Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Hurricanes v Force 19th April 2013

vCash
    Think that hand injury is the problem.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    ran into Michael Foley right after the game,he has invited us to the captains run in Canberra

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    To come away with a bonus point against the Hurricanes after a 6 day turn around and 7000 km flight is a great effort.

The boys should be proud of it.

They threw their hearts, souls and the fricken kitchen sink at the Crusaders they have every right to be feeling some pain today.

All things considered we have a team of players that are showing great heart and commitment for each other and for us, the sea of blue.

What is becoming obvious is that we are lacking a genuine line breaker and game changer.

Michael Foley is developing a culture that will see players want to come to Perth I think next years recruitment drive and the following years is going to become a far easier prospect than previous years.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Reading the articles online this morning.

Foles was quoted saying "we're heading in the right direction, but it's not always a straight line"

Really apt.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I have yet to se the game because of work commitments but to come away with a bonus point loss as per Ex's comments was an awesome effort. TBH I thought we be smashed by the canes so I am pretty happy with th eefforts put in. Foley is buildin a team for the future and when the recruitment drive comes around I feel he will be looking for some game changers.

vCash
    Just saw the game stats on smh . We won every stat except points! If we keep going like that we ll get a few more victories this year. Most important game for us is reds at home then brumbies I think
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I thought they went pretty well overall, even in the first half. Unfortunately, they couldn't finish off or build on any of the breaks and momentum. Haven't yet developed that killer instinct.

My MOTM would be Tesseman. He seemed to be everywhere, both in attack and defense. Haven't been that impressed by him so far, but he stepped up for this game. Lineout was much better this week as well. Wykes went fairly well in the lineout, but I agree with many other commentors - Lynn had a crap game.

I also thought Junior did fairly well too, but I appear to be in the minority. He's not a ball-playing 12 like Godwin, so if that's what you're looking for, you 'aint gonna see it! He led the team in meters.

SNK was pretty average and telegraphed a few passes, and should buy Stanley a beer for giving him a pretty sweet hospital pass.

Hayward did well, making some good breaks, but then threw crap passes to blow the whole movement. I think Dellitt needs to be on the bench. He's adding nothing to the attack.

Brown had another strong game as well.

Overall, it was a decent showing - just a lot of errors to kill promising movements.

vCash
    The only other couple of things that really frustrated me to watch was when Pisi slipped through for that 3rd try and all the Force guys seemed rooted to the floor and just watched and also another instance when the pass was missed the ball rolled back free and they all again seemed to be dreaming and just looked at it till a Hurricanes player just picked it up and ran! That's the stuff that's most annoying.

vCash
    Overall, after all this discussion, does anybody else on this forum feel that we should have won that game? I still think we let it get away.

Last edited by chibi; 21-04-13 at 23:24.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    I feel like we made too many mistakes to really warrant a win, but then the Hurricanes switched off and we were close enough that it should have been a 50:50 call. As it is, I think the team (and especially the refs) still have a mindset that the Force will lose close games, and so we do.

The Tahs seem to have the ability to do the opposite: win games when not playing well. That's how such a poor team is 4-4 and we're 2-7; I don't think there's much between us otherwise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I feel like we made too many mistakes to really warrant a win, but then the Hurricanes switched off and we were close enough that it should have been a 50:50 call. As it is, I think the team (and especially the refs) still have a mindset that the Force will lose close games, and so we do.

The Tahs seem to have the ability to do the opposite: win games when not playing well. That's how such a poor team is 4-4 and we're 2-7; I don't think there's much between us otherwise.
    I think that's the main issue. We need to convince themselves and everyone else that we are going to win the games in the last 10 minutes, until we do we're gonna get dodgy calls and the lads will be hanging for the siren to get another loss over with. Defence it's always easier to defend the lead than chase it. Seeing as our defence is fantastic most of the time we need to be ahead with 15 to go, but then go looking for the bonus point or to deny the opposition one

vCash
    In hindsight, resting Godwin may have cost us the gamebreaker we needed. Either that or Ebersohn should have been at inside-centre.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Did anyone else get completely pi$$ed off when the Kiwi commentators kept mentioning Alcock when Hodgson had the ball ?

If they can't even recognise our captain, they shouldn't be calling the ******* game !!!

vCash

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by kipper_mckinnon View Post
    Did anyone else get completely pi$$ed off when the Kiwi commentators kept mentioning Alcock when Hodgson had the ball ?

If they can't even recognise our captain, they shouldn't be calling the ******* game !!!
    They are Kiwis after all. Their I.Q. rarely gets above room temperature.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kipper_mckinnon View Post

id prefer the kiwis to the three stooges though. they are a bunch of fuckwits.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast