Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Brand O Connor Here we go again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    O'Connor hasn't done much lately for there to be a reason to need him in any team. Yes he burst onto the scene in an overhyped way but he is not a game changing must have. He doesn't change games through individual brilliance or make the players around him better. He is still the arrogant little knob he was when he came here as a 17 year old. Right now i'm not even sure he's the 4th best fullback in Australia. Mogg, Mafi and Folau are playing much better rugby at the moment. I doubt he'll even be a Wallaby in a years time.
    I'd agree. I don't think he's been anywhere near as good as he was a couple of seasons ago. Maybe because of coming back from injury, or because of the team he's playing with.......???

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Maybe he's putting his social life before rugby..and he's still very legendry in his own lunchbox....????

vCash
    Despite everything I would be happy to see him heading back west!

vCash
    There's no way he would head back here, surely?

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Depends. He'll go where the money is & what he thinks is best for him. Just like everyone else.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    When you say Toomua do you men lilo? Toomua is a 10
    My bad, they're both 10s really, I thought they were playing the other way round.

I reckon either of them would make that list.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Even I have to disagree with you there NTT Judas is a hell of a player, elusive and quick runner, solid defense and he'll take anybody on. As for making the players around him better, he does as long as the other players know their place, clean out, or run lines off him being tackled to grab the offload. He will ALWAYS take it to the line and expect to get through, other players are secondary in his mind.

He's an arse, but he deserves a Wallaby call up. The top 12s in oz would be

Judas
    Kyle
    Toomua
    Tapuaii
    Nobody from the Tahs (let's face it, Tom Carter was in the mix until a couple of weeks ago)

I would put judas at 1 or 2 in that list. I would have all 4 in the squad and probably pick three to hang around. Kyle will get a look at Wallabies, but the match day players will be Judas and Taps, I'm not convinced Kyle is better than Matty Toomua yet....injuries might play a part.
    All the chatter about judas coming back is annoying. pretty sure i read somewhere he burnt his bridges with the brumbies after the last time he dealt with them.Judas is an arse. I was over him even before he left. He had the oppurtunity to show what he's really made of and show some leadership in the backline but often caught him with hands on hips blaming everyone else with a face like a cats arsehole. If memory serves me correct our gameplan was give the ball to judas and hopes something happens. The backline was less dysfunctional when he didnt play due to injury and and am pretty sure we won those games as well. Bring back Zack Holmes and Dane Haylett Petty(FB cover)

vCash
    Hoolly - Who every said he was a leader. Just because he was and is a sublime talent, why does this make him a leader of men (at 20 when he was here) - the game plan comes from the coach not from the players and well enough said about past coaches - off field ego issues aside IMO he is still a Wallaby and a game breaker on his day.. more so than most out there.

Re Zack and DHP - Agree totally. With a new set up here, there is no humble pie to eat so make them an offer for 2014 and get them all on the books..

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3