Thread: 2013 Perth Premier Grade Draw Official Release

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

2013 Perth Premier Grade Draw Official Release

Associates and Nedlands will square off in a grand final replay when they clash in the first round of the 2013 Pindan Premier Grade on Sunday, 7 April.

The release of the Pindan Premier Grade draw sees Soaks head to The Foreshore to face the 2012 minor premiers after overcoming them in last year’s decider, 23-17.

The first round will also see semi-finalists Cottesloe and UWA square off at Harvey Field, Palmyra host the newly-named and recently relocated Wests Scarborough at Tompkins Park, Perth Bayswater will travel to Kingsway to face Wanneroo, while Kalamunda and Rockingham will face off at Hartfield Park.

Each side will play the other nine both home and away with semi-finals to be contested on the weekends of Saturday/Sunday, 17/18 August, and Saturday, 24 August, and grand finals held on Saturday, 31 August and Sunday, 1 September.

The Premiership competition will feature five grades, plus Under 20, Under 18 and Women’s competitions. In 2013, WA senior rugby will also feature a new Championship division featuring three grades plus involvement in the Under 18’s and Women’s competitions.

RugbyWA’s Manager Community Rugby, Andrew Hill, says initiatives have been taken to continue the Pindan Premier Grade’s rise as the fastest developing Premier Rugby competition in the country.

“We’ve been very excited by not only the growth, but the improved quality of the Pindan Premier Grade over the past few seasons and the significant improvement in standard of the Championship clubs,” he said.

“We’ve put a renewed focus on bridging the gap between club rugby and the Emirates Western Force, with a view to seeing more local products representing WA in Super Rugby.

“One of these initiatives is the employment of former Emirates Western Force scrumhalf Justin Turner to assist the clubs in drafting and implementing strength and conditioning programs to assist in their physical preparations and help them strive to achieve benchmarks expected of players at a Super Rugby level.

“The clubs have also been active in setting up academies as well as developing improved coaching structures and pre-season schedules.”

Draws in PDF format Attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I've updated the fixtures in the database, so the Outlook / iCal / Calendar import file should be correct now:

http://twf.com.au/perth_2013_fixture...ook_import.php

They are here in HTML format too: http://twf.com.au/view.php?pg=2013-perth-premier-comp

BTW - clubs or anyone can feel free to create and redistribute the calendar import file

Did I mention Perth premier grade tipping comp?

Last edited by Darren; 28-03-13 at 21:31. Reason: added
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Justin Turner? A barely 23 year old set to run and organise strength and conditioning programs for Coaches who were turning out first grade squads while he was still shitting yellow?

Give me a break. Mickey Mouse bullshit from RugbyWA trying to kid us into thinking they are actually doing something without having to make an effort, you know, like coming up with a program involving spending money, experienced personnel, a plan and a potential positive outcome.

I give up.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Is WA Rugby trying to keep the local comp a secret? Never any publicity.....but with all the people working in their palace, I do think they could have posted the draw by now. Nothing there except last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasco View Post
    Is WA Rugby trying to keep the local comp a secret? Never any publicity.....but with all the people working in their palace, I do think they could have posted the draw by now. Nothing there except last year.
    Agree - been watching their fixtures page for a while and it's still showing 2012 as at today's date.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasco View Post
    Just need to look

http://www.westernforce.com.au/NewsE...1/Default.aspx

http://www.westernforce.com.au/NewsE...1/Default.aspx

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Champion
    vCash
    Fulvio, let me take a little umbrage at your critique over Justin Turner's appointment.

A 23 year old with top tier rugby experience and possibly a degree in sports science will certainly have a few titbits of new concepts, methods and ideas.

I bet you have even added a few apps to you new smart phone so you can keep up with the times??

I say any kid with a Cv and personality like Justin should be given the chance to add value, woe be to the old crusty coach who ignores this initiative.