Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: O'Connor hints at Force return

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Would you support him if he threw on a force jersey next year?
    Or was the difference between winning & losing a game?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I wouldn't say never, but I think he's a douche and accept that sometimes douches will play with the Force. I supported Dunning eventually and he left the club with me valuing his services to us, but wearing a force jersey doesn't automatically qualify you as a paragon of virtue.

Evidence? I have slagged Winston Stanley mercilessly on this forum (probably a bit harsher than he has deserved truth be told) I wasn't an automatic fan of Matt Dunning but came to appreciate him, I thought Gits would be the making of a dynasty, but in 18 months was ragging him as bad as anybody (yes, it did start before he left), Digby? thought he was great until he backed out of an agreed deal, Genia...same same, Pocock? still think he's a great player and a great bloke, but he's lost something in his game, he's no longer the unquestioned first pick in the Wallabies and I'm starting to think Mike Hooper looks a lot like Bam did three or four years ago.

If Judas does come back, it'll harbour the POSSIBILITY of a tick in the good boys column, but even that isn't enough. If the Force bend over and lube up to get him here then I'll still think he's a petulant twat and he'll have to prove himself other ways. If he demonstrates some honour and bravery, yes, I'll change my opinion of him.

It's all about what type of man they are, not what jersey they wear (unless it's a tahs jersey, the mere decision to align with that cesspool is evidence of character flaws!)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    That is the joy of supporting a club. You will always get knobs that come in to the team. Nowhere does it say you have to like them as an individual, but they get some sort of support because of the team they are in.
    In the world of professional sports I know players will come and go, but surly they can go about these transfers in a professional way. That is what pulls me offside with some players.

vCash
    Call me naive but I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's captaining the rebels when delve is out. Delve is a high class player. You'd have to think that they're not stupid enough to give him the captaincy when he abuses it.

The flip side is thuggery captained them last week... So am still skeptical
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Could be given the captaincy to retain his services, wouldn't be the first time that has happened. If he has changed his spots well good on him, but IMO that remains to be seen whether he plays for us or someone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddly View Post
    Could be given the captaincy to retain his services, wouldn't be the first time that has happened. If he has changed his spots well good on him, but IMO that remains to be seen whether he plays for us or someone else.
    Point taken.
    I'm still skeptical as well - but (at the risk of sounding arrogant) tbh I hope he does come here and prove us all wrong.

If he does come & it's more of the same I'll happily eat my words and trash talk him with the best of them
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I hope you are right. Would be more than happy to lower my own colours on this one!

Last edited by Muddly; 12-04-13 at 10:49.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I hope he does come here and prove us all wrong.
    As do I and (IMHO) anybody who really cares for the force.

I think that would be the only possible way of him digging himself out of the hole he's created, the maths looks like this

He didn't really want to leave the Force, he just wanted to screw them to the wall in contracting and set himself up for life off one contract
    He was poorly advised by his management and didn't pick the moment to back down and sign
    He shat himself when the Force told him to piss off
    He signed with the only franchise which would take him so he could keep his ARU contract
    He's learned his lesson through spending two years with a bunch of mercenary tosspots

He comes back to the force, with a renewed attitude, negotiates a contract wisely, knowing that he is still a valuable commodity, but doesn't walk on water
    He gets in the team, works hard, does what the coach wants and gives his all every game
    He stops talking himself up and begins to talk about the team

This scenario will make me (and I'm sure many others) change my opinion about him and start hailing him for the champion he SHOULD be!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    He was poorly advised by his management and didn't pick the moment to back down and sign
    I reckon these two would be bookies favourites

vCash

I think that would be the only possible way of him digging himself out of the hole he's created, the maths looks like this

He didn't really want to leave the Force, he just wanted to screw them to the wall in contracting and set himself up for life off one contract
    He signed with the only franchise which would take him so he could keep his ARU contract
    He's learned his lesson through spending two years with a bunch of mercenary tosspots

He comes back to the force, with a renewed attitude, negotiates a contract wisely, knowing that he is still a valuable commodity, but doesn't walk on water
    He gets in the team, works hard, does what the coach wants and gives his all every game
    He stops talking himself up and begins to talk about the team

This scenario will make me (and I'm sure many others) change my opinion about him and start hailing him for the champion he SHOULD be!
    gigs
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash

We live in hope!

vCash

James O'Connor

He is talking about coming back. Lets not forget the protracted contract 'negotiations' he put the club through when he first stiffed us. From memory it was months and months of ridiculous demand after demand, I think culminating in him demanding a U2esque inspired rider before home games consisting of french sparkling mineral water, activated almonds and 2 bags of snakes with all of the red ones removed that finally pushed the club over the edge.

We spoke about this at the time, how he used us as a bargaining chip to look after 'Brand O'Connor'.

Brand O'Connor has taken a hit as of late, his stuff with Puma fell in a heap, that stupid tactic where you had to send in a pic of yourself wearing Puma Rugby boots 'in the most unusual situation' to win a pair of signed boots never took off. I think they got two entries.

His 14 years of injuries when he joined the Rabble certainly didn't help his brand it has to be said, no one knows him in Melbourne, no one cares about him in Melbourne, that must sting him a bit. His brand is running out of legs...

One of the unfortunate aspects of high performance contact sports is you only have a small window to really dominate (unless your name is Dan Carter). His down time with the Rebels might mean he has missed that window, or its coming close to it closing.

The real test will be against the Lions, but after seeing these NZ blokes coming though, I'm afraid James might be a little too small and a touch too slow, we will see.

One thing is for sure, 'Brand O'Conner' is not what it used to be. I just really hope the Force don't take this 'superstar' back.

Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    O'Connor has bolked up. he is faster, stronger and more elusive than he ever was. he now has more experience. The Force should sign him quickly whilst the Rabble are in disarray and his mate Kurtley is at AA. Strike whilst the iron is hot. The Rabble may go on an end of season winning streak and he'll resign. The best time is always today.

get O'Connor.

we could have got Folau last year but "gimps are us" signed a bunch of bogans that are invisible in Perth grade rugby.

Controversy corner

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    i like that rationale Rex

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    James O'Connor not in my plans, says Waratahs coach Michael Cheika
    BY:BRET HARRIS From: The Australian May 29, 2013 12:00AM

NSW Waratahs coach Michael Cheika has denied speculation he is talking to Wallabies playmaker James O'Connor, but won't rule out doing so in the future.

Full Article here.............

vCash
    Now I'd agree that they can't fit him under the salary cap as one of their reasons.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast