Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Restruture

Rookie
    vCash
    I wonder who the Community Rugby Manager is .........

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    How is a club suppose to ask players to pay fees and then sit on the bench hoping that they might get a run rugby WA you are a complete joke I always thought you guys had no idea but this really takes the cake

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    You don't have to take it, Chertubler. There are competition rules and there is a Constitution. Call a special meeting and have it thrown out. Don't be afraid to use the legal system.

They are only able to abuse their position because the clubs allow them to.

vCash
    The problem remains as it always has been Fulvio. Too many votes in the hands of the Board and Life members, and the lack of voting support from some of the City Clubs who are only interested in what they want for their club. No problem with the Club's taking that line, as they should pursue what they perceive to be best for their members, but to me the future for growing Club rugby in WA does not look good.

Champion
    vCash
    No club gets asked if they support Rocky remaining a premier club or not that's the problem

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bunter View Post
    The problem remains as it always has been Fulvio. Too many votes in the hands of the Board and Life members, and the lack of voting support from some of the City Clubs who are only interested in what they want for their club. No problem with the Club's taking that line, as they should pursue what they perceive to be best for their members, but to me the future for growing Club rugby in WA does not look good.
    Supposedly there is some sort of plan that this forms part of - this can't be a/the solution. I'd like to see what the idea is - do Rugby WA owe an explanation/clarification of what splitting the club is intended to do?. I'd be surprised if Rugby WA could do this without any consultation with Rockingham.

vCash
    The Rocky situation has been 10 years in the making. It's not an overnight knee jerk decision by RWA. Wait and see what RWA says in it's press release first before assuming anything. Competition rules and constitution are in place for both parties, therefore both parties have obligations to fulfil, like number of teams fielded, competitiveness of said teams, consultation to rectify any breach of obligation, arbitration etc.
    The formation of the Championship division is to a) to give these clubs a better structure model, b) make the Championship division more prestigious then 3rd grade and place more emphasis on whole club results, d) give RWA a better understanding of how dominant the better Championship clubs are with a view to promotion/relegation in the future. The midweek cup comp is to give Championship clubs games against 2nd grade teams for RWA to gauge progress of development and likely competitiveness if promotion is to occur.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash

vCash
    "I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help."

Champion
    vCash
    Conspiracy advocates are amateurs compared to you guys. Sprouting forth with out asking Why? Just making assumptions without the facts? Sharia Law has nothing on you guys... forget the right to hear both prosecution and defence - Nah lets become vigilantes, character assassinate someone who works all hours to their very best for our comp.

Question the decision, ask questions, but don't be a low life and personally insult someone when you have no idea of the history or even who he is???

If this comp is going to grow the way you all want it it to, it needs level heads, critical constructive and positive ideas... Which one of you is prepared to put your hand up?

Rookie
    vCash
    I am prepared to stand up Hansie
    This is a forum to discuss rugby and the periphials around it.
    The truth will come out in the right forum and then those CRAC members will be held accountable for their decisions made now in the future.
    To grow rugby and be in a position to assist clubs to grow starts with integrity and if you can't read between the lines continue on with your rhetoric to CYA and I will reveal all

vCash
    It seems fairly logical to me. Rockingham don't have the players to be competitive in grades 1, 2, 3 & 4. You look at Nedlands 3rd grade for example and their team is full of ex first graders, some could still probably play 1st grade - Rockingham can't compete with that. Clubs like Neddies and Cott don't have 15 players of first grade calibre, they have 30+. Their reserves would be competitive if they played in the Premiership and I would imagine a lot of their reserves players would play 1st grade at some point in the season. Whereas Rockingham (and also other clubs such as Wanneroo) simply don't have that luxury. Their reserves would probably lose against Nedlands 4ths. And what results, is that the team gets thrashed, players leave and the club has to forfeit in that division which means the opposing teams then have a bye and miss out on a game. It's not ideal that some Rockingham teams now play in different competition to their Premiership team, but it makes sense from a competitive point of view.

vCash
    Splitting a club's prem/ reserve grade simply ludicrous ... this will over extend the playing numbers already stretched and make it impossible to resource, giving rise to more injuries & player departures and ignoring any duty of care from a governing union. Surely RWA know this and the stink of 'agenda' is so obvious.

Can RWA explain itself as to their decision making and how this plan of action will benefit anyone; the comp, clubs, Rocky themselves ... and why mid season ?

If clubs think this is ridiculous, the decisions made need to be public and club officials should make public their support of Rocky as a Prem club and demand a vote or similar on this ... good to see the support on these pages already though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Splitting a club's prem/ reserve grade simply ludicrous ... this will over extend the playing numbers already stretched and make it impossible to resource, giving rise to more injuries & player departures and ignoring any duty of care from a governing union. Surely RWA know this and the stink of 'agenda' is so obvious.

Can RWA explain itself as to their decision making and how this plan of action will benefit anyone; the comp, clubs, Rocky themselves ... and why mid season ?

If clubs think this is ridiculous, the decisions made need to be public and club officials should make public their support of Rocky as a Prem club and demand a vote or similar on this ... good to see the support on these pages already though.
    But the other option is keeping Rockinghams teams in divisions where they are not competitive and what results is that they lose players and end up having to forfeit games like they did last year.

vCash
    Hansie, there are many pejorative epithets you could legitimately direct at me, and no doubt at other contributors to this forum. "Low life" is not one of them.

Please withdraw that imputation or I will have no further truck with you.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast