Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: SR2013 Bulls v Force

vCash
    Glad Chilliboy is being investigated for that horrendous body launch!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    No kudos' for Ebersohn? In my opinion he was the best player last night for the Force.
    His goal kicking was good, field kicking was mixed, his distribution to the outside backs non existent.
    True he kept us in the game with his kicking but other than that he didn't exactly give much ball to the guys outside him to do anything with. Godwin got kudos for an outstanding defensive display culminating in 2 pilfers, Stanley was good defensively, HB and Mafi were starved of opportunity and Tupou looked lost. A good 10 gives his teammates more opportunity. Rememeber both tries were scored by forwards, one an intercept, the other a 1 foot dive through a ruck. I want to see our backs attack more cohesively and not rely on kicking so much.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    Theres a reason Foley's been reluctant to play Sias - as he's trying to achieve a running style game for the Force.

Your on the money NTT Sias distribution to his outside men was flat, predictable and boring.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    While I agree with your assessment of Ebersohn's distribution cramping our backline. I can't agree with your assessment of his kicking out of hand. He kept us in the game at some points there, with some great tactical kicks, which put us into their half and on the front foot.

Towards the end of the game, when it opened up, we could have done with Sam Christie to liven things up, but Sias controlled the attack pretty well right up until the Bulls decided to get serious and ignore the fact that they had a backline.

You can't blame him for that.

I thnk he's done enough to have a go at the reds (god knows our tactical kicking will need to be good then!)

C'mon the

vCash
    Yeah between Sias and Christie we cover off on most bases; if we could morph them we'd have Daniel Carter on our books.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Christie to fullback. Freedom to counter attack from deep as a playmaker in a Bealistic way, and can kick better then Tupou. When the siituation calls bring him into first receiver.
    Jayden hayward had two touches for two turnovers when we least needed them. Hope he improves on this.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    Hey read this article >> interesting read from the SA reporters

http://www.rugby365.com/article/5238...negative-force
    Dear South African reporter,

I think you will find the line out that lead to the try was interplay between Charles and Cotterel, not Brown.

Easy mistake to make, a 6 may look like an 8 to someone nearsighted.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Dear South African reporter,

I think you will find the line out that lead to the try was interplay between Charles and Cotterel, not Brown.

Easy mistake to make, a 6 may look like an 8 to someone nearsighted.
    that was one of the worst(ly) written articles i have ever read, lets forget about the content for a minute. The structure, pace and rhythm of the piece, let alone trying to keep the timeline in order is horrible!

i couldn't finish reading it.

anywho... GO FORCE!!! (where they really that negative??)

vCash
    The Force were apparently negative because the Bulls didn't score 90 points

The Force tackled like demons and competed hard for the ball in the second half

Madness McMeniman put half their pack off the pitch with concussion.......I noticed he didn't score very highly in the "fan polling"......dead set?

The Force played a very astute tactical kicking game in the first half to keep the Bulls maul away from the Force red zone.......the signs were ominous early.

It was indeed the Bulls that played the negative rugby by returning all the Force kicks and doing stupid and pointless up and unders. The Bulls were a shadow of their potential in the first half.

The second half was a great spectacle from both teams. Two tries each, some very aggressive tackling and breakdown competition and some of the best driving mauls you will ever see in a rugby match. There was blood, aggro, tries, massive hits, head clashes, outstanding set piece work.

The Force scrum was outstanding by the way. The lineout about 100 x better than week 1 & 2

It was a game of two halves

The macth was a beauty as it head into the championship rounds. If we had the Mundine management team to stop the game two rounds early, we would be as successful as $BW

Controversy corner

vCash
    First scrum Ma'afu got popped so high he ended up with a nose bleed. Second scrum he had his faced rubbed in the dirt. Third scrum ditto. Things did improve from there but outstanding is way over the top. Serviceable is as far as I would go.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11