Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: SR2013 Bulls v Force

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    thank goodness for the new video ref laws;How the assistant ref who was right in line failed to pick up the two forward passes(in the bulls disallowed try)is very,very disturbing

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Improved performance with lots of guts.

I was disappointed with the way the mauls were refereed as there was a lot of obstruction which I think ultimately cost the Force the game

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    I had the distinct impression that the referee was trying to get the Bulls home in the last 15 minutes.

Penalty for Alcock not releasing was incorrect; even the commentators picked up on it.

The last scrum was moving before the ball was fed - surely a free kick against the Bulls?

It felt like he was working to get the home team over the line and looked relieved when they scored on the bell. He knew he wouldn't have to face a dutch lynch mob outside the ground.

Cummins was his usual hopeless self, cost two tries. The larder must have been pretty bare when he received his Wallaby call up.

Champion
    vCash
    Just finished watching the match. So much better and gives me hope! Makes me wonder though why Sias hasn't had a run on before this match! His was kicking was pretty impressive!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Just finished watching the match. So much better and gives me hope! Makes me wonder though why Sias hasn't had a run on before this match! His was kicking was pretty impressive!!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Jules mate

How was the other aspects of his game though. Would be really interested to know??? Didn't get the game, workiing offshore.

Cheers

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDS View Post
    Jules mate

How was the other aspects of his game though. Would be really interested to know??? Didn't get the game, workiing offshore.

Cheers
    Well thought the first half ok - still too much kicking and a few silly errors but Sias goal kicking our saviour! Beginning of the second half was good and that try to Lynn gave them an extra spring in the step for a while. Otherwise they definately look to be more of a team working together and think can only improve. Not much impact from mafi except he did get a great catch on the try line which otherwise would definately have been a bulls try. Hodgson limped off End of first half though so hoping nothing serious!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Well thought the first half ok - still too much kicking and a few silly errors but Sias goal kicking our saviour! Beginning of the second half was good and that try to Lynn gave them an extra spring in the step for a while. Otherwise they definately look to be more of a team working together and think can only improve. Not much impact from mafi except he did get a great catch on the try line which otherwise would definately have been a bulls try. Hodgson limped off End of first half though so hoping nothing serious!!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Cheers man. I meant Sias' game in particular.

Apart from the kicking at hatfull how did his game match up in defence & attack?

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDS View Post
    Cheers man. I meant Sias' game in particular.

Apart from the kicking at hatfull how did his game match up in defence & attack?
    Sorry! Thought he was pretty decent got involved and had a few well placed kicks. My opinion anyway..
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Yes they played well, but last week they were absolutely dire. Is it too much to ask, after so many years, for a little consistency?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I havent managed to watch either game in Seth Ephrikor, but it is not unexpected to have some blips in performance such as last weeks dire 2nd half sandwiched between two credible performances, given the huge player turnover and completely new coaching setup.

I was very happy with the performance against the Rebels, and this one sounds pretty impressive as well. I think the consistency will improve as the season unfolds, next season should be where the payoff occurs.

Cant wait to see the boys at nib in three weeks

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    I havent managed to watch either game in Seth Ephrikor, but it is not unexpected to have some blips in performance such as last weeks dire 2nd half sandwiched between two credible performances, given the huge player turnover and completely new coaching setup.
    I guess they were at least consistently crap last year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stejwill View Post
    I guess they were at least consistently crap last year.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Lets say more lows than highs last year, but there were some highs.......RG leaving one of them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    It was an outstanding performance. To be in front of the Bulls with 10 mins to go in Pretoria after being down at half time was a great effort.

The Bulls cut them apart in the opening min utes and the heads were down. The body language did not look good. The tackling was soft. The commitment at the breakdown was tentative. It was looking like we were in for a hiding.

Sias kept the bulls in their half with an outstanding kicking game, stole a few drop goals and kicked some incredible penalty goals.

The Force was right in the game at half time but neither team looked like they had shown up to play.

When the Force scored an intercept try, the Force confidence grew. The ball carries and defence really aimed up. The lads started having a real crack as you could see they suddenly believed they could win the game. The structures started to come. Madness Mcmeniman was hurting Bulls everywhere. The bloke was inspirational. Alcock off the bench changed the game for the Force.......turnovers, pressure at the breakdown and some good carries.

They were 7 in front, building pressure, were building phases......were awarded a penalty......decided to chance their arm......advantage over.......dropped the pill. That was a big turning point. I think if they had grabbed the 3 points to kick 10 in front, the outcome may have been different. The Bulls scored a converted try 2 minutes after the siren to blow the score out.

A massive effort. The Force of old......having a massive go. Great team effort.

It ended in tears. I was gutted. I'm sure they were gutted. It was a game that got away.

The Bulls mauling was exceptional. In the end it won them the game. The Force pack was schooled by the best. Lets hope the lessons were learned and they develop this part of their game as well.

The driving maul is difficult to defend if the attacking team can stay on their feet. The Bulls were brillian how they subtly changed the direction to keep it moving forwards. It is a frustrating part of the game to defend because you can't compete for the ball and you can't bring it down. Whe it is done so well, it is almost impossible to defend as was seen last night.

No point crying about it. The trick is to get as good at it as the Bulls and make it a weapon.

The Bulls will beat plenty of teams at home so this was a great performance

Worryingly, we are 0-3.

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    The attitude was definitely right during the game. They defended everything except the rolling maul well. Need to hit their maul early with numbers, if not maybe try one man sacking or hold off let them form and milk a truck and trailer call. Some pointless kicking still in the first half, notably Stanleys nothing grubber into their 22, when we held possession we built pressure and shifted the field well, we just need to be more dynamic and ruthless with our attacking. We could have done some real damage if we got some offloads going. That game gives us a stronger blueprint to build on than last weeks game.
    Tupou needs to have more impact on a game. Ditto Hodgson, Brown, Wykes, Lynn and McCalman.
    Godwin and McMenimen were our best for mine.
    No kudos' for Ebersohn? In my opinion he was the best player last night for the Force.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    "Chiliboy Ralepelle Judicial Hearing Announcement

Following initial consideration by the SANZAR Duty Judicial Officer Adam Casselden, Chiliboy Ralepelle of the Bulls will appear at a SANZAR Judicial Hearing after being cited for alleged foul play during a Super Rugby match at the weekend.

Ralepelle is alleged to have contravened two laws; Law 10.4 (h) A player must not charge into a ruck or maul. Charging includes any contact made without use of the arms, or without grasping a player. Law 10.4 (k) Players must not charge into a ruck or maul without binding onto a player in the ruck or maul. Ralepelle made contact at a ruck with Force #11 Alfi Mafi in the 11th minute of the match between the Bulls and the Western Force at Loftus Versfeld in Pretoria on 2 March 2013.

The Judicial Officer for the Hearing will be Jannie Lubbe SC which will be held by video conference at 5:30pm SAST on 4th March, 4:30am NZDT on 5th March, 2:30am AEDT on 5th March."

http://www.rugby15.co.za/2013/03/chi...-announcement/

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast