Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Norton-Knight fills last Force spot

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Norton-Knight fills last Force spot

Nick Taylor,
    The West Australian
    February 27, 2013, 7:19 am

Western Force have finally filled their 2013 Super Rugby squad with the arrival of former Wallabies utility back Sam Norton-Knight.

He signed for the club some months ago but had to finish his season with the Wild Knights in Japan.

The 28-year-old played one season with the Cardiff Blues after leaving the NSW Waratahs in 2009. He then moved to Japan for three years.

In his four years at the Waratahs he made 49 appearances after moving from the Brumbies.

Force coach Michael Foley said that Norton-Knight's experience in Super Rugby, European rugby and in Japan would be invaluable.

"He's been around the world, he's experienced northern hemisphere rugby, which is totally different, and got an understanding of how you manage the game differently," Foley said.

"He's mature, a guy who can play 10 and 15, and he's strong-minded. He's the sort of guy that's going to speak his mind.

"That's a positive thing because he has the team's best interest at heart.

"Having him stamp his authority on things whether at No.10 or No.15 will be great in terms of leadership with some of the young guys coming in."

Norton-Knight played twice for the Wallabies in 2007 in wins against Wales and Fiji.

He has signed a two-year deal and revealed he had spoken with the club about a move to Perth in previous seasons.

"This is a good opportunity for me," he said. "It's a great time to be coming back to Super Rugby.

"It's not something I thought I would get the chance to be doing again. The Force is a young side and there is some exciting talent here. That was evident in the first two games and as the side plays together more and gains more experience I think you'll see results change."

Norton-Knight is also looking at the chance to play against the British Lions when they meet the Force in June.

"You don't get that opportunity too often," he said.

Looking back on his move overseas he wondered whether he made the right choice.
    "You look at what is on offer at the time and see greener pastures," he said. "I'm not sure, in hindsight, if it was the right decision but I enjoyed my time."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...st-force-spot/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Sounds like he may have matured could be just what we need.
    After last weeks debacle we do need someone to kick arse out on the pitch and they weren't listing to Hoddgo.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Hopefully he can provide the game direction on the field that was missing last week.

vCash
    very diplomatic response to a question no doubt along the lines of "so, what do you think of the force losing their first two matchs, does this change your mood heading to Perth?"

"It's not something I thought I would get the chance to be doing again. The Force is a young side and there is some exciting talent here. That was evident in the first two games and as the side plays together more and gains more experience I think you'll see results change."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLE BOOG View Post
    very diplomatic response to a question no doubt along the lines of "so, what do you think of the force losing their first two matchs, does this change your mood heading to Perth?"
    Did he study politics ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    Did he study politics ?
    Financial Services Financial Markets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNeP-vvA_OQ

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    After the past few days of being in the doldrums and actaully considering boycotting the Force Family Day next week, I have finally come to my senses and have renewed faith in the Force.

Norton-Knight is really the type of player we need now. Someone who can really kick us out of our own 25 and put us on attack, someone that can adapt game plans ect, together with getting Sias back in the team, I think the road ahead may not be as bleak as it seemed.

In all the hype following the performance against the Rebels i think we all forgot that the team has no "superstars", we lost a legend (Sharpe) and a legend in the making (Pocock), and a lot of willing and able youingsters still trying to come to grips with Super 15 rugby. The Kings were no slouches, they played hard physical rugby, they had a point to prove, they come from the hotbead of rugby talent in SA, they played as if there livesd depended on it and lets face it caught us off gaurd. Lets also not forget the potental "spy" at training, lets not forget they blunted our attack.

That said and done welcome on board SNK, look forward to good things and meeting and greating the team next week.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Welcome SNK :-)) Interesting that he has spoken to the club in previous seasons about joining. Hopefully that means he really, really wants to be here!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    After the past few days of being in the doldrums and actaully considering boycotting the Force Family Day next week, I have finally come to my senses and have renewed faith in the Force.

Norton-Knight is really the type of player we need now. Someone who can really kick us out of our own 25 and put us on attack, someone that can adapt game plans ect, together with getting Sias back in the team, I think the road ahead may not be as bleak as it seemed.

In all the hype following the performance against the Rebels i think we all forgot that the team has no "superstars", we lost a legend (Sharpe) and a legend in the making (Pocock), and a lot of willing and able youingsters still trying to come to grips with Super 15 rugby. The Kings were no slouches, they played hard physical rugby, they had a point to prove, they come from the hotbead of rugby talent in SA, they played as if there livesd depended on it and lets face it caught us off gaurd. Lets also not forget the potental "spy" at training, lets not forget they blunted our attack.

That said and done welcome on board SNK, look forward to good things and meeting and greating the team next week.

We're only 2 games into a 3 year plan remember
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    We're only 2 games into a 3 year plan remember
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Yep, after the hurt of Sunday, I'm working my way around to that point. It is completely unrealistic to think that all of the club's problems will be fixed with one pre-season. My litmus test will be the next match, and the one after that and so on.

If the limp-minded poor rugby continues, I'll become grumpy GIGS pretty quickly, however a couple of promising performances and display of a true intent to play aggressive, running, ball-control rugby will help me to get back to the unshakeable faith i had once!

C'mon the

vCash
    SNK might be the fix at fullback.

Now to fix outside centre?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    SNK might be the fix at fullback.

Now to fix outside centre?
    Not sure if it's two words or one...............Honeybadger

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Not sure if it's two words or one...............Honeybadger
    Worth trying I suppose, but I like him better on the wing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Worth trying I suppose, but I like him better on the wing.
    We have a wealth of talent on the wing. Plenty of speed merchants who need to be there because they can't handle the complexity of defense further in.

The badger is the answer to our lack of quality in 13 (I am now officially calling it the Winston factor)

C'mon the

vCash
    Agree GIGS - this week we can bring HB into 13 and have either Rasolea or Stubbs on the wing.
    At FB, we will need to have whoever is best under the high ball, as there will be more bombs launched than the Japs attack on Darwin.

Just have to get through the 80 minutes, take a week off and then look at where SNK slots in against the reds.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast