Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How crap are the Waratahs?

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    i thought they got it right with AAC's try he didnt move his body in a second movement, merely stretched around and placed the ball BUT... 5 years ago he wouldve made that look easy, this try came with a LOT of effort surprised he even made it there..

the fumbles and lack of finishing certainly made them look ordinary and at times the cheetahs punished their lack of intensity around the edges of the ruck.
    I don't. I think the part when AAC went to ground was a 50/50. Once on the ground he has to place the ball immediately. I am pretty sure it was a good few seconds before he went for the try line.

That is irrelevant anyway because Paddy Ryan ran obstruction for AAC in the first place.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    To be fair, the cheetahs look awfully good at times. They are killer at turnover time. We will see how good they are next week I guess...

Also, the tahs are awful. I'm surprised they didn't get booed off again
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Discuss....
    I have a thousand word essay prepared,

In summary, it's basically the word very repeated 999 times followed by the word crap.

C'mon the

vCash
    I must admit I wish we were taking on most of the other teams at the moment because the Cheetahs are playing well and are deadly in attack.
    Their defence is fairly solid. After two wins on the road they may (hopefully) be a bit laid back. (I hope)
    This weekend is not going to be a walk over but the boys have got the b@lls and guts to do it.
    Go the Force.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Waratahs are bottom of the Aussie conference

Good riddance!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I must admit I wish we were taking on most of the other teams at the moment because the Cheetahs are playing well and are deadly in attack.
    Their defence is fairly solid. After two wins on the road they may (hopefully) be a bit laid back. (I hope)
    This weekend is not going to be a walk over but the boys have got the b@lls and guts to do it.
    Go the Force.
    For another week, all I want to see from the boys is consistency of effort. If we play like we have for the past two games I'll be happy, win or lose (if we play like that though, the win is a strong possibility)

C'mon the

vCash
    http://www.superxv.com/news/super15_...6#.UUUkAnArS69

"Cheika wants the Waratahs to keep the ball in hand but the traditional Waratahs game of kicking the ball away appears to be a habit the players are finding hard to drop.

Following their third straight loss to the Cheetahs Cheika has been forced to concede that changing the players mindset might take months before they embrace his new ball-in-hand culture.

"That's the only fair thing to say because maybe not everyone is into the identity that we want to have," Cheika told the Canberra Times."

What we could add to this article is that the Western Force seem to have readily embraced a complete change of approach - and last night it started paying off.

vCash
    The Waratahs problem is not style based, it's attitude based. I watched their last couple of games and all i can see is 22 players who are not prepared to have a red hot crack. Too many of their forwards are just not prepared to work off the ball to reset their playing systems, which i might add are confusing to watch. Their backs also do not know how to reallign in depth, straighten before passing when required and running onto a ball at pace. Also i get the feeling they have a culture problem after watching the Cheika/Mitchell fallout on the Rugby HQ.
    Robbie Deans has not helped their cause either by continually selecting Tahs players for higher honours when they have done nothing to deserve selection.
    All in all, a complacent bunch of arrogant princesses who have no passion outside of self interest.

Also, extremely crap.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2