Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Force V Reds

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Reds make three backline changes

AAP
    Updated March 14, 2013,
    7:25 am

One-Test Wallabies flyer Luke Morahan has been recalled to the Queensland Reds side in one of three backline changes for Saturday night's Super Rugby clash with the Western Force.

Morahan was dumped from the Reds 22 for last weekend's 23-13 win over the Melbourne Rebels but will make his first run-on start of the year with wingers Digby Ioane (stood down) and Dom Shipperley (back) unavailable.

Boom teenager Chris Feauai-Sautia will start on the left wing while Morahan, who started at fullback in last year's first Test against Scotland, will be on the right at Suncorp Stadium.

As expected, Wallabies halfback Will Genia will make his return from a knee reconstruction at halfback and is set to play the first half before handing the captaincy reins back to James Slipper.

Young No.9 Nick Frisby has kept his spot in the 22 ahead of Ben Lucas and will play the second half following his stand-out display against the Rebels.

Queensland had initially dropped veteran lock Adam Wallace-Harrison from the bench but he was hastily reinstated on Thursday morning after Radike Samo injured his knee at training.

Back-rower Jarrad Butler has been added to the bench in anticipation of a fierce breakdown contest with the Force.
    Queensland Reds: Jono Lance, Luke Morahan, Anthony Faingaa, Ben Tapuai, Chris Feauai-Sautia, Quade Cooper, Will Genia; Jake Schatz, Liam Gill, Ed Quirk, Ed O'Donoghue, Rob Simmons, James Slipper, Saia Faingaa, Greg Holmes. Res: James Hanson, Albert Anae, Adam Wallace-Harrison, Jarrad Butler, Nick Frisby, Mike Harris, Aidan Toua.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...kline-changes/

I can't belive Mike Harris is on the bench!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Not many wins for us in that team.

We would have the wood over them at 2, 4 (If that's the Maddness) possibly 9 and on a great day 14 (assuming that's where Alfi lines up) apart from that we have a chance of some good things from Faulkner and Pek, but not much good news anywhere else on the park.

I guess we have to hope that they approach the game overconfident and the match against the Bulls wasn't a fluke for us!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Not many wins for us in that team.

I guess we have to hope that they approach the game overconfident and the match against the Bulls wasn't a fluke for us!
    When you look at it from the form perspective (or is it with rose glasses?), we have not been far off the pace. The team has led at the break and both the Bulls AND the Kings have franked the form with good follow up performances. Let's hope the boys can continue to build and win the second half as well.
    Force by 2.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I'd give us a win at 6 and 8 as well.

vCash
    I agree with you TIF re Mike Harris. After McKenzie's comments a couple of weeks back about him being good but not great, I'd be looking to move to another franchise if I were him!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I agree with you TIF re Mike Harris. After McKenzie's comments a couple of weeks back about him being good but not great, I'd be looking to move to another franchise if I were him!!
    Defo!! I've always liked his game - he must get sick of being used and abused all the time (I can relate to that!)

Senior Player
    vCash
    The more I see Foley in the media the more I like the man and the way he goes about his role as head coach of the Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    When you look at it from the form perspective (or is it with rose glasses?), we have not been far off the pace. The team has led at the break and both the Bulls AND the Kings have franked the form with good follow up performances. Let's hope the boys can continue to build and win the second half as well.
    Force by 2.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Not saying the win's beyond us, but it'll be a case of Champion team beating a team of champions.

I have staked my vCash on a force win, not sure whether I'm loyal or stupid, but five bucks seemed too good to pass up, with the force on the rise and the reds stagnating.

At the end of the day, as long as they build on the Bulls performance and don't pull a port Elizabeth on is, I'll be a happy camper!

C'mon the

vCash

I guess we have to hope that they approach the game overconfident
    This is going to be a factor, they have got Genia back and that will boost their over confidence even more.

Go The Force!

Senior Player
    vCash
    At the end of the day, as long as they build on the Bulls performance and don't pull a port Elizabeth on is, I'll be a happy camper!
    If we build on the Bulls performance, we will win.

vCash
    The Reds pack is over rated. They really aren't that good. This is our opportunity

If the Force dominate at the breakdown and prevent them building phases, we can win

If the Reds get a lot of ball, get go forward at the breakdown and build phases, their backline will tear us apart

I think we will dominate them up front and at the breakdown

Gill is bordering on Nic Phipps level over hype. The bloke is a runt. Smash the farker. Clean him out aggressively at the breakdown.

We need to win the collisions and dominate the breakdown

We will

Force by 7

get that up ya QLD

I hate QLD

The Baby Faced Assasin

vCash
    The boys themselves were chuffed with how well they played against the Bulls. Different ref decision at the end could have given them the win!

vCash
    The boys themselves were chuffed with how well they played against the Bulls. Different ref decision at the end could have given them the win!
    While I know it was a big step up for them, I die a little inside every time I hear them saying they're happy when they lost.

Smart pundits might have know they were on a hiding to nothing, but a professional sportsman needs to believe he can win every time.

C'mon the

vCash
    How could the Ref decision changed that game?

Leading by 7

10 minutes on the clock

Ebersohn in the pocket and Lynn drops it cold

I die a little inside every time I hear them saying they're happy when they lost.

Smart pundits might have know they were on a hiding to nothing, but a professional sportsman needs to believe he can win every time.
    + 1

They're professional sportman, if they're happy with losing they're in the wrong industry!

Regardless of what chance the pundits have given them

Last edited by jargan83; 14-03-13 at 16:17.

vCash
    Fair point GIGS. And I agree with you.

Maybe they were so demoralised after the Kings loss that the Bulls loss seemed like a win!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast