Now the poultaion is close to 2m around three times what it was and there are now about 90 teams.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Fair question and I'll give you a fair answer followed by a question to you.

Rocky will have 7 players each week from Reserve grade back up Prems. For home games at Lark Hill the entire club plays together ( RugbyWA) have had to restructure the draw to accommodate that. So, Rocky Reserve grade can play their match against Championship club and back up their Premier Grade. For away games it does become more difficult, however it is expected the balance of Reserve grade combined with 4ths should still be able to be competitive in Championship 1st grade away games.

Now the question for you: As the season goes on: Who would back up Rocky Reserve grade in the Premier comp.?
    Does this idea of having 7 fresh reserves work effectively at other clubs? I know where I play it has been tried before and went down like a bit of a lead balloon. I know from my point of view I would rather be playing a full game of rugby no matter what grade, rather than playing a cameo ten minutes off the bench at the end of a game in a grade above.

But I agree that you can argue this both ways and it seems like there is not a perfect solution to this issue.

Champion
    vCash
    not to mention the insurances clubs have to stump up for each season
    Westies. RugbyWA are paying the insurance.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast